Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#241New Post! Dec 26, 2013 @ 23:26:52
@someone_else_again Said

Remember when I said that the sentence that starts with "I believe" is nothing more than an interjection into another groups set of beliefs? Let me re-write that for you so as not to trip you up.

Some believe that those who in a relationship with Jesus go straight to Heaven. However, those who die outside of a relationship with Jesus do not go straight to Hell, they go to Purgatory until the day of Judgment.

What I believe is that those in a relationship with Jesus go straight to Heaven when they die. I do not know what happens to others. I do not believe that those not in a relationship with the entity that I know as Jesus go straight to Hell...or necessarily to Purgatory. I don't have a solid belief in that regard.

You said: "I do not believe just because one believes in jesus they will automatically go to heaven." I do not believe so either. Belief in Jesus doesn't mean anything positive at all.

I do not believe that jesus is the only get out of jail free card player that you seem to believe. Does that make sense to you?
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#242New Post! Dec 26, 2013 @ 23:29:34
@shinobinoz Said

I do not believe that jesus is the only get out of jail free card player that you seem to believe. Does that make sense to you?

Of course it makes sense. I don't think you're correct in understanding what I believe but that's okay.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#243New Post! Dec 26, 2013 @ 23:41:52
@someone_else_again Said

Of course it makes sense. I don't think you're correct in understanding what I believe but that's okay.

Would Hitler of all people- go to heaven simply because he came to know jesus right as he pulled the trigger of that gun or swallowed cyanide?
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#244New Post! Dec 27, 2013 @ 17:39:52
@shinobinoz Said

Would Hitler of all people- go to heaven simply because he came to know jesus right as he pulled the trigger of that gun or swallowed cyanide?

I believe that depends on the condition of his heart. If one truly "came to know" Jesus, I believe he would be reformed. This does not mean he will not have to answer for his actions.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#245New Post! Dec 27, 2013 @ 17:43:45
@someone_else_again Said

I believe that depends on the condition of his heart. If one truly "came to know" Jesus, I believe he would be reformed. This does not mean he will not have to answer for his actions.

Thus you do believe in the get out of jail card free card.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#246New Post! Dec 27, 2013 @ 18:39:58
@shinobinoz Said

Thus you do believe in the get out of jail card free card.

1) I did not say that I didn't. You said:

@shinobinoz Said

To which I replied, yes that makes sense. Then I said you didn't understand what I was saying. Do you see the emphasis on the only part?

2) I believe there are "degrees" of "Heaven." I don't believe that Heaven is like some huge pasture where everything is the same. I believe there are people who will "get in to Heaven" by the skin of their teeth - like your theoretical Hitler.

Heaven, as I understand it, is being in the presence of God. Those with a "greater reward" get a closer seat. I could be wrong. I'm not too concerned with it because, in case you hadn't noticed, I don't go around cramming my beliefs into other people's heads. I tell them what I believe. That's it. You don't have to like it, you don't have to accept it.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#247New Post! Dec 27, 2013 @ 18:44:20
@someone_else_again Said
I actually believe I gained some insight from GreatestIAm when he pointed out that Jesus made it possible. Like...you couldn't get into the building that you work in if the security guard didn't unlock the door but that security guard doesn't stand there and unlock the door for each individual...he just unlocks it.

Christ says:

I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#248New Post! Dec 27, 2013 @ 18:46:57
@GreenAppleKing Said

Christ says:

I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved

Congratulations.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#249New Post! Dec 27, 2013 @ 18:59:06
@someone_else_again Said

Congratulations.

And yet you'll follow the lead of the one who says Jesus made salvation possible?
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#250New Post! Dec 27, 2013 @ 19:11:35
@GreenAppleKing Said

And yet you'll follow the lead of the one who says Jesus made salvation possible?

Exactly who said that?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs