Relationships

Ah, the bloody "friend zone"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jul 12, 2012 @ 18:04:17
Once again reading random articles, I fell upon one regarding men and the dreadful "friend zone." The author told a story of when he was in his 20s and he used to meet amazing women and threw them in the friend zone. They were all amazing, but during his search for the perfect mate, they weren't good enough. This happened until he seen a woman who he saw as the one he was looking for. When he was nervous, he wasn't his usual self and was very nervous when speaking to her. (Sounds like Dave when he is asking for weed. ) He then hung out with her. Time went by and they hung out a few times. He never made a move and a month later he saw her with another guy. She said to him 'I wonder what happened to us.' He stayed quiet because he knew why. He was the reason that she put him in the friend zone. After this funny, but interesting story, he advised the male readers to not treat a girl like a friend if he doesn't want to be in the friend zone. Take risks, show her she's dealing with a man, kiss her if you want to or at least reach for it, don't be afraid to make a move, etc.

It makes sense. The advice and kind of the story. I still feel like that isn't enough however. Besides all of this. Tell me if there were a moment where you were put into the "friend zone."
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#2New Post! Jul 12, 2012 @ 18:13:53
@Cpat92 Said

Tell me if there were a moment where you were put into the "friend zone."

I think I live there. Dating is awkward to me so what tends to happen is that I end up in some awkward friend-zone-but-close-and-touchy-feely relationship where the net awkwardness is greater than the net awkwardness had I just been in an official relationship with her. Then I hate myself and want to get out of it but it's impossible to do it without hurting their feelings.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Jul 12, 2012 @ 18:16:11
@galasTAray Said

I think I live there. Dating is awkward to me so what tends to happen is that I end up in some awkward friend-zone-but-close-and-touchy-feely relationship where the net awkwardness is greater than the net awkwardness had I just been in an official relationship with her. Then I hate myself and want to get out of it but it's impossible to do it without hurting their feelings.

I was on a date, but she said it wasn't a date. Things got awkward and drama started. It took a month of issues to pass before she decides to put me in the friend zone. It got awkward for me because she had many moments where she was flirty and touchy with me and led me on, but she "never noticed" she was.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#4New Post! Jul 12, 2012 @ 20:56:16
@Cpat92 Said

I was on a date, but she said it wasn't a date. Things got awkward and drama started. It took a month of issues to pass before she decides to put me in the friend zone. It got awkward for me because she had many moments where she was flirty and touchy with me and led me on, but she "never noticed" she was.

you should have grabbed her a** and see if she slapped you. If slap, you friend, no slap? You man, you take woman, make baby!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 12, 2012 @ 21:29:57
The whole friend zone thing seems a bit silly to me. So what if some girls prefer to be friends with guys? It is possible to not want a sexual relationship. A lot of the time I think people just misunderstand signs of friendliness with that of flirting.

I treat my male friends the same way I'd treat my female friends as I've mostly had male friends since I was little- 'girlfriends' are still a recent thing.
Although one of my male friends gets it now, when we first met there were a couple of misunderstandings when he thought something else was afoot, when in reality that's just me being comfortable and trusting him as a friend. If you're not used to being friends with the opposite gender then at first it can be a bit confusing.

I'm more interested in friendship than anything else these days anyway. They're more beneficial in the long term.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 12, 2012 @ 21:42:15
@Cpat92 Said

Once again reading random articles, I fell upon one regarding men and the dreadful "friend zone." The author told a story of when he was in his 20s and he used to meet amazing women and threw them in the friend zone. They were all amazing, but during his search for the perfect mate, they weren't good enough. This happened until he seen a woman who he saw as the one he was looking for. When he was nervous, he wasn't his usual self and was very nervous when speaking to her. (Sounds like Dave when he is asking for weed. ) He then hung out with her. Time went by and they hung out a few times. He never made a move and a month later he saw her with another guy. She said to him 'I wonder what happened to us.' He stayed quiet because he knew why. He was the reason that she put him in the friend zone. After this funny, but interesting story, he advised the male readers to not treat a girl like a friend if he doesn't want to be in the friend zone. Take risks, show her she's dealing with a man, kiss her if you want to or at least reach for it, don't be afraid to make a move, etc.

It makes sense. The advice and kind of the story. I still feel like that isn't enough however. Besides all of this. Tell me if there were a moment where you were put into the "friend zone."

Moving too slow, creating rapport but no sexual attraction. LJBF stuff that.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Jul 13, 2012 @ 13:24:12
@townie_guy Said

Moving too slow, creating rapport but no sexual attraction. LJBF stuff that.

The LJBF move is critical and must be dodged at all costs.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jul 13, 2012 @ 16:06:31
@Cpat92 Said

The LJBF move is critical and must be dodged at all costs.

Sport on. I used to always be in the friend zone a lot, It sucked.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9New Post! Jul 13, 2012 @ 16:30:21
@townie_guy Said

Sport on. I used to always be in the friend zone a lot, It sucked.

It does suck. I feel like I'm slacking in a way because I think my best friend is moving on. It's been a month since she broke up with her boyfriend.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs