Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#16New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 03:29:51
@ReAdSaLoT Said

Sad, isn't it?

Only for them being the kind of person I am (always smiling and nice ) Bastards get what they deserve from me but with a big smile just to rub it in
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#17New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 03:49:45
@Demented Said

if you want something off a shelf when you go shopping,you don't say Excuse me,you just shove in or push the person standing in your way out of the way.

"Excuse me d***head," is my preferred approach.

, Australia
#18New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 04:01:33
@bob_the_fisherman Said

"Excuse me d***head," is my preferred approach.

d***head?? Bob your to nice s*** for Brains is far nicer
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#19New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 04:04:07
@Demented Said

d***head?? Bob your to nice s*** for Brains is far nicer

Dunno mate, I grew up a Crow eater out in the sticks. d***head is the insult of choice...

, Australia
#20New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 04:13:53
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Dunno mate, I grew up a Crow eater out in the sticks. d***head is the insult of choice...

Crow Eater Damned Mexican you are

Funny how so many get really upset when you call them a d***head it's almost as if you tried to murder their family or something
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#21New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 04:19:51
Manners are the way to go. It's sad when people are no longer taught that such politeness is only a suggestion. Try "I'd like a ____, please". I am ashamed to say that by their 4th birthdays my daughters will have better manners than a lot of grown folks. Now that speaks well of how my family raises kids, but, it doesn't say much for the general populous, does it?
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#22New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 04:23:43
@Demented Said

Crow Eater Damned Mexican you are

Funny how so many get really upset when you call them a d***head it's almost as if you tried to murder their family or something

True. Calling someone "d***head" or "mate" is generally a prelude to throwing a punch around here, and calling someone "c*nt" is a term of endearment.
snarkykins On June 13, 2013

Noneofyourbusiness, United Sta
#23New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 12:28:22
I can't believe this would be a problem for anybody. Someone doesn't have enough work to do.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#24New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 12:31:26
@MainerMikeBrown Said

I have a friend who works at a fast-food restaurant. And it irritates him when some of the customers say "Give me a soda," or "Give me a burger."

However, I've also had people tell me "Give me such and such" at previous jobs I've had where I had to deal with the public. And I never found it to be offensive.

My opinion is that if the customer told me to give him something and he meant what he said, that would be a little offensive. I'd feel like I was being bossed around.

But probably most people don't mean it that way. They don't mean it to sound like they're pushing you around by implying that they want a burger or soda "Right now, or else!"

My friend disagrees, however. He thinks it's rude and pushy even if they don't mean it that way.

Maybe it's a common courtesy thing? I know when I order food or something I usually say "can I have" or sometimes "I would like a" then I usually end with "please." I can see what your friend means when he thinks they are rude. I would be better if they said it differently or just didn't simply add the "give me" part.
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#25New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 13:15:32
seems today everyone has a sense of entitlement

"I'd like a s***ty cardboard box burger and some fatty fries." pay for it, get food," thanks." End of story.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#26New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 13:29:21
sometimes its not what you say, its how you say it.

You could say "give me" or "I'll take" and it not be rude at all. Its really the attitude behind the words that matter.

, Australia
#27New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 04:36:06
@treebee Said

sometimes its not what you say, its how you say it.

You could say "give me" or "I'll take" and it not be rude at all. Its really the attitude behind the words that matter.

Quite right there Treebs,if it's said with a smile,it would come across different.
Like calling someone a Bastard,if they trick you and you give a big smile as you say You Bastard,they know your joking,but grit your teeth and glare at them while saying it,that's a different matter.

, Australia
#28New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 05:08:02
@lilkatangel Said

Manners are the way to go. It's sad when people are no longer taught that such politeness is only a suggestion. Try "I'd like a ____, please". I am ashamed to say that by their 4th birthdays my daughters will have better manners than a lot of grown folks. Now that speaks well of how my family raises kids, but, it doesn't say much for the general populous, does it?

I applaud your reasoning,my three kids were brought up to say Please and Thank You,as well as hold a door open for an adult,they today are parents themselves and have done the same with their kids.
What annoys me the most is seeing a small child be polite but getting Ignorance or out and out rudeness in return and the look of hurt on their little faces,yet we adults are quick to condemn a child or Teen for that matter for giving them the same treatment.

We as children weren't bought up to be rude to others,but isn't it amazing how quickly we learn to treat others as we get treated??.
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#29New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 07:49:38
I make it a point to never be rude to people in restaurants.

I don't like my burgers with oysters on them.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#30New Post! May 26, 2012 @ 09:39:56
you can say anything with a smile and pretty much get away with it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs