Intelligence

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#31New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 02:35:29
@twilitezone911 Said

thank you for backhand compliment. yes, my bad grammar does sucks. being highly intelligent that i am, being wonderful than i am. before i joined the forum, i really didn't know had a bad grammar. so i have learn something in almost 6 years on the forum.

being highly intelligent that i am, i think the members on the forum has bad grammar. since i joined you'll never seen good grammar before.

ladies and gentlemen keep reading my posts and see excellent grammar, you ever seen before. you keep practice, i have faith, your grammar will be great as mine. but , don't count on it in this lifetime.

Just messing with you TZ. We speak a different dialect. yours is not better than mine and mine is not better than yours; they are only different.

Someday, for all we know, TZian English will be the common tongue.

Intelligence (whatever that is) is relative. Relative to me you have the superior intellect. This is not meant as a complement; it is a statement of fact.

I have to apologize for saying that. Describing someone as smart (or stupid) is rude. We play the hand that we are dealt. I will not be rude again.

#32New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 02:40:26
@chaski Said

I wonder if the word Intelligence wasn't created to make some people feel superior to others‽

Maybe not...some people clearly are more intelligent, at certain things, than others.

yeah....

Intelligence, as I see it, is what we know and how we understand what we know.

Wisdom, as I see it, is using intelligence and using it at the right time and in the right way.

I think I will read the wikipedia article and see what it says on the subject.

#33New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 03:36:17
@Leez Said

Do you also speak the same way you write ?
Only asking as I can't even pronounce a few words that I happened to be able to write.

English-TZ TZ-English dictionaries will be available in the lobby at the end of the show

#34New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 05:42:27
TZ: i have problems with big words.

Small words and big words

Small words are general and almost always ambiguous; they need clarification.

Big words are particular and need no clarification. The big word might take an entire sentence, or paragraph, or essay to explain. The big word is big because it has a big specific meaning. We could, of course, use only small words but then we have to explain the small word with a sentence, paragraph, essay, or an entire book. The big word is actually smaller than an explained big word.

And there is a big word that says that but I cannot remember it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#35New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 06:09:22
@Erimitus Said

Just messing with you TZ. We speak a different dialect. yours is not better than mine and mine is not better than yours; they are only different.

Someday, for all we know, TZian English will be the common tongue.

Intelligence (whatever that is) is relative. Relative to me you have the superior intellect. This is not meant as a complement; it is a statement of fact.

I have to apologize for saying that. Describing someone as smart (or stupid) is rude. We play the hand that we are dealt. I will not be rude again.

you are be insulting to me. your english is very good. my english and grammar is bad, even i can speak better is english off line.

tell me that tzian english will be replace regular people english is insulting me and the members.

i am doing the best i best. i only teasting ,because like you have fun, i known better than really hurt you. you are teaching me to challenge me to learn from others.

when you are said different dialect. you are refer to yourself come from somewhere that english your first language. since i can't tell by your perfect english on the your posts, or the english in you writing on your post.

obviously, my learning disabilities that i can't difference different. only, can tell if you have spelling problem or broken english, that you don't have.

i should be really made you and others who common on my grammar and english. but truth is, but you and others are make realizes that i have try harder to improve myself to get better.

i should thanks, tiger, for encouraging me try to improve my english and grammar by the points that give me. more points, i get per post. more my grammar and english is closer to be normal to everyone. i am making sense to members, who can understanding me.

i am more understanding person in general, i let a lot of things slide, when people insult me these days. i don't need the stress in my life. first time for a long time, i am happy , who i am.

in conclusion, i know you mean well to me. like other members, are their best. i appreciate your caring for me that way. you are a bad person, or you should beat up yourself about anything that think you are doing wrong. i think you are a good person, that what counts.

not you, i know other members, this is for you only, who don't want to post me or e-mail me. i like to apologizes if i hurt your feelings in anything, i wrote in my post in the past. if i have defend myself will do so, then i apologizes later as a gentlemen, maybe a friend in the future to you. you will decide that. it is ok for you to talk me, if you have problems with me.

i know they are members are hold back because you ere being nice to me or my learning disabilities. there was a member awhile back got angry at me. because i have leaning disabilities, the member was be kind to me. the members mentioned that other members were tell the member, not me. they had no idea how to deals with me, i found really insulting to me. i would understand their frustration with me. i would try be understanding about that to them, and try work better to improve with them.

so don't worry about our relationship so much, i am not. as long , we have a good dialog, and that i like you. i have kill anyone lately. you and i are doing fine.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#36New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:16:01
@Erimitus Said

I disagree with this graph/chart/list. I think most of those are talents. Intelligence, in my opinion, is your ability to reason. Your ability to do understand and figure things out.

If your an intelligent person. You could probably learn to play a musical instrument, but it's doubtful that you'd be as good as someone born with musical talent.

Also maybe intelligence is relative to whoever is around you. Like that movie idocracy

#37New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:25:52
@adrinachrome Said

I disagree with this graph/chart/list. I think most of those are talents. Intelligence, in my opinion, is your ability to reason. Your ability to do understand and figure things out.

If your an intelligent person. You could probably learn to play a musical instrument, but it's doubtful that you'd be as good as someone born with musical talent.

Also maybe intelligence is relative to whoever is around you. Like that movie idocracy

I am not sure we are born with intelligence. A person might have the potential for a particular ability and I suppose learning occurs in the womb but not a skill set.

Maybe a person could be born with a superior ability to reason but I do not see how knowledge can be innate. Are we considering instinct a knowledge.

Asolute intelligence vs. relative intelligence. I will have to think on that. Thanks.

Fukitall, Arizona
#38New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:27:25
@Erimitus Said

I am not sure we are born with intelligence. A person might have the potential for a particular ability and I suppose learning occurs in the womb but not a skill set.

Maybe a person could be born with a superior ability to reason but I do not see how knowledge can be innate. Are we considering instinct a knowledge.

Asolute intelligence vs. relative intelligence. I will have to think on that. Thanks.

I think knowledge and intelligence are two separate things, don't you?

Fukitall, Arizona
#39New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:39:43
@chaski Said

I wonder if the word Intelligence wasn't created to make some people feel superior to others‽

Maybe not...some people clearly are more intelligent, at certain things, than others.

Chaski don't you think some people are superior to others. I mean isn't this obvious? Especially where intelligence is concerned.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#40New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:40:08
i think that wisdom is knowledge that you learn from life experiences. i think intelligence is what your mind absorbed by knowledge. the mind is get simulate by absorbing knowledge. how your mind absorb the knowledge is intelligence.

i agree with the fact that knowledge and intelligence that are two different things, because your mind separate them to process them.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#41New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:47:02
@adrinachrome Said

Chaski don't you think some people are superior to others. I mean isn't this obvious? Especially where intelligence is concerned.

I don't like the word superior but more intelligent, more proficient, more award, better skilled....as some or even many things.

Yes.

OH! Wait!! you were trying to imply that I, Chaski, am superior to others.... my bad.... but yes, of course you are right.

#42New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 03:15:21
@adrinachrome Said

I think knowledge and intelligence are two separate things, don't you?

Yes

Knowledge is that which is known

Intelligence is the ability to know

I had not considered tallen and ...and (I stand corrected (well sit actually)) Tallent is inherent ability. You are right I was wrong. ...have a cookie

I have been thinking of intelligence as a learned ability.

I am now thinking of talent as an inherent ability.

My degree of certainty on this is very low though.

What do you think?

#43New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 03:20:54

#44New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 03:47:51
@;6781326 Said

Like that movie idocracy

Well, thanks to you, I have to rethink my whole position on this.

The problem, at least in part, is semantics.

adrinachrome ...maybe intelligence is relative to whoever is around you.

Erimitus: YES

Erimitus: This is a story that I like to tell. So I will.

When I was a a young man I was in the army. At the time there was a major war on but any who was is school was deferred. Naturally anyone who did not want to get killed was in school.

The first day in the army, right after they shave your head, dress everyone alike, and tell you that you are a worm, they give you an IQ test.

My IQ was 156. I thought to myself, holly snit, I am a super genius. But as you said "...maybe intelligence is relative to whoever is around you". Relative to everyone else in boot camp I was a genius. But ...but most people (at least those who did not want to be killed) stayed in school. Being the most intelligent person in boot camp is like Moe being the most intelligent of the Three Stooges.

In actual fact, relative to most pre-schoolers, I am low average. (How did you like that for humility?)

And ...and are there any facts that are not actual? Isn't 'actual fact' redundant? I was being facetious so I suppose that it does not matter.

And ...and, at the time, I could not even spell genius.
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#45New Post! Jun 10, 2016 @ 10:56:37
@twilitezone911 Said

no, i don't speak the same way, i write. i have mental blocks from my learning abilities, that i have problems pronounce words that try to remember how sound the word out.

i try to figure another word mean the same word, i was thinking.

in many ways, most people hardly noticed or at least, comment it.

on the forum, i have look up with words on the post, i don't what they mean.

i have problems with big words. i have pronounce the word, because i can't how the word, so i try break down with syllables. i come up with new words that not in dictionary.

i might not be pronounce the word but i am pretty good what the word mean, before i look it up. sometimes, when i am reading a book, most the words that i don't ever seen before.

i break down the word, i can pronounce the word. it funny after i do that, i laugh at myself. i said that how the word look like it. i never see the word before.

Admittedly, I struggle more in speaking the language than writing.
I can recognise myself in your post as I do similar things in some situations.

Let's form a club
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs