AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#16New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:47:33
@crazychica Said

That sucks. I don't have time for my leg to be sore for that long! I'm way too busy. Like even tomorrow I have a trip to the fire place in Portlethen to observe a fire and then a three-hour refresher lab in the afternoon.

Crutches! That's the only thing that will keep the weight off the injured ankle and still let you get around somewhat!
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:50:19
@lilbear Said

Crutches! That's the only thing that will keep the weight off the injured ankle and still let you get around somewhat!

Exactly what my flatmate just said not to do. I was standing on one foot in her room and she said not to do that since favouring it will just weaken it. She's a nursing student
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 20:33:34
Ok now I can't take the ice pack off it without it going all sore and stiff, my chest hurts, I'm flushed and warm and pulling at my hair from pain and stress. Painkillers so not working and my mum suggested maybe some alternating hot and cold treatment. Once again not really working. It's just making me feel naseaous which I hate and the pain is bad when hot and soothed when cold but I can hardly keep the ice on it all the time. dunno:
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#19New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 20:55:54
Sometimes hairline fractures don't show up on xrays right away. You need another one. I cracked 5 ribs and they told me I was fine. It may have been minor and you pushed the issue.
Try a cold and hot compress behind your neck alternately. It's weird, but helps. Sometimes I grab a cold can of soda and put it behind my neck. Something to do with trigger points. Feel better.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 20:57:00
@ReAdsALoT Said

Sometimes hairline fractures don't show up on xrays right away. You need another one. I cracked 5 ribs and they told me I was fine. It may have been minor and you pushed the issue.
Try a cold and hot compress behind your neck alternately. It's weird, but helps. Sometimes I grab a cold can of soda and put it behind my neck. Something to do with trigger points. Feel better.

Thanks I was also thinking that maybe I just pushed it too far today. I took the bus and didn't walk any further than I absolutely had to but might still have been too much
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#21New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 22:12:57
@crazychica Said

Thanks. Going on the description I'd say this is maybe grade 2 but now it just seems to be getting worse. Apparently rice just isn't cutting it. I've had sprained ankles before but I don't remember them being like this.

That is EXACTLY what I said a year ago. Rather than derail your thread with my own ankle injury story, if you're interested, you can PM me. I hope it feels better.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 22:18:34
@Wingsy Said

That is EXACTLY what I said a year ago. Rather than derail your thread with my own ankle injury story, if you're interested, you can PM me. I hope it feels better.

Thanks Wingsy. Will do
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs