The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Entertainment

Deadliest Catch: Why Do I Love That Show?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jacobs On January 31, 2011

Banned

knoxville, Iowa
#1New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 17:17:23
Any other "Deadliest Catch" fans here on TFS?

I cannot figure out why I love that show.

I used to know all the captains, all the families, all the deck-hands, all the politics, all the boats -- and I'm sure I will again, when it kicks into gear again this season.

I can't figure out why I love it. Is it because out of all the "reality" TV shows -- these guys do not have time to play roles? They are just doing their thing, and they have no time to worry about the camera?

Is it because it gives me a glimpse into the life of true, hard-working men, which I have always respected?

I don't get it. My life is so far from that reality -- I'm a freaking 54-year old woman, with no connection to the sea (I love the desert, for crying out loud) -- so what is it about that show -- that I cannot forget, or stop watching?
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 19:20:12
My mom is in love with it as well, and I like to watch it every now and then.

I don't know what makes it so interesting. I guess it's the subject matter itself- as you pointed out, unlike most "reality" shows, this is the real deal, and it's not over boyfriend/girlfriend drama or people making fools of themselves. It's about guys who work their asses off to make a living, sacrificing time with their families to make the money to support them.

Not to mention, the crews and captains are some pretty cool guys And the narration by Mike Rowe is awesome. I love how there are some episodes where all the captains sit down to talk with him.
galina On December 02, 2010

Banned

Gold coast, Australia
#3New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 10:19:18
I have watched only some of the episodes of deadliest catch tv-show.This show is amazing but i have missed some of the episodes of it.Now i am planning to watch those episodes in spare time.The story of this tv-show is so different from the other shows.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs