Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Jul 01, 2012 @ 08:05:00
Why are these warnings necessary?

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Deut 12:32 See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

There are many such warnings in the OT. What is the purpose? The implication is that it's possible to add or take away from the Bible, from what we assume is God's protected word. If not, why are they there? If it isn't protected, then how many times in 3000 years has it been altered? Was it wrong before, or did the alterations make it wrong. Was it ever right to begin with?

If God exists, there can only be one word of God, described never more profoundly than here:

“It is only in the CREATION (Nature) that all our ideas and conceptions of a Word of God can unite. The Creation speaketh an universal language.... It is an ever-existing original, which every man can read. It cannot be forged; it cannot be counterfeited; it cannot be lost; it cannot be altered; it cannot be suppressed. It does not depend upon the will of man whether it shall be published or not; it publishes itself from one end of the earth to the other. It preaches to all nations and to all worlds; and this Word of God reveals to man all that is necessary for man to know of God.”
—Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jul 01, 2012 @ 08:18:22
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Deut 12:32 See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

There are many such warnings in the OT. What is the purpose? The implication is that it's possible to add or take away from the Bible, from what we assume is God's protected word. If not, why are they there? If it isn't protected, then how many times in 3000 years has it been altered? Was it wrong before, or did the alterations make it wrong. Was it ever right to begin with?

If God exists, there can only be one word of God, described never more profoundly than here:

“It is only in the CREATION (Nature) that all our ideas and conceptions of a Word of God can unite. The Creation speaketh an universal language.... It is an ever-existing original, which every man can read. It cannot be forged; it cannot be counterfeited; it cannot be lost; it cannot be altered; it cannot be suppressed. It does not depend upon the will of man whether it shall be published or not; it publishes itself from one end of the earth to the other. It preaches to all nations and to all worlds; and this Word of God reveals to man all that is necessary for man to know of God.”

To paraphrase: "Nature demonstrates itself self better than any religious text can."

But there are things out there with fangs, claws, stingers and venom sacks all eating each other, man.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#3New Post! Jul 01, 2012 @ 08:57:25
@Electric_Banana Said

To paraphrase: "Nature demonstrates itself self better than any religious text can."

But there are things out there with fangs, claws, stingers and venom sacks all eating each other, man.

Tell me, Electric Banana, or is that out of the range of objective Consciousness? does the word of God not teach about, ha, ha, Chemistry, meaning the denial of permanence for anything in the World.

That is true, I think, even if the terms about things are there and then for everybody to note in substantial permanent Being.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Jul 01, 2012 @ 14:01:09
@Electric_Banana Said

Accurate enough, but doesn't go far enough as the quote necessarily does.

Quote:

Yeah, but none of them calling it the Word of God.

@Reviso Said

Tell me, Electric Banana, or is that out of the range of objective Consciousness? does the word of God not teach about, ha, ha, Chemistry, meaning the denial of permanence for anything in the World.

That is true, I think, even if the terms about things are there and then for everybody to note in substantial permanent Being.

Do you know anybody who can proof your posts?

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Jul 01, 2012 @ 14:19:11
@Reviso Said

Chemistry - Teaching 'Entropy': "Everything falls apart! It's scientific!" ~Talking Heads

So you're suggesting a 'God', if such exists, would also break down and fall apart, with time, as well?

"That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die."
~Abdul Alhazred

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jul 01, 2012 @ 14:23:54
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Do you know anybody who can proof your posts?

Either he's very good at intentionally jumbling profound statements with over-articulated synonyms or this is what a Russian philosopher sounds like through Google Translate.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#7New Post! Jul 01, 2012 @ 14:35:50
@ThePainefulTruth Said

precisely a point I have made time and again when arguing with Christians. They say they don't believe that the Bible has been altered in one argument, because the Bible is God's protected word. What is says is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, handed down precisely as God had intended, and there have been no influences by mere mortal men in there.

Then in another argument they talk of people twisting the Bible and trying to add to it and so on and so forth. They argue that this is warned against in the Bible and those who do it beware. Well which is it? Is it possible or is it not? What of the Bible being cannonized? Was that man's attempt to control society, or God protecting his word for additions that weren't meant to be in there in the first place? It is one of those things that people explain away to themselves because they don't want to see the contradiction there.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs