Politics

Obama Effigy Hanged

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:59:55
Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it anywhere.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/04/barack-obama-effigy-hanged-georgia?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The US secret service is investigating an apparent effigy of Barack Obama hung from a storefront in Georgia. Local television news showed what appeared to be a black doll at the end of a noose on the main road in Plains, home of Jimmy Carter, the former Democratic president, Georgia governor and Nobel peace prize winner.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:01:16
Sounds like a good old-fashioned lynching!

Christ.
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#3New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:01:47
some people need to chill the hell out
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#4New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:05:31
Its georgia... visit there. You will understand why stupid s*** happens there. And once you leave... and more stupid s*** happens. You will look back at your time wasted in that state and say to yoursef.... "yep, thats georgia".
booneylust On September 30, 2012

Suffolk, Virginia
#5New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:51:05
One more reason why I'm glad Obama is president. I never knew whites in general were so racist until Obama got elected. Some of you, undoubtedly will take my comment the wrong way. The Obama election has really pulled back the cover on the racism still rampant in modern America. I believe we are a step closer to winning the war on racism with the Obama election. Its ridiculous to me that blacks were considered inferior by whites so long just because of skin color. I'm very confident we are nearing an era where racism will no longer be center stage with other world agendas.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:53:26
@booneylust Said

One more reason why I'm glad Obama is president. I never knew whites in general were so racist until Obama got elected. Some of you, undoubtedly will take my comment the wrong way. The Obama election has really pulled back the cover on the racism still rampant in modern America. I believe we are a step closer to winning the war on racism with the Obama election. Its ridiculous to me that blacks were considered inferior by whites so long just because of skin color. I'm very confident we are nearing an era where racism will no longer be center stage with other world agendas.

I agree with you. And I'm white.
DeepRed On March 07, 2010
Tripologist

Deleted

Michael Winner's basement, Uni
#7New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:53:42
Bloody hell, why get so worked up about politics
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#8New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:56:01
@booneylust Said

nononnonono you are mixed up.. racism isn't rampant in modern America, just georgia in this story.

Racism is alive and well in most of the world in general, not just america. Race(skin color really, because we are all the same race) is just one methoud ignorant people use to seperate themselfs from who they feel are below them.

Dr Sues hit the nail right on the head with his story about the "Star bellied Sneeches". People will always use difference as a grading methoud, skin color or not.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#9New Post! Jan 06, 2010 @ 00:14:43
@doubtingthomas Said

Its georgia... visit there. You will understand why stupid s*** happens there. And once you leave... and more stupid s*** happens. You will look back at your time wasted in that state and say to yoursef.... "yep, thats georgia".

Now you know I got nothing but love for you my friend.....but I have to tell you....my mom was white, born and raised in Georgia, moved to Chicago, met, fell in love and married my dad....who was black.....so Not everybody from there is like that! But I kinda agree!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! Jan 06, 2010 @ 00:16:17
@booneylust Said

I'am with you....I'am so glad he's president.......i'am still smiling from 11/04/08 !!!!
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 06, 2010 @ 00:18:14
What I find a tad hypocrytical is if this had happened in a foreign country the same people who did this would probably be outraged.

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Jan 06, 2010 @ 00:28:31
@SparklyKatie Said

What I find a tad hypocrytical is if this had happened in a foreign country the same people who did this would probably be outraged.

Good point!!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 06, 2010 @ 00:40:17
@SparklyKatie Said

Yeah, I remember when an Efegy of Bush was hanged in Iraq, the outrage was palpable.
honkeylust2 On December 30, 2011

#14New Post! Jan 07, 2010 @ 18:34:50
his being elected showed his color, for the most part, wasn't an issue.
with some states/people it is.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs