existence

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
aqualord88 On July 15, 2011

, Pennsylvania
#16New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 06:20:25
@Erimitus Said

Yes. In fact, blue only exists in your mind.

well the only reason i can picture blue in my mind, is because i have seen the physical blue somewhere....
Someone whom is blind, would they be able to conjure in there mind different colors and odd things that do not exist to the seeing, and would these exist?

btw: the definition of exist is to be in existence, and the definition of existence is to exist....
so thats kind of paradoxical...

Also, since nothing can be really proven to exist, would that make everything, impossible?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#17New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 06:39:52
E: ...blue only exists in your mind.

Aqua: ?the only reason I can picture blue in my mind, is because I have seen the physical blue somewhere....

E: Electromagnetic waves of energy of a certain frequency stimulate receptors in our eyes. These receptors convert the waves (wavicales if you like photos) ?convert the waves into electrochemical pulses that are interpreted by our brains as light. Light exists only in the mind. The light that was reflected off of the object that we see as blue is a specific frequency. There is no blue independent of our perception; there are only waves.

Aqua: Someone whom is blind, would they be able to conjure in there mind different colors and odd things that do not exist to the seeing, and would these exist?

E: no

Aqua: btw: the definition of exist is to be in existence, and the definition of existence is to exist....
so that?s kind of paradoxical...

E: Yes, a dizzying tautological circuitry.

Aqua: Also, since nothing can be really proven to exist, would that make everything, impossible?

E: If we define existence as that which can be proved; then yes, no things are possible. If we set up parameters for the proof of existence; then we can accept some things as existent. As pointed out earlier, it is best to accept as existent that which the society we live in accepts as existent. And what society says does not exist should be accepted as non-existent. (Or you will be medicated until you pretend to accept the shadows on the wall as reality)
KillER_ On June 16, 2015
?estoy muerto?

Padetteville, Kingman Reef
#18New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 06:42:43
its when something, um... exists.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#19New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 06:44:45
@KillER_ Said

its when something, um... exists.

Yes
aqualord88 On July 15, 2011

, Pennsylvania
#20New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 06:55:51
@Erimitus Said

E: ...blue only exists in your mind.

Aqua: ?the only reason I can picture blue in my mind, is because I have seen the physical blue somewhere....

E: Electromagnetic waves of energy of a certain frequency stimulate receptors in our eyes. These receptors convert the waves (wavicales if you like photos) ?convert the waves into electrochemical pulses that are interpreted by our brains as light. Light exists only in the mind. The light that was reflected off of the object that we see as blue is a specific frequency. There is no blue independent of our perception; there are only waves.

Aqua: Someone whom is blind, would they be able to conjure in there mind different colors and odd things that do not exist to the seeing, and would these exist?

E: no

Aqua: btw: the definition of exist is to be in existence, and the definition of existence is to exist....
so that?s kind of paradoxical...

E: Yes, a dizzying tautological circuitry.

Aqua: Also, since nothing can be really proven to exist, would that make everything, impossible?

E: If we define existence as that which can be proved; then yes, no things are possible. If we set up parameters for the proof of existence; then we can accept some things as existent. As pointed out earlier, it is best to accept as existent that which the society we live in accepts as existent. And what society says does not exist should be accepted as non-existent. (Or you will be medicated until you pretend to accept the shadows on the wall as reality)

Thanks for your well thought through answers.
And i usually associate things that can be proven, with existence, thinking outside of this makes me feel paranoid, and claustrophobic, its a realm in which our minds have difficulty comprehending. We are creatures shaped by nature, and we think in natural terms because of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs