HIV should never have been.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#286New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 23:56:17
@someone_else Said

If it's the letter you posted here, then I read it. I saw that you posted many ways that it could be transmitted and your suggestion that people have mandatory screening.

We've all suggested ways of preventing transmission, none of which involve tattoos, yet you keep coming back to this idea even though it is not a viable option. I cannot comprehend why you're not getting that.*

*If I had a nickel for every time I've typed that sentence.... [smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i40.tinypic.com/fazj2d.jpg">

I must have overlooked those prevemtive measures even though I have read those which followed my firas entry.. Could you refresh my memory? If you do I promise not to post here again.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#287New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 00:59:35
@WASH Said

I must have overlooked those prevemtive measures even though I have read those which followed my firas entry.. Could you refresh my memory? If you do I promise not to post here again.

Ready for this?

Boxer was first:
@boxerdc Said

Wear a condom.
Don't share needles.

I figured this out 30 years ago. Neither one is difficult.

Here is where I first posted in this thread. I guess it was a different thread where we mentioned all of those preventative measures before, but there's a link to it in this post. So if you go to that thread, you'll see a lot more.

@someone_else Said

I'm getting the weirdest feeling of deja vu. Have we (TFS) had this conversation before? And was it about this? I mean...it was almost exactly "EVERYBODY SHOULD BE TESTED FOR _________ AND THE CARRIERS SHOULD BE ID'D!!!"

Wish I could remember what it was. I'm 99% certain it was Wash's idea too...

Yep...here it is. https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/US-May-Renege-On-AIDS-Assistance-Committment-to-Third-World/405929

But don't worry, they were posted here too.

By me,

@someone_else Said

How hard is it to be that careful of your bodily fluid contact? Use condoms, don't touch other people's blood, don't share needles. Get yourself tested, insist that any partner get tested before you get into a serious relationship (unprotected sex). It's really not that difficult.

by Plebian_Angel,

@plebian_angel Said

Agreed. How hard is it to NOT sleep with someone until testing is done and use condoms for that six month mark. I think it can take up to six months to test positive? Use super safe sex until well in the relationship.
Having voluntary unsafe sex is up to the individual, but stupid if you have it IMO. It is well known how HIV can spread.

and twice more by Boxer.

@boxerdc Said

Using condoms and not sharing needles is really all it takes. So, why all this fuss about a virus that is not easy to transmit, and is easy to avoid, if you don't have a bias about the "type" of people who you believe get it?

@boxerdc Said

It's pretty easy to avoid sharing needles, and it's also pretty easy to put on a condom. Pregnant women are routinely tested for HIV and encouraged not to breastfeed..

So.. your CONTACT fears are really unwarranted.

Open your eyes or hire a seeing eye person to read for you.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#288New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 12:24:40
@someone_else Said

Ready for this?

Boxer was first:

Here is where I first posted in this thread. I guess it was a different thread where we mentioned all of those preventative measures before, but there's a link to it in this post. So if you go to that thread, you'll see a lot more.

But don't worry, they were posted here too.

By me,

by Plebian_Angel,

and twice more by Boxer.

Open your eyes or hire a seeing eye person to read for you.

Now he's just going to wait six months, and start another thread.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#289New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 12:28:20
@boxerdc Said

Or bump this one again...

EDIT:

Nevermind. I get what you're saying.
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#290New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 21:55:25
@boxerdc Said

I spent over 40 years solving problems. Stating what HAD to be done so as not to have those problems again. Just remember that prevention is NOT a voluntary option. It MUST be applied to each individual, No exceptions. Tgat is all!
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#291New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 22:31:45
@WASH Said

I spent over 40 years solving problems. Stating what HAD to be done so as not to have those problems again. Just remember that prevention is NOT a voluntary option. It MUST be applied to each individual, No exceptions. Tgat is all!

I can point out problems which keep popping up with you. spelling.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#292New Post! Dec 08, 2011 @ 03:34:48
@WASH Said

You have not solved a problem.. You've decided upon a "solution" that will not solve anything, and despite literally dozens of people here telling you exactly why your "solution" won't work, you keep pushing it.

That's not a sign of a problem solver.. that's a sign of an atrophied mind.
mandapanda8715 On June 14, 2015

Centralia, Illinois
#293New Post! Jun 14, 2015 @ 10:25:50
I agree. I had a sister that was HIV positive. They said "We can give you medication and nothing else." Well, if it is that bad then you should have started doing something BEFORE this point in time. Someone gets Ebola or the bird flu and everyone wants to stay inside, lock their doors, wear masks, wash their hands and all because the CDC or Department of Public Health told them to while they rush to find a cure. But, somebody is HIV positive and they say "Here's some meds. Sorry. That's all we can do." and other people treat them the same way as if they have a highly contagious disease, but finding a cure is on the back burner (it seems).
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#294New Post! Jun 14, 2015 @ 16:49:43
[cynical]
If they cure it, they will run out of customers for their treatment.
If patients die too quickly (Ebola), they will run out of customers for their treatment.
[/cynical]
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs