Atheism

Happy Good Friday

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#1New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 11:42:01
To me, as an athiest good friday is more important then eEaster sunday im not bieng funny but i think that Jesus dying is more factually true then his re-birth. Besides, as an athiest it ould be hypocrytical for me to celebrate his re-birth.

that is all, i thaught id get it off my chest
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#2New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 11:44:07
Jesus dying is a story from the bible...

The bible you wouldn't believe in if you were atheist....

I actually think you're being a little disrespectful to Christians with this post.

It's your choice what you believe, but you're basically mocking them
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 14:31:10
@misunderstood Said

The bible you wouldn't believe in if you were atheist....

Thats not entirely true, being an atheist only means you don't believe in god, and while this usually goes hand in hand with not believing anything in the bible at all it doesn't have to.

But i do find it strange that someone who is atheist believes that jesus existed at all. There is certainly not much evidence of that.
Persuasive Madam!

#4New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 14:37:06
@shadowy Said
Thats not entirely true, being an atheist only means you don't believe in god, and while this usually goes hand in hand with not believing anything in the bible at all it doesn't have to.

But i do find it strange that someone who is atheist believes that jesus existed at all. There is certainly not much evidence of that.

I thought the bible was supposedly written by disciples instructed to do so by God?

If you don't believe in God, that would make the writings of the bible invalid surely?

Meh, I dunno, I'm not religious

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 14:44:19
@misunderstood Said
I thought the bible was supposedly written by disciples instructed to do so by God?

If you don't believe in God, that would make the writings of the bible invalid surely?

Meh, I dunno, I'm not religious

I'm not religious either you may be suprised to know.

The new testament is supposedly written by people who were around when all this stuff was happening, i don't believe that but some people may think it gives an honest history of the life of jesus with a few bits added later to show he was the son of god.
Persuasive Madam!

#6New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 15:00:37
Ah ok, well either way I still think the OP was being slightly insensitive.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 15:08:26
@misunderstood Said
Ah ok, well either way I still think the OP was being slightly insensitive.

Probably, but then theists should stay out of an atheist forum if the are overly sensitive
chmquarter On March 31, 2008

Edinboro, Pennsylvania
#8New Post! Mar 29, 2008 @ 01:14:51
jesus was a very intellegent rabbi. there is no reason to suspect he came back from the dead, as no other rabbi ever has. jesus would have gotten a A+ in communications class. not the point. anyway, happy good friday to you. religion is a tricky business. pardon the pun. but, the point is, yes.....his dying is a more truthful approach to being an atheist(in that is happened) than saying happy easter to celebrate the resurection.
drgoofymofo On September 12, 2011

Council Bluffs, Iowa
#9New Post! Mar 29, 2008 @ 16:04:16
I still believe in Jesus to a point he had really good teaching for how to live your life and what not. I just wish the people who followed him understood them better.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs