Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#46New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 00:21:14
@Natulcien Said

What makes a healthy relationship, and how easy is it for the relationship to go bad?

Respect is key to a healthy relationship. They go bad pretty quickly when the respect is lost.

@Natulcien Said
What makes a good friend to you guys?

A good friend is someone that will help you dispose of the body and provide you with an alibi should the need arise.

Also, someone you can talk about serious things with, as well as talk absolute crap.

@Natulcien Said
Have any experiences with adultery or marriage? What's acceptable and unacceptable flirting? Dating behaviors?

Adultery, kind of. I cheated on a girlfriend once. I also had a married woman flirt quite blatantly with me in my younger days, when we worked out together in the same gym. Her husband was looking for me to beat the living s***e out of me. He decided not to when he saw that I was twice his size though

Unacceptable flirting: if it is my girlfriend flirting, any flirting is unacceptable. If it is me flirting, it's all good. If it's a girl flirting with me, it's all good, unless my girlfriend happens to be there at the time, in which case it is unacceptable.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#47New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 00:24:30
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Respect is key to a healthy relationship. They go bad pretty quickly when the respect is lost.

A good friend is someone that will help you dispose of the body and provide you with an alibi should the need arise.

Also, someone you can talk about serious things with, as well as talk absolute crap.

Adultery, kind of. I cheated on a girlfriend once. I also had a married woman flirt quite blatantly with me in my younger days, when we worked out together in the same gym. Her husband was looking for me to beat the living s***e out of me. He decided not to when he saw that I was twice his size though

Unacceptable flirting: if it is my girlfriend flirting, any flirting is unacceptable. If it is me flirting, it's all good. If it's a girl flirting with me, it's all good, unless my girlfriend happens to be there at the time, in which case it is unacceptable.

Geeze Bob. You started out so well and then turned into a caveman.

This is good though: Also, someone you can talk about serious things with, as well as talk absolute crap.

townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 15:47:35
I guess it depends what you class as flirting as well. I have female friends if I'm seeing a girl and she gets jealous because I'm chatting to other girls even though there is nothing going on then she needs to get her insecurities worked out.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#49New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 18:09:54
Friendships are good when they are non-violent. Everything is fine until someone gets b**** smacked! Just thought I would add that.
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#50New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 18:18:29
Honesty and communication are key to making a relationship work. Conversely deceit and lack of communication will be detrimental. Flirting is not an issue to me. But then I'm not of a jealous nature and am polyamorous.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#51New Post! Jul 09, 2012 @ 16:47:11
The adult married women currently creaming over "Magic Mike" "50 Shades of Grey" and "Twilight" are the ones that never flirt or talk to the opposite sex.

If 50 Shades of Grey can cause a baby boom, you know there is something very wrong with those people's sex lives. Flirting helps self esteem, keeps you from getting bored with the same routine every day, and stimulates your sex drive. Flirting has no intention behind it, so as long as you keep it that way there is nothing wrong with it.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#52New Post! Jul 09, 2012 @ 16:55:09
@magically_delicious Said

The adult married women currently creaming over "Magic Mike" "50 Shades of Grey" and "Twilight" are the ones that never flirt or talk to the opposite sex.

If 50 Shades of Grey can cause a baby boom, you know there is something very wrong with those people's sex lives. Flirting helps self esteem, keeps you from getting bored with the same routine every day, and stimulates your sex drive. Flirting has no intention behind it, so as long as you keep it that way there is nothing wrong with it.

Well, this is an interesting way to look at it, Magically!

, California
#53New Post! Jul 09, 2012 @ 17:44:40
@BozieFozie Said

Well, this is an interesting way to look at it, Magically!

Well the only way to avoid ever getting hit on by the opposite sex is to never go anywhere without your partner and shelter yourself from situations where it could happen.

I refuse to not go out with my single girlfriends on a Saturday, or go to the river with my friends, or go to the beach, or bar, or restaurant just because my husband doesn't want to go. He almost never wants to go out, so I'm going to go anyway. That doesn't seem to bother anyone except my married girlfriends trying to look down at me from outside of my relationship, lol.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#54New Post! Jul 09, 2012 @ 17:54:46
@magically_delicious Said

Well the only way to avoid ever getting hit on by the opposite sex is to never go anywhere without your partner and shelter yourself from situations where it could happen.

I reckon some people actually live like that. it isnt the flirting or being hit on that is wrong, its what you do afterwards. If you say no thanks, spoken for, then no harm done. But if you go back ad get laid then its you who is at fault not the person flirting.

, California
#55New Post! Jul 09, 2012 @ 18:18:48
@townie_guy Said

I reckon some people actually live like that. it isnt the flirting or being hit on that is wrong, its what you do afterwards. If you say no thanks, spoken for, then no harm done. But if you go back ad get laid then its you who is at fault not the person flirting.

Most of my religious friends won't go anywhere without their partner, and they are the ones most desperate to go out and the most lonely. I feel pretty bad for them to be honest, I can go out and have a great time, then go home to my husband. They can't go to the movies without their motives being questioned.

By definition, flirting does not result in getting laid. It is an activity where you show superficial interest in someone else. If you have sex with someone you were flirting with, then you were making or acting on sexual advances.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#56New Post! Jul 09, 2012 @ 19:27:24
I almost forgot about this thread.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs