The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Obama Effigy hanged at school - all 74 teachers fired!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:28:22
Wow I thought this was interesting. While I do agree that an investigation and action should have been taken. Firing all 74 teachers, 19 administrators and the principle seems kinda excessive.

The school is failing and it feels more like that this protest was used as a scapegoat to fire everyone and start fresh where as before the school wouldn't have just cause.

Thoughts?

https://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/obama-effigy-hung-at-failing-ri-high-school-where-all-teachers-have-been-fired/19405716?icid=main|main|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fobama-effigy-hung-at-failing-ri-high-school-where-all-teachers-have-been-fired%2F19405716
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:29:41
Your post implies that they are firing the teachers and staff as a result of the effigy.

That is not correct. The layoffs were announced previously, and the Obama effigy was hung in protest of the upcoming firings.
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#3New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:32:25
I think you read the article wrong, they were firing the staff before they hung a effigy. The effigy was to protest said sackings.
I think it is wrong to burn, attack or what ever a effigy, its just for people to stupid or afraid to actually voice their feelings
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#4New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:32:34
I abhor collective punishments! But sometimes if all were involved all should be punished!
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#5New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:32:53
@jonnythan Said

Your post implies that they are firing the teachers and staff as a result of the effigy.

That is not correct. The layoffs were announced previously, and the Obama effigy was hung in protest of the upcoming firings.

Oh..well that kinda changes things. Sorry just skimmed the article quick.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#6New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:44:42
I hate 99% of teachers so good on them.
marshallc On September 12, 2014

Crawley, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 21:05:31
Relating to the article though - how terrible is it that only 7% of pupils can attain a basic maths pass?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 04:12:38
@marshallc Said

Relating to the article though - how terrible is it that only 7% of pupils can attain a basic maths pass?

Horrible that is. What would make a great study is to find out the reasons and assign them to the responsible parties. I cannot fathom that this could possibly only the fault of teachers. Parents and kids must be blamed as well, and correct solutions sought.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013