Go to Jail make bail

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#1New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 12:38:37
It just amazes me how someone can do some of the most hedious things and only spend a few hours in jail before they are allowed to make bail. I know I know in this country you're innocent until proven guilty and you get a bond on the presumption of your innocence. Still at times it makes no sense to me . People can beat the snot out of someone and destroy their property and they are out of jail within hours and our until they go to court which in some cases can be a very long time if the court systems are clogged up.

I know there will be some arguments against my statements here but I know how I feel and why I feel this way. I deal with domestic violence issues on a daily basis with the shelters and it just gets me everytime how they are put back out on the street before they've even had time to get over whatever pissed them off so much in the first place. This happened to my best friend a few years ago . Her ex beat her up and he made bond within 12 hours and she was dead in less than 24. I'm just really upset this morning .
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#2New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 12:39:28
No arguments from me...
TropicalMango77 On September 04, 2009

miami, Florida
#3New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 12:41:50
Why are you upset wildchild?
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#4New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 12:43:16
Yes,and it shows,but I do agree with you.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 12:46:23
Or you can kill someone on the motorway while you're texting on your mobile phone, spend 16 days of a 12 week sentence (yes that's for killing someone) in prison and get released. Only if you're a Lord of the realm though, not a commoner.

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5896803.ece
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:06:06
Jail sentences are just a guidline that each judge has to follow when sentencing someone for a crime.
The reason for this is that no two crimes are the same.
Every case is unique and the reasons/background/provacation etc are never the same.
News/newspapers only ever print half the story.
For these reasons 2 people could commit the same crime but get different sentences.
Without knowing the full details of each individual case how can we know what a sentence should be for that particular crime?
Some very placid, easy going people are charged with things that may be completly out of character for them, who know,s the extent they may have been provoked?
Perv Magnet

#7New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:08:54
@sarky Said

Jail sentences are just a guidline that each judge has to follow when sentencing someone for a crime.
The reason for this is that no two crimes are the same.
Every case is unique and the reasons/background/provacation etc are never the same.
News/newspapers only ever print half the story.
For these reasons 2 people could commit the same crime but get different sentences.
Without knowing the full details of each individual case how can we know what a sentence should be for that particular crime?
Some very placid, easy going people are charged with thins that may be completly out of character for them, who know,s the extent they may have been provoked?

My whole family is in law enforcement and I know the rules and laws . I understand your point but this has nothing to do with a sentence this is the initial time someone is held after an arrest for a violent act. In my opinion a few hours is not enough.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:13:18
@WildChild Said

My whole family is in law enforcement and I know the rules and laws . I understand your point but this has nothing to do with a sentence this is the initial time someone is held after an arrest for a violent act. In my opinion a few hours is not enough.

I agree. A cool down period of 2-3 days should be mandatory I think for violent offenses or at least domestic abuse.
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:14:37
well before release there are usually conditions which must be abided by, unless there was no charges.
People shouldnt be in jail until found guilty unless they were a serious danger to the public.
For one there just wouldnt be enough prison space!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#10New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:15:50
@sarky Said

well before release there are usually conditions which must be abided by, unless there was no charges.
People shouldnt be in jail until found guilty unless they were a serious danger to the public.

Logically I agree, emotionally I don't, but I guess logic and laws win. But it's too bad something can't be done more to protect people of violent crime.
Perv Magnet

#11New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:17:30
@sarky Said

I can understand your points . I just see this crap every freaking day as I am a domestic violence advocate and I'm telling you they make bond to quick in some cases. My brother happens to be the sheriff here and I have a pretty good understanding on how it works at least here where I live anyway. The case I'm speaking of , bond was made to quickly.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#12New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:18:45
@sarky Said

Just because there are conditions doesn't mean they obey them
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:28:15
@Wingsy Said

Just because there are conditions doesn't mean they obey them
Over here if they dont obey them, they will be arrested or you can take out an injunction against them.
They will also face further charges which most dont want.
What i dont agree with are men who are really pushed to the limit especially when blackmail over seeing the kids are involved.
Women can be pretty vicious too!
There are two sides to every story, and majority dont just flip for absolutely no reason.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#14New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:33:23
@sarky Said

Over here if they dont obey them, they will be arrested or you can take out an injunction against them.
They will also face further charges which most dont want.
What i dont agree with are men who are really pushed to the limit especially when blackmail over seeing the kids are involved.
Women can be pretty vicious too!
There are two sides to every story, and majority dont just flip for absolutely no reason.

They arrest them again here. I'm just saying that they don't always follow the restrictions that are placed upon them, then you have to be able to PROVE that they didn't follow them before the police can do anything.
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#15New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 13:42:49
@WildChild Said

It just amazes me how someone can do some of the most hedious things and only spend a few hours in jail before they are allowed to make bail. I know I know in this country you're innocent until proven guilty and you get a bond on the presumption of your innocence. Still at times it makes no sense to me . People can beat the snot out of someone and destroy their property and they are out of jail within hours and our until they go to court which in some cases can be a very long time if the court systems are clogged up.

I know there will be some arguments against my statements here but I know how I feel and why I feel this way. I deal with domestic violence issues on a daily basis with the shelters and it just gets me everytime how they are put back out on the street before they've even had time to get over whatever pissed them off so much in the first place. This happened to my best friend a few years ago . Her ex beat her up and he made bond within 12 hours and she was dead in less than 24. I'm just really upset this morning .

It might be because there is nowhere to keep everone that is arrested until a trial date is set? How many arrests are made in any given area {you say your family is in law enforcement et al so you might have an idea of the sort of figures} and the transport of them all to a secure detention facility. This even in a small city like Glasgow UK is a massive undertaking and expense.

It does also transgress on the fundamental aspect of justice that you have aluded to: in that we are all indeed innocent until proven guilty.

I wonder though if the bail conditions apply to those that are caught in the act of violent crime and those that are merely accused and arrested on alleged crimes?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs