Religion & Philosophy

An accidental Racist.....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#1New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 05:08:09
It's not the colour {I'm british} of their skin..

.It's not the accentuation of their verbal english...

But Am I racist?...

If a young man talks to me in any of the patios of English/Scottish/Welsh or Irish why am I more likely to take him/her at face value....I.E if I was in England and a young man came up to me ....If I was in the City of Birmingham for example...why would I want the young man to talk to me in Birmingham accent...as opposed to a Jamaican..or African...or indeed American accent...???

..Why ..in short do I find myself resenting those of the Afro-Caribean heritage ?...when at the same time I find myself with a bloody nose on a public bus..."for jumping in an giveing "hauners"to a boy called Joshhua..as black as a man could proudly proclaim "Nergroid... and the the police and the "old wifies" will always say...well done....though no-one did anthing."do I want kudos for that Fu'384ing right I do...is there anything wrong with that..
...but the "protected" are excactly that...by the State.these days..That is not the element that I have a problem with...!!

..It is the "Racial Ingratitude"...all of those times/people that I have risked being stabbed for...In Public places...no less..are quite happy to have the likes of us....putting it against public opinion..only to find out that we were "part of the deal anyway"....

I want to know in what direction to I take my humanist bearings...because the next one I come across will have more to fear from me ...than any fully-paid up member of a select organisation that purvays a party towards violence....

HEY is it worth saying ...you..Black Person..or Brown Person...Or Yellow Person....The next time a White Person stands up for you against all those around...Stand Next to the White Person...and invite "all comers"....Because that's what we do ...and we would like to be appreciated..give out a wee bit of blood...that's what we do.....just for your language/skincolour/religiion et.al
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#2New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 05:20:40
Hmmmm, I'm just scratching my head here, trying to figure out what the main idea of your thread is? You don't like people who speak affectedly?

Deleted
Banned

#3New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 05:50:47
@DuLu Said

Hmmmm, I'm just scratching my head here, trying to figure out what the main idea of your thread is? You don't like people who speak affectedly?

Thanks for that...It made me re-evalute the OP ...but it still stands....I don't mind anyone in Britain,,,as long as they have an accent that is "somewhere British" ..
..I don't want to be like this....I just am...should I be sorry for that...or is there a foundation for Britain{regardless of your skin colour/creed/heritage...Or should I tell lies all the time rather than say that I would much rather be working alongside the Negro that speaks with a Scottish accent rather than the Negro that speaks with a Jamiacan accent try to evalute the life that they have {or trying to attain}...I don't want to be like this ...I just am....should I apologise...and who to ....for what..?
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#4New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 06:34:20
I don't mind how they speak, as long as they speak English, no, that isn't racism, I find it slightly annoying that people who come from abroad and want to live here, and don't make an effort to speak English

Deleted
Banned

#5New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 06:39:34
@sugarflyguy Said

I don't mind how they speak, as long as they speak English, no, that isn't racism, I find it slightly annoying that people who come from abroad and want to live here, and don't make an effort to speak English

If that make you a racist ...do you defend it ...or do you ......
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#6New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 06:46:01
@derekdg Said

If that make you a racist ...do you defend it ...or do you ......

I doubt it would, but we wouldn't call the French a racist country for even wanting tourists to speak French, not that I am expecting our tourists to likewise.....how do I know the difference between tourists and people who live here? Errrrr......the people who live here tend to dress up normally in everyday clothes, while the tourists stick out like a sore thumb

Deleted
Banned

#7New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 06:46:02
The nessecity to speak english ...before being granted citizenship to the country.... ...that's a whole different tin of beans altogether....perhaps my ...or indeed YOUR next thread ...C''Mon peeps stamp out PC in the TFS before we die on our knees here

Deleted
Banned

#8New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 07:07:07
@sugarflyguy Said

I doubt it would, but we wouldn't call the French a racist country for even wanting tourists to speak French, not that I am expecting our tourists to likewise.....how do I know the difference between tourists and people who live here? Errrrr......the people who live here tend to dress up normally in everyday clothes, while the tourists stick out like a sore thumb

Really ... The French are requireing "visitors" to their country to be fluent in the Mother Tongue ..did'n't know this..and you are right...the French after their "wee stint" in Vietnam and Korea{naturally overlooked by the likes of Hollywood} gave immediate "citeizenship"[spelt wrong} not only to the "chinky" wives of the combantants but also their entire families..And since you liks stats...70% of them now reside in the UK...it appears that the "instituitionalisd racism" {of the UK}is a lot easier to deal with ..."from their quarter" {Barbara Castle:MP circa 1991}..rather than the pretense of No Racism in Republican France....which those of non-European Caucasion origion in France had plenty to laugh about...except they were all seeking "Asylum" in Britain...by virtue of the fact that in "60s" France..."Satire" was a crime
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#9New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 07:15:16
@derekdg Said

Really ... The French are requireing "visitors" to their country to be fluent in the Mother Tongue ..did'n't know this..and you are right...the French after their "wee stint" in Vietnam and Korea{naturally overlooked by the likes of Hollywood} gave immediate "citeizenship"[spelt wrong} not only to the "chinky" wives of the combantants but also their entire families..And since you liks stats...70% of them now reside in the UK...it appears that the "instituitionalisd racism" {of the UK}is a lot easier to deal with ..."from their quarter" {Barbara Castle:MP circa 1991}..rather than the pretense of No Racism in Republican France....which those of non-European Caucasion origion in France had plenty to laugh about...except they were all seeking "Asylum" in Britain...by virtue of the fact that in "60s" France..."Satire" was a crime

I didn't say fluent French, but French to say the least, I don't think you would get arrested if you don't, but you will upset the locals if you see what I mean, I have been at the end of one of those moody French, because I didn't speak to the vendor in French Only to say Parlez vous Anglais? That kind of defused his temper

Btw, I think you need a spellchecker, not that I am saying it is wrong if you don't
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 07:19:19
i have a different take on this, i am against such large scale migration in britain, and can see the strains it is putting on public services, housing ect... is that too a racist attitude, i do not think so, i think its more racial realism.

i also will and have done in the past, gone to defend a victim of prejudice and racial abuse-there is no need for this behaviour in society, but can understand why the problems manifest in society.

Pc has done more to damage race relations in britain than anything else ever has.

Deleted
Banned

#11New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 07:50:28
@sugarflyguy Said

I didn't say fluent French, but French to say the least, I don't think you would get arrested if you don't, but you will upset the locals if you see what I mean, I have been at the end of one of those moody French, because I didn't speak to the vendor in French Only to say Parlez vous Anglais? That kind of defused his temper

Btw, I think you need a spellchecker, not that I am saying it is wrong if you don't

Since I am a great fan of Joy Division ...here's another wee fact for you ...More than 40% of the imcumbent pop of France STILL do NOT speak French...in fact the further North you go you will find "FLEMISH" which bears an uncanny resemblence to Scottish Gaellic {we still share more than 20% of our vocabulary...the Gaellic, that is}...and as soon as you hit the Brittanny region you will even find the "grandaddy" of the Bagpipes. Their lassies can twirl just as robustly as the ones across here...though strangely enough a lot of them are from the Negro persusion racially ...and are not welcome further south ..in the Med climates..a certain irony there methinks ...
...And doth the language fragment on the south bound plane...moreso ..to a painful degree to those that have ingration on their uppermost...for there you will find, hear and toil over the many dialects ..that make Louisiana and Mississippi seem like they belong to one and the same country...hope your still appreciating the irony here ..matey...and your right I do need a dictionally
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 08:02:57
It is good to be able to speak the local language, at least the basics. But with mass tourism bringing in foreign currency it is the host communities who make the effort to learn the tourist's language as their income and jobs depend on this. Many long term English migrants don't take much, if any, effort to learn the host communities language such as when retiring to Spain. That is because learning a new language is even more difficult when you are older not due to a racist attitude. Elderly migrants to the UK have a similar difficulty. So enclaves develop. This also happened after 1066 when French was the language of the ruling invaders. It happened in the 20th century in the occupied countries by Russia and Germany, with resulting long term resentments. Our language is part of how we see ourselves and identify 'our' group versus 'outsiders'.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013