Rants & Raves

Debates

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bandylank On June 22, 2006

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 16:58:40
I cant stand it when people enter a debate and dont know what they are talking about but still try to argue their point anyway, even though they contradict themselves or back up their statements with web pages that were writen by people with the same veiws as them. What is wrong with providing evidence that states facts and does not make assumptions or give an interpritation of the facts that leans towards one way of thinking.
Secondly why is it that when some people have a debate they have to insist they are right and you are wrong just because you believe something different? When the debate is about speculative theories (creation/evoloution is a good example) then there is only assumptions to work with, all the facts can be interpreted in different ways, which means you cannot prove or disprove anyones theory only say why you believe yours and why not others.
Why is it that people have to get aggressive and upset because someone wont accept their version of events? Cant we all have our own oppinion?
randomhero On January 07, 2007

Im lost please take me home wi
#2New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:07:01
i agree people are to concerned about what others beleave in if people just let ever one be who they wanted and beleave what they wanted the world would be so much happier
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:14:37
Bandy...you make an excellent point. Some people unfortunately cannot admit when they are wrong...or they cannot accept another person's opinion as long as it differs from their own. The only thing we can really do is just know that they are not worth your headache. What is extremely annoying to me about these types of people is that they make you want to argue back. It is so hard to just ignore them, because they are so IGNORANT!! You know what I mean??

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:16:35
@kyahbean Said
Bandy...you make an excellent point. Some people unfortunately cannot admit when they are wrong...or they cannot accept another person's opinion as long as it differs from their own. The only thing we can really do is just know that they are not worth your headache. What is extremely annoying to me about these types of people is that they make you want to argue back. It is so hard to just ignore them, because they are so IGNORANT!! You know what I mean??

Yup, i'm soooooo guilty of arguing back
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:17:00
Theres knowing when just to get the hell out because the person is just winding you up, if you arent having a constructive or intelligent debate dont f***ing bother feeding them

#6New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:20:52
@treebee Said
Theres knowing when just to get the hell out because the person is just winding you up, if you arent having a constructive or intelligent debate dont f***ing bother feeding them

I totally agree! But sometimes it's easier said than done...
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:22:14
I find it very easy, i just visualise this person laughing and taking the piss out of me, its easy to dump a thread then

#8New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:24:48
Yeah...but I'm also talking about in real life...that's when it's really hard!

My old roommate used to debate EVERYthing. She even tried to convince me that taking Echinacea was bad for me. She was the kind of person you just wanted to prove wrong so bad, but she could never admit it. She would make s*** up to try to make her point. She was the worst.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 07, 2005 @ 17:36:18
@kyahbean Said
Yeah...but I'm also talking about in real life...that's when it's really hard!

My old roommate used to debate EVERYthing. She even tried to convince me that taking Echinacea was bad for me. She was the kind of person you just wanted to prove wrong so bad, but she could never admit it. She would make s*** up to try to make her point. She was the worst.

My flat mate now is like it, we came to blows on friday because he could not accept my opinion (and we were drunk).
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs