Investing

Third Tesla Model S catches fire after crash

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jihadista On July 04, 2014

Deleted

Orange,
#1New Post! Nov 08, 2013 @ 00:53:44
Tesla's stock has fallen about 7 percent Thursday. The company also recently reported disappointing third quarter financial results.

All three fires involved some sort of accident. None of the fires occurred in undamaged vehicles,

In the first U.S. incident, the car's battery was punctured by a piece of metal lying on the road. The fire did not enter the passenger compartment which is protected by internal firewalls, according to Tesla.

There are currently 19,000 Model S cars in use globally, according to Tesla.

According to data from the National Fire Protection Association, each year there are about 6,000 passenger vehicle fires resulting from crashes.

WMUR9
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Nov 11, 2013 @ 15:20:49
I still don't get why we are bothering with Electric battery cars.

I think the time, money and effort spend on Hydrogen fuel cells is the solution??
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Nov 11, 2013 @ 15:27:56
@markfox01 Said

I think the time, money and effort spend on Hydrogen fuel cells is the solution??

Because people think that electric battery cars are good for the environment.

Deleted

Orange,
#4New Post! Nov 11, 2013 @ 15:39:06
@markfox01 Said

There is no way to know which technology will work the best. In the 1890's battery powered electric cars may have been more common. I read somewhere that the first American President to ride in a car rode in an electric car.

Along about that time, there was a famous race between an internal combustion engine car and an electric car. It's not so famous now, but according to my great grandmother it was famous when she was my age. The electric car suffered a short and did not finish the race.

Well, a car propelled by a hydrogen fuel cell would be an electric car. The big problem with fuel cells is the weight of the fuel tank. Fuel cells work well as backup power sources like for police stations or hozpitals, but maybe the fuel tanks are too heavy for cars.

If you can build a proper fuel tank for hydrogen, the world might switch to hydrogen. Hydrogen could maybe be distributed in fossil fuel distribution systems.
innit!

#5New Post! Nov 11, 2013 @ 15:42:10
@chaski Said

Because people think that electric battery cars are good for the environment.

Very true.. its really interesting the science behined that, some say if we all had electric cars the CO2 would drop - some say it won't... but on a similar note - I can't remember who said it on the TV the other day, but if we all had one, and the government build nuclear power stations - we'd need to worry about Tax and cost of power.. as it will drive up energy bill, because governments will get the tax that is missing from somewhere else..

Which is they built Fuel cells - they can tax hydrogen plants!
innit!

#6New Post! Nov 11, 2013 @ 16:03:56
@Jihadista Said

There is no way to know which technology will work the best. In the 1890's battery powered electric cars may have been more common. I read somewhere that the first American President to ride in a car rode in an electric car.

Along about that time, there was a famous race between an internal combustion engine car and an electric car. It's not so famous now, but according to my great grandmother it was famous when she was my age. The electric car suffered a short and did not finish the race.

Well, a car propelled by a hydrogen fuel cell would be an electric car. The big problem with fuel cells is the weight of the fuel tank. Fuel cells work well as backup power sources like for police stations or hozpitals, but maybe the fuel tanks are too heavy for cars.

If you can build a proper fuel tank for hydrogen, the world might switch to hydrogen. Hydrogen could maybe be distributed in fossil fuel distribution systems.

The "Electric" part isn't the problem.. its the power supply I find the problem - charging a battery for 8 hours just for 100miles is not really a great option for modern transport. Thats what I have an issue with to be honest.

The thing is, the money poured into making batteries better, is the problem IMO - your right making a Hydrogen cells better - will be the key to the whole world changing. But is that really happening? Why doesn't tesla focus on that instead of trying to make fast electric cars?

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Deleted

Orange,
#7New Post! Nov 11, 2013 @ 16:20:27
@markfox01 Said

The "Electric" part isn't the problem.. its the power supply I find the problem - charging a battery for 8 hours just for 100miles is not really a great option for modern transport. Thats what I have an issue with to be honest.

The thing is, the money poured into making batteries better, is the problem IMO - your right making a Hydrogen cells better - will be the key to the whole world changing. But is that really happening? Why doesn't tesla focus on that instead of trying to make fast electric cars?

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Around here electric or hybrid cars are more common, mostly Toyotas. I think an electric car would be a good second car for going to work or shopping around town. Lots of places have parking places with charge boxes. I have never seen anyone actually changing an electric car on one of the charge boxes.

Another problem, I have no idea how big it is, batteries are not pollution free. They would need some kind of waste disposal. Battery factories will very likely have pollution problems, which will catch the ire of our tree hugging friends.
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#8New Post! Feb 06, 2018 @ 16:16:48
I usually don't bump old threads, but seeing how the predictions are incredible wrong here, I have to point some things out.

My neighbors van just caught fire yesterday, while it was parked and not even running. It's an internal combustion engine, just like most the cars out on the road today.

Also, Tesla's stock price has doubled since this post, and is increasing almost every day.

newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#9New Post! Feb 06, 2018 @ 16:18:43
sorry, accidentally uploaded wrong size.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#10New Post! Feb 06, 2018 @ 17:43:22
One less on the road!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs