Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#47New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 18:30:05
@chisa96 Said

Oh, I figured they were from the same source. And for the sake of the silly, happy girly magazine, it doesn't have to include anything else, but people need to still consider the source and be realistic when considering what the statistic means.

And once you're in the dress and walking the aisle, yeah I'd sure hope that you were optimistic about the relationship. But you shouldn't read this magazine and think that your first teenage relationships are meant to last. It's not pessimism; it's realism; the two are not the same, and cannot be combined. More often than not teenage relationships are about exploration into what it takes to build a solid relationship, not a lifelong commitment. They are about practice and experience, and a lot of that experience comes from what you learn by watching what makes them end. More often that not teenage relationships are a chance to grow and get our first taste of love, nothing more.

And please don't take this personally. I know nothing about you and eric but names. I'm talking about the statement in itself.

I understand what you're saying, and don't think for a minute I'm naive and under the impression that Eric and I will be together foreverz and everz and have 10 kids and a white-picket-fence kind of life. That being said, I'm not expecting us to break up either. It's because I love him and live in the now. I know we have a shot, you know? And that's what matters to me.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#48New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 18:33:24
@Kristy69 Said

I understand what you're saying, and don't think for a minute I'm naive and under the impression that Eric and I will be together foreverz and everz and have 10 kids and a white-picket-fence kind of life. That being said, I'm not expecting us to break up either. It's because I love him and live in the now. I know we have a shot, you know? And that's what matters to me.

I know, chica. The idle fantasies are fun. I'm just really understimulated right now. I want something to read, and to think about, and to form an argument for/against. I'm coming up short on anything of substance though.

(And I did just say not to make it personal. I was commenting on a statistic.)
Bloomsy On November 11, 2012

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#49New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 18:34:43
@Kristy69 Said

Well, he is a doctor. So yeah, I assume he knows a bit about human behavior and psychiatry.

Not as much as they like to think imo.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#50New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 18:37:05
@chisa96 Said

I know, chica. The idle fantasies are fun. I'm just really understimulated right now. I want something to read, and to think about, and to form an argument for/against. I'm coming up short on anything of substance though.

It was just an article I found that I took interest in. I'm too overstimulated, actually lol.

And maybe I am too optimistic (I try to think of myself as a realist, though), but I'm happy now and that's what counts, IMO.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#51New Post! Oct 25, 2011 @ 16:50:17
@treebee Said

Both mine were delivered by women. One was a Doctor the other a midwife. We have a male midwife and the women say he is brilliant.

I had a male midwife, he was brilliant!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs