AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#31New Post! Mar 17, 2010 @ 14:00:38
@iwannano Said

To me it's neglect if a dog owner doesn't do all they can to protect there pet. Have you ever seen a poor ole dog that has been snake bit? It is almost always in the face and their face swells up to three times it normal size and they slowly suffocate and poisoning is always a painful experience ,so what you have is an animal that you love slowly suffocating while it's in so much pain it's miserable but don't have the air to even cry out in it's pain. And all that suffering could be avoided with 5 minutes or less in a pen with a non lethal bull snake.

I don't disagree with you iwannano, but there is another way. I saw it on The Dog Whisperer. You put the snake in a cage that it can't escape from and let the curious dog poke his nose at the cage. The snake will still strike at the cage and scare the dog. Just repeat until he's not curious anymore.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#32New Post! Mar 17, 2010 @ 14:45:45
@someone_else Said

I don't disagree with you iwannano, but there is another way. I saw it on The Dog Whisperer. You put the snake in a cage that it can't escape from and let the curious dog poke his nose at the cage. The snake will still strike at the cage and scare the dog. Just repeat until he's not curious anymore.

I am going to google that and read on it.
I gotta tell you that it doesn't seem like a very good way to teach a pup that snakes are not to be messed with. The pup learns that he can mess with the snake till he gets bored and the snake can't hurt him. That ain't the way it works if that pup comes up on a rattler that isn't in a cage and there isn't anything between those fangs and that pup , the pup will be in a world of hurt quick.
A bull snake strikes just like a rattler but because it doesn't have the fangs and poison it hits harder . And can make a noise the sounds like the warning a rattler gives. So the pup learns the noise and that pain ( in the form of a bruise) comes from messing with snakes. And if left alone the snake will leave.
but I ain't never heard about that Dog Whisperer deal and am going to learn about it. Thanks for the info.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#33New Post! Mar 17, 2010 @ 15:20:01
@iwannano Said

I am going to google that and read on it.
I gotta tell you that it doesn't seem like a very good way to teach a pup that snakes are not to be messed with. The pup learns that he can mess with the snake till he gets bored and the snake can't hurt him. That ain't the way it works if that pup comes up on a rattler that isn't in a cage and there isn't anything between those fangs and that pup , the pup will be in a world of hurt quick.
A bull snake strikes just like a rattler but because it doesn't have the fangs and poison it hits harder . And can make a noise the sounds like the warning a rattler gives. So the pup learns the noise and that pain ( in the form of a bruise) comes from messing with snakes. And if left alone the snake will leave.
but I ain't never heard about that Dog Whisperer deal and am going to learn about it. Thanks for the info.

NP. I don't fully remember the episode but he demo'd it and then when he walked the dog near the cage, the dog just flat didn't want anything to do with it.
Florida0829 On March 27, 2012

Banned

Lakeland,
#34New Post! Mar 17, 2010 @ 21:39:19
iwannano

I'd Hunt with you any day...

You know more about country life and the woods than most on here

Do not worry about what they say.....

They Only saw something on the TV......

THESE.. are the people..we have to always go Rescue in the woods.

Sadly been there done that....Sometimes the outcome is not good...

But Sometimes f*** with Mother Nature, when You don't know her, and ..................
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#35New Post! Mar 17, 2010 @ 21:48:42
@Florida0829 Said

iwannano

I'd Hunt with you any day...

You know more about country life and the woods than most on here

Do not worry about what they say.....

They Only saw something on the TV......

THESE.. are the people..we have to always go Rescue in the woods.

Sadly been there done that....Sometimes the outcome is not good...

But Sometimes f*** with Mother Nature, when You don't know her, and ..................

Thank you.
Sure I could get you to house out here in the sticks and mother nature not scary at all if she's treated with some common sense and a bit of respect. it's them cities that scare hell out of me. I'm dumber then dirt trying to get around in one them places.
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#36New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 05:09:54
Nice chart, it seems pretty accurate. I've always wondered how dog years were calculated. In that case my little pom-pom is 54 years old in human years!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs