AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 22:38:21
49% !

And 30% get more back than they paid in via the Earned Income Tax Credit--a bulls*** euphemism for welfare if there ever was one.

Income tax liability for 2009

PDF Link to letter from the Joint Committee on Taxes to the Congress about half way down.

"Joint Committee", that means both houses, and that means in today's Congress, both parties.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 22:50:36
what is "the Earned Income Tax Credit"?
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#3New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 22:51:33
@ThePainefulTruth Said

49% !

And 30% get more back than they paid in via the Earned Income Tax Credit--a bulls*** euphemism for welfare if there ever was one.

PDF Link to letter from the Joint Committee on Taxes to the Congress about half way down.

"Joint Committee", that means both houses, and that means in today's Congress, both parties.

Hating on grandma and grandpa?
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#4New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 23:01:55
@ThePainefulTruth Said

49% !

I would rather you had asked about "How many are on "entitlement" programs and live on our taxes?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 23:03:29
@ThePainefulTruth Said

49% !

49% -- That's a percentage, but not the answer to "How many Americans pay income tax?"

I actually was trying to figure that out a few days ago, and discovered that our elevated and -- thanks to Obama! -- now tricked out Census Bureau does not deal in 'actual numbers' but all the figures that they publish lately are called 'estimates'. Thus, even after the bout of stimulus hiring, to fulfill the new duties and contend with the new reporting requirements when conducting a census, none of the work performed has done anything to increase the accuracy of the count, nor has it enabled anyone to say, with certainty, just how many people are in the United States, or, for that matter, just how many of those people are American, or how many of those Americans pay income tax... They've got data, posted and downloadable, on their web-site, but what I saw was always labeled "estimate", as in 2009CensusEstimate. I think that you could estimate the number of Americans by subtracting from the TotalPopulationEstimate the number listed in the column of InternationalMigrationsEstimate, but I can't be sure, because it's a spreadsheet of data, no formulas...

It is still too early to obtain complete data for 2010, but it is still just an estimate.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#6New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 23:44:07
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

49% -- That's a percentage, but not the answer to "How many Americans pay income tax?"

I actually was trying to figure that out a few days ago, and discovered that our elevated and -- thanks to Obama! -- now tricked out Census Bureau does not deal in 'actual numbers' but all the figures that they publish lately are called 'estimates'. Thus, even after the bout of stimulus hiring, to fulfill the new duties and contend with the new reporting requirements when conducting a census, none of the work performed has done anything to increase the accuracy of the count, nor has it enabled anyone to say, with certainty, just how many people are in the United States, or, for that matter, just how many of those people are American, or how many of those Americans pay income tax... They've got data, posted and downloadable, on their web-site, but what I saw was always labeled "estimate", as in 2009CensusEstimate. I think that you could estimate the number of Americans by subtracting from the TotalPopulationEstimate the number listed in the column of InternationalMigrationsEstimate, but I can't be sure, because it's a spreadsheet of data, no formulas...

It is still too early to obtain complete data for 2010, but it is still just an estimate.

Hasn't the census bureau always dealt with 'estimates' when talking of potential (aka future) economic indicators, whether they be layoffs, hiring, or population?
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#7New Post! Jul 19, 2011 @ 23:48:26
@nooneinparticular Said

Hasn't the census bureau always dealt with 'estimates' when talking of potential (aka future) economic indicators, whether they be layoffs, hiring, or population?

Of course they have, but now that Obama is in office, it's his fault.
Part-time Nidologist

#8New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 00:20:11
@boxerdc Said

You are always looking at things through one of your glass eyes....

The census bureau has been publishing their data as 'estimates' for quite some time, but with the new Administration, and the new forms and the acquisition of computers, and hiring of thousands of census-takers for 2010, I expected to see a real 'return on investment.' Instead, we are informed that the compilation of 2010 data has not yet been completed, and.... it is still (going to be) just an estimate. We could have had that without the investment!

Deleted

#9New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 00:40:32
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

The census bureau has been publishing their data as 'estimates' for quite some time, but with the new Administration, and the new forms and the acquisition of computers, and hiring of thousands of census-takers for 2010, I expected to see a real 'return on investment.' Instead, we are informed that the compilation of 2010 data has not yet been completed, and.... it is still (going to be) just an estimate. We could have had that without the investment!

So, you're saying that the Census Bureau didn't have computers, forms and census takers before 2008?

Cause the people I know who work there have been using computers for the last 20 years, there have always been forms, and we're required by the constitution to hire census takers..

Perhaps you need to borrow one of my glass eyes?
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#10New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 00:48:31
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Are you suggesting that we don't need to hire census takers in order to conduct the census? Do you think there are full time workers they keep on the payroll even when we aren't conducting the once a decade census?
Part-time Nidologist

#11New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 00:50:57
@drman321 Said

Are you suggesting that we don't need to hire census takers in order to conduct the census? Do you think there are full time workers they keep on the payroll even when we aren't conducting the once a decade census?

The short answer: no.

Now, have yourself a wonderful time, trying to figure out what that means!

Deleted

#12New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 00:53:24
@drman321 Said

A little more help for him, since he obviously doesn't understand how this works.

United States Census
Part-time Nidologist

#13New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 00:59:33
@boxerdc Said

So, you're saying that the Census Bureau didn't have computers, forms and census takers before 2008?

Cause the people I know who work there have been using computers for the last 20 years, there have always been forms, and we're required by the constitution to hire census takers..

Perhaps you need to borrow one of my glass eyes?

I didn't say that. Do you have a video that you can post, to contradict what I did say?

My own brother was working for the Census Bureau last year. Every census-taker was presented with a new laptop (to use during their data-gathering), and underwent weeks of training while drawing a paycheck.... The forms, last year were 'simplified' in the eyes of some. Others will say that the questions asked were such that it read like an appeal to illegals: let us count you, too, so that the process of redistricting can be manipulated.... The bottom line being that for all the upgrading, they were no more efficient than what went before them....
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#14New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 05:59:01
@Willi Said

what is "the Earned Income Tax Credit"?

A IRS program where, in this case, 30% of the people get back more than they paid in when they file. Like I said, it's nothing but welfare.

@drman321 Said

Hating on grandma and grandpa?

That's all you got? And I thought they'd called in the first string. BTW, I am a grandpa

@WASH Said

I would rather you had asked about "How many are on "entitlement" programs and live on our taxes?

Somehow, recently, entitlements has become a catch-all phrase for money paid by the government. SSN, Medicare and retirement are called "entitlements" even though they are paid to those who contributed to them or earned them all their working lives. Welfare, food stamps, etc. etc. etc. are also called "entitlements". Pretty easy to figure out what's going on, more PC bulls***.

@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Well, it actually refers to the percentage of households which pay income tax or have a "positive income tax liability".

@boxerdc Said

Once again, when all else fails, deflect and divert. You worried about your 6 figure income after 2012? You gotta do better than that, although I'll admit they don't give you a damn thing to work with. But that's OK, they'll be loosing their umbilical cord too.
Edited: July 20, 2011 @ 06:02
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#15New Post! Jul 20, 2011 @ 08:01:16
All for government programs to help people out in times of need - but the sad thing is for many it becomes a way of life.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs