The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Jokes & Humor

It's tax time in the states-a few quotes

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 09:47:41
Through the rantings of a cranky man, who has seen me get the taxes ready in time, for more years than I can remember, I finished. The nagging starts about two weeks before he has to go get them done. I ignore because I have them ready, state the fact and get ignored. Once again, I'm relaxing when the rant starts. "You know I go with the taxes tomorrow!!!!" Stating for the hundredth time, I hand him the folder, and say, "Done". He didn't say a word. Hence, some quotes about taxes. I hate April 15th and this year we're getting skinned.

1. The only difference between a taxman and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.

-- Mark Twain

2. The most important ways in which I think the Internet will affect the big issue is that it will make it more difficult for government to collect taxes.

-- Milton Friedman

3. Worried about an IRS audit? Avoid what's called a red flag. That's something the IRS always looks for. For example, say you have some money left in your bank account after paying taxes. That's a red flag.

-- Jay Leno

4. It's income tax time again, Americans: time to gather up those receipts, get out those tax forms, sharpen up that pencil, and stab yourself in the aorta.

-- Dave Barry

5. There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

6. I am proud to be paying taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half of the money.

-- Arthur Godfrey

7. Unquestionably, there is progress. The average American now pays out twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.

-- H. L. Mencken

8. [On completing tax returns].This is too difficult for a mathematician. It takes a philosopher

-- Albert Einstein

9. The point to remember is that what the government gives it must first take away.

-- John S. Coleman

10. Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today.

-- Herman Wouk

11. America is a land of taxation that was founded to avoid taxation.

-- Dr. Laurence J. Peter

12. Congress can raise taxes because it can persuade a sizable fraction of the populace that somebody else will pay.

-- Milton Friedman

13. The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries any reward.

-- John Maynard Keynes

14. There is no such thing as a good tax.

-- Winston Churchill

15. The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.

-- Will Rogers

16. When there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.

-- Plato

17. The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.

-- Albert Einstein

18. To force a man to pay for the violation of his own liberty is indeed an addition of insult to injury.

-- Benjamin Tucker

19. The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets.

-- Will Rogers

20. The taxpayer: that's someone who works for the federal government, but doesn't have to take a civil service examination.

-- Ronald Reagan
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs