Politics

Bush 'helped Israelis attack on Lebanon'

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
herrkapitan On October 03, 2009

, Ireland
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2006 @ 19:34:39
This is what I read in a British newspaper today;

"The US government was closely involved in the planning the Israeli campaign in Lebanon, even before Hizbullah seized two Israeli soldiers in a cross border raids in July. American and Israeli officials met in the Spring, discussing plans on how to tackle Hizbullah, according to a report published yesterday.
The veteran investigative journalist Seymour Hersh writes in the current issue of the New Yorker magazine that Israeli government officials travelled to the U.S. in May to share plans for attacking Hizbullah.
Quoting a U.S. government consultant, Hersh said: " Earlier this summer ...several Israeli officials visited Washington, separetly, 'to get a green light for the bombing operation and to find out how much the United States would bear'."
The Israeli action, current and former goverment officials told Hersh, chimed with the Bush's administration's desire to reduce the threat of possible Hizbullah retaliation against Israel should the US launch a military strike against Iran.
"A successful Israeli Air Force bombing campaign...could ease Israel's security concerns and also serve as a prelude to a potential American pre-emptive attack to destroy Iran's nuclear installations," sources told Hersh."
alljive On March 03, 2007

trondheim, Norway
#2New Post! Aug 14, 2006 @ 19:42:28
@herrkapitan Said
This is what I read in a British newspaper today;

"The US government was closely involved in the planning the Israeli campaign in Lebanon, even before Hizbullah seized two Israeli soldiers in a cross border raids in July. American and Israeli officials met in the Spring, discussing plans on how to tackle Hizbullah, according to a report published yesterday.
The veteran investigative journalist Seymour Hersh writes in the current issue of the New Yorker magazine that Israeli government officials travelled to the U.S. in May to share plans for attacking Hizbullah.
Quoting a U.S. government consultant, Hersh said: " Earlier this summer ...several Israeli officials visited Washington, separetly, 'to get a green light for the bombing operation and to find out how much the United States would bear'."
The Israeli action, current and former goverment officials told Hersh, chimed with the Bush's administration's desire to reduce the threat of possible Hizbullah retaliation against Israel should the US launch a military strike against Iran.
"A successful Israeli Air Force bombing campaign...could ease Israel's security concerns and also serve as a prelude to a potential American pre-emptive attack to destroy Iran's nuclear installations," sources told Hersh."

yes, the fact that this operation has been planned for quite some time has already been mentioned in one of the threads on here. Of course, it was promptly ignored and buried.

If true it says a lot about what both israel and its allies are willing to do to get their way.. it also suggests something about their motives.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#4New Post! Aug 14, 2006 @ 20:09:09
@cmplord Said
I hate the fact that we support israel...Jews rule the world and its a f***ing shame....when will we learn

Excuse me? Well, if my family rules any of the world, I want my part of it! The Hebrew religon is being very stupid at this point in time, especially in the middle east, but the "Jews" do not rule the world! The majority of the world's money is tied up in Christian/Catholic affiliations, and although, I would say that "Jews" control much of the entertainment world (they did create the bible, true or not true, it was a good story, "Jews" have a nack to be creative), no one group of people rule the world. Wait, I lied, poloticians rule the world (oh, and most of them are not Jews eigther!). Stop being so blanket about things and think about what you say.

Oh, and if it'll make you feel better, I could say "a*****es rule stupidity, and it's a f***ing shame".... look, you rule something!
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#5New Post! Aug 14, 2006 @ 20:10:18
Oh, and I hate the fact that we get involved where we don't need to be in the first place, this is one of those situations, but really, what you said was uncalled for!
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 14, 2006 @ 20:11:54
@cmplord Said
I hate the fact that we support israel...Jews rule the world and its a f***ing shame....when will we learn
excuse me mister, you are only allowed to say that whilst drunk and being arrested by a police officer

But i don't see why this surprises anyone, hezbollah have been labelled a terrorist organization for some time now and the Yanks have made no secret of the fact that they wanted to bring them down, of course they are going to co-ordinate with the Israeli government to remove this terrorist threat, no that doesn't mean i condone the actions.
chantwotw On May 05, 2007

, Antarctica
#7New Post! Aug 15, 2006 @ 01:14:12
I Hated that war from the beginning, A Nation pounding and pounding another country, without mercy, Always had a good reason to attack to throw bombs in a neighborhood, that is suppose SUPPOSE to be Ezbollah stronghold. I know that it is not over, but i am very happy that the cease firer, hold's on for now. I dont like any war, but what Israel did to Lebanon, i did'nt like it, did'nt like it at all. C.

And oh if USA helped them shame on them, and Our govern'ment here in Canada, S. Harper I voted for him, i like this govn't in general, but he backed up Isreal 100% even after learning that they killed Canadians Citizens. C.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs