Health & Fitness

Headaches

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
honesty2008 On April 18, 2008

Charlotte, North Carolina
#1New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 14:43:19
Headaches....do you get them? What do you do to rid of them? I usually take a couple of advil and lay down with my eyes close-usually in a dark room.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#2New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 14:46:33
Yup...I get them. I get monster migraines though

I take prescription meds when they start and, if possible, take a hot shower then lie down for a while. If not possible, just take the meds and hope for the best. If it doesn't go away within an hour, then it's on to 2 Aleve.
JGurl86 On December 18, 2011

CandyLand, Texas
#3New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 14:50:37
I take 2 Aleve and then relax. maybe take a hot bath.
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:04:04
i get bad migraines the last one lasted just over a week,i was even laying down in bed with sunglasses on,when i managed to get to the drs he gave me morphine cos im already on strong painkillers that didnt do anything for my headache.
lilacs1966 On June 27, 2008

Port Angeles, Washington
#5New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:04:23
I have migraines and none of the meds specifically for them have helped me at all. I usually start with alka-seltzer (aspirin, buffered to help prevent stomach trouble) and a caffeine tablet and lie down. If that doesn't work then I have to move on to the pain pills like codeine. The worst is when a headache starts in the middle of the night and I don't wake up until it hurts so bad I want to scream and pound my head against the wall but I can't because I am too busy throwing-up . Then I can't take anything because it won't stay down!
ebh On October 02, 2008

, Texas
#6New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:05:23
I get really bad migraines and have since I was 16. I have taken preventive meds in the past every day, but due to some health reasons now I am unable to take them. I do have prescription meds I can take when I get an attack; however, if I wait too long (it's hard for me to tell most times whether it's just a headache or it's developing into a migraine) I have to take 2 and mah a** is knocked out.

Port Angeles, Washington
#7New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:14:41
I once had a Dr tell me that a)I should take my pain meds at the first sign of a migraine so I can kill it while it's small and use less medication, and b)that he was sure most of my headaches must be "normal" headaches and not migraines so I should not take pain meds unless I am sure it is a migraine. He neglected to tell me how I am supposed to tell which is which at the first sign. Fortunately, this idiot was just filling in for my regular Dr. who was on vacation.
operaghost On June 13, 2008

Long Island, New York
#8New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:17:49
There was something on the news this morning about women who have 1 or more migranes every week are more likely to suffer a stroke. Just thought I'd share the information from the study they were doing a short segment on.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:18:49
I dont normally suffer from headaches/migranes etc. Throughout my pregnancy I have suffered from quite bad ones though, my midwife says its down to the hormone balance

I dont really like taking painkillers for headaches. I normally prefer to lay day in a dark, quiet room and sleep it off.
fluffypenguins On May 29, 2008

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:19:17
I used to suffer from some real nasty migrains.
luckily I have not had one for two years or so, around about the time I gave up smoking.

I just get normal head aches now.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#11New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:20:11
EBH, I've had migraines since I was 16, too. I take Topamax to prevent, but get breakthrough migraines that tend to be treatable with Axert.
Lilacs, my doctor told me the same thing about "killing" migraines. But I know the difference (for me) between a "normal" headache and a migraine. My migraines ALWAYS begin behind my left eye and quickly radiate down my neck. "Normal" headaches just start as a dull ache.
maryjo On August 26, 2010

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:23:29
I suffered migranes while I was pregnant and again in later life I do think they are due to hormone inbalance, just know they are blooming awful and sometimes taking the tablets make you feel rotton as well
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:25:39
@maryjo Said
I suffered migranes while I was pregnant and again in later life I do think they are due to hormone inbalance, just know they are blooming awful and sometimes taking the tablets make you feel rotton as well

My midwife was explaining today that in pregnancy, people who dont normally suffer headfaches tend to get them whilst pregnant and the people who every day suffer from them seem to lose them in pregnancy.
ebh On October 02, 2008

, Texas
#14New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:25:55
Hi Wingsy! Love your avatar!
My DMIL takes Topamax and has described her side effects to me as constant tingling feelings in her hands and feet, and sodas always taste flat to her. She said you tend to get used to the tingling after a while but I can't imagine how! Does it affect you this way?
See, I have problems telling which will become migraines because everything starts out the same. Pain deep in the middle of my head, behind my forehead. Usually by the time it progresses to a migraine my entire head feels like it will explode. I wish I had a "telltale" sign, like you, always behind one eye, etc.

Port Angeles, Washington
#15New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:36:10
A "telltale" sign would be wonderful to have. Sometimes I think a "normal" headache like sinus will then turn in to a migraine. One of my migraine triggers is stress, so maybe I get stressed out worrying if my headache is going to turn into a migraine, so it does. Talk about a vicious circle.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs