The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

Can God single out one person for a laugh?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#16New Post! Sep 28, 2010 @ 15:44:37
@MartynPalmer Said

I get the feeling you are religous, or a total pessimist.

I am actually an optimistic atheist, but thanks for playing the "let's randomly accuse people we don't know anything about of being things they probably aren't" game. Unfortunately, you lose this round. Better luck next time!

@MartynPalmer Said
I feel mortal life is what you make it, and the harsh reality of the world (I beleive a Godless world) is that some people die of horrible desieases and some die before they get a chance to live, worse some are forced to live with a crippling dissablity.

So you need to be thankfull for what you DO have and instead of relying on a possible God make your own life, don't risk living in the shadow of a idol that may not exist, as then when you die, and there's nothing, who will remember your name, and for what?

All of that is well and good. That's what you believe. Fine. Enjoy it. But the OP is asking a question in a clearly religious context, and she clearly does not share your beliefs. In other words, all this is useless, self-serving drivel. Your personal [anti-]religious beliefs, which are in conflict with the OP's, are irrelevant. Starting a thread in a religion forum asking a specific religious question in the context of a certain religion is not an invitation for everyone to start accusing each other of believing various things and then expounding on your own beliefs and telling everyone else they should agree with you.
MartynPalmer On April 04, 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Sep 28, 2010 @ 15:47:41
Im saying instead of whining at God, do the right thing, chin up, stay strong and lead your own life.

This world is harsh, get used to it.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#18New Post! Sep 28, 2010 @ 16:15:10
@MartynPalmer Said

Im saying instead of whining at God, do the right thing, chin up, stay strong and lead your own life.

This world is harsh, get used to it.

You're basically telling her to drop her entire religious beliefs system and adopt your own.

Your post is not appropriate in this thread.
MartynPalmer On April 04, 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Sep 28, 2010 @ 16:17:07
Yeah I aim saying that, the OP asking is God would ultimatly single out 1 person for 'a laugh' shows doubt in God anyway
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Sep 28, 2010 @ 20:01:27
@jonnythan Said

You're basically telling her to drop her entire religious beliefs system and adopt your own.

Your post is not appropriate in this thread.

It's not. I don't believe in religion but I won't stand for bullying people one way or the other. That's exactly why I hate organised religion.

@MartynPalmer Said

Yeah I aim saying that, the OP asking is God would ultimatly single out 1 person for 'a laugh' shows doubt in God anyway

I'm an atheist agnostic anyway. I was just curious about what people thought.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs