The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

In 1937 the U.S. passed the marijuana tax stamp act ...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Thekatzmoue On April 27, 2012

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Jan 20, 2012 @ 05:17:49
This is a tax stamp that must be purchased to do any kind of business involving the cultivation, transportation, growing, smoking or any other activity associated with said plant.
This was certainly done in good faith because at the time this drug was considered to make people become raging killers and lunatics capable of any number of unspeakable crimes. Since then as research into such things this drug has proven to be a peaceful drug and pretty much innocuous as such things go... certainly -not- the monster it was made out to be.
Times have changed. Isn't it time for the laws about marijuana to reflect the realities?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Jan 20, 2012 @ 05:44:36
@Thekatzmoue Said

This is a tax stamp that must be purchased to do any kind of business involving the cultivation, transportation, growing, smoking or any other activity associated with said plant.
This was certainly done in good faith because at the time this drug was considered to make people become raging killers and lunatics capable of any number of unspeakable crimes. Since then as research into such things this drug has proven to be a peaceful drug and pretty much innocuous as such things go... certainly -not- the monster it was made out to be.
Times have changed. Isn't it time for the laws about marijuana to reflect the realities?

Yeah, it's just well down on the list of priorities.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#3New Post! Jan 20, 2012 @ 07:07:53
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Jan 20, 2012 @ 07:12:44
And my mom only warned me about strangers offering me candy!!!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Jan 20, 2012 @ 07:19:40
@cammie Said

Now I know where all that 'info' my dad and other adults would tell us kids ( stoners) about that devil weed . some adult was going on and on about the dangers and evils of weed and all it was capable of making the user do .
There would be times I was so stoned that just making it to the kitchen to find some munchies was iffy i would think about all that crap they were always saying , start giggling and forget all about munchies for 5 or 6 minutes at a time .

There was a time that I considered 'magic brownies' to be mankind's greatest invention .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs