Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 02:09:53
Found this interesting.
https://one-simple-idea.com/PressingProblems.htm
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#2New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 02:33:12
I took a look at the link. I'll agree that it is definitely an interesting compilation of ideas. There were just so many topics covered so briefly that finding a starting point for discussion is difficult.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 02:34:54
@fractal7221 Said

I took a look at the link. I'll agree that it is definitely an interesting compilation of ideas. There were just so many topics covered so briefly that finding a starting point for discussion is difficult.

Your choice I guess! Or not!
catiebuggg On April 13, 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
#4New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 02:42:13
I've said it before..

Democracy always ends up failing. Once the government starts having too much control on certain aspects of life, it goes down hill. Once we start depending on the government as a way of life, downhill it goes.

They control our car industry (firing the CEO of GMC)
They just passed a bill stating that the government can deny you a loan even if the bank says yes (they put this bill into action saying 'lets just see how things work)
They also working on controlling the oil industry.

They are sticking their noses in the 3 largest industries in the country.

Also think about ALL the millions of people on welfare. The government is paying for food, housing, and Medicaid. I;m not saying the government should let everyone starve or live on the streets or not be medically treated. But people take advantage. People spit out babies like it's nothing and quit their jobs all the idea of "Hey, the government will support me". It may be years from now, but it'll crash. It's inevitable with the way things are going. The more that you depend on the government the more they control you.
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#5New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 03:07:41
I suppose I'll start with the taxation portion of the article. The important piece they are missing when it comes to the fair tax is the prebate. Everyone automatically receives a check. Typically the amount is calculated as an amount equal to the tax rate times the poverty level income.

The poverty level as of 2009 was $10,830. A typical rte used for the fate tax is 28%. That means everyone would receive a check for about $3000. If you spend every cent of your $10,830 pay, the $3000 from the government would offset all that you pay in tax. As you pay increasing, the prebate would offset a smaller and smaller amount of tax that a person pays.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 03:23:07
@catiebuggg Said

I've said it before..

Democracy always ends up failing. Once the government starts having too much control on certain aspects of life, it goes down hill. Once we start depending on the government as a way of life, downhill it goes.

They control our car industry (firing the CEO of GMC)
They just passed a bill stating that the government can deny you a loan even if the bank says yes (they put this bill into action saying 'lets just see how things work)
They also working on controlling the oil industry.

They are sticking their noses in the 3 largest industries in the country.

Also think about ALL the millions of people on welfare. The government is paying for food, housing, and Medicaid. I;m not saying the government should let everyone starve or live on the streets or not be medically treated. But people take advantage. People spit out babies like it's nothing and quit their jobs all the idea of "Hey, the government will support me". It may be years from now, but it'll crash. It's inevitable with the way things are going. The more that you depend on the government the more they control you.

Why the distortion of truth?
The government is NOT taking over the control of industry.
The bailouts were voluntary and government oversite required becuase they accepted tax payer money.

Can you mislead a little less and help americans lower the rhetoric a tad?

Atlanta, Georgia
#7New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 03:24:37
@shinobinoz Said

Why the distortion of truth?
The government is NOT taking over the control of industry.
The bailouts were voluntary and government oversite required becuase they accepted tax payer money.

Can you mislead a little less and help americans lower the rhetoric a tad?

Never said total control... I said they're sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong..
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 03:26:48
@catiebuggg Said

Never said total control... I said they're sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong..

I never said total control either. And as they are using tax payer money- they best well be sticking their noses in.

Atlanta, Georgia
#9New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 03:30:48
@shinobinoz Said

I never said total control either. And as they are using tax payer money- they best well be sticking their noses in.

Not to the extent they are. And if they're going to stick their noses in on those things (because they're using tax payer money) why aren't they sticking their noses in on the education system? Or the welfare system? Or HUD? That's all tax payer money as well. And all of those systems are f***ed or corupted. Choose your pleasure.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 03:34:11
@catiebuggg Said

Not to the extent they are. And if they're going to stick their noses in on those things (because they're using tax payer money) why aren't they sticking their noses in on the education system? Or the welfare system? Or HUD? That's all tax payer money as well. And all of those systems are f***ed or corupted. Choose your pleasure.

The extent? The companies ran themselves into the ground- they needed help. They did not have to take it you know.

The government is involved with those listed. What's not screwed up right now anywho?

Atlanta, Georgia
#11New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 03:40:30
@shinobinoz Said

The extent? The companies ran themselves into the ground- they needed help. They did not have to take it you know.

The government is involved with those listed. What's not screwed up right now anywho?

The point in what I'm trying to say is, when we depend on the government for bailouts, for welfare to LIVE basically. Then democracy seizes to exist. I get what your saying, they needed the bailouts and such. But in my personal opinion, that's when the government starts earning it's control. Just like if you had to move back in with your parents. Now you have a curfew again, now you can't drink and party. The more we NEED the governments support, the more they can deny us of the freedoms we enjoy. I'm not saying they have control over those industries yet. I'm not saying they're taking away anything yet. I'm not even saying they're going to. I'm just saying, that's how it all gets started.

Of course they get to stick their noses in since they used to tax payer money. Just like if you couldn't pay your car note and had to loan the money off your parents. They now have the right to stick their noses in your financials. It only makes sense. But what happens when you don't make 3 or 4 payments, and now your rents past due and you're having to ask mommy and daddy to put food your fridge, and eventually they get tired of paying their mortgage your rent and 3 car notes instead of 2, so they stop. Now you need a place to stay so you go live home with them. The more you depend on someone, the less freedom you have. Common sense. In this case, democracy fails.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Jul 29, 2010 @ 03:37:12
@catiebuggg Said

The point in what I'm trying to say is, when we depend on the government for bailouts, for welfare to LIVE basically. Then democracy seizes to exist. I get what your saying, they needed the bailouts and such. But in my personal opinion, that's when the government starts earning it's control. Just like if you had to move back in with your parents. Now you have a curfew again, now you can't drink and party. The more we NEED the governments support, the more they can deny us of the freedoms we enjoy. I'm not saying they have control over those industries yet. I'm not saying they're taking away anything yet. I'm not even saying they're going to. I'm just saying, that's how it all gets started.

Of course they get to stick their noses in since they used to tax payer money. Just like if you couldn't pay your car note and had to loan the money off your parents. They now have the right to stick their noses in your financials. It only makes sense. But what happens when you don't make 3 or 4 payments, and now your rents past due and you're having to ask mommy and daddy to put food your fridge, and eventually they get tired of paying their mortgage your rent and 3 car notes instead of 2, so they stop. Now you need a place to stay so you go live home with them. The more you depend on someone, the less freedom you have. Common sense. In this case, democracy fails.

Your premise is only valid if the kid moving back in (or the company accepting taxpayer monies) decide to STAY (or not pay back the loan).

As it is- the government is not planning on controlling those companies. Their oversite (excepting "common sense" reforms) ends with repayment, much like the parents oversite ends when the kid moves back out.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#13New Post! Jul 29, 2010 @ 07:47:31
They talk about the inflation graphs like they're bad. In fact, they show the great success of central banking. A small degree of inflation (2-3%) is desired. Deflation is bad.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs