Racism

obama said "she is a typical white person"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>
scgiantfan On July 31, 2008

, South Carolina
#1New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 16:19:06
The point is Obama first spoke a few years ago about his WHITE grandmother: " she used to N-Word and made several racist comments throughout my life and quite often I felt uncomfortable." Later, after deciding to run for pres. he was questioned about this: " He said I never meant direspect to my grandmother or talk negative about her, But she is just a typical WHITE PERSON"
Now this is what I'm thinking: what if john mccain was speaking about jesse jackson, {just a random BLACK man you aren't african-american unless you are from africa or one of your parents are!!!!!!! U R BLACK I am WHITE!!!!!!} ang said " Oh he's just a typical black person.."
WHY SHOULD THIS BE ANY DIFFERENT

But it is, you know people would have mccain out of the race saying america has come too far for racists to run as president.. I do agree with that statement. Obama made a comment that was offensive to me. A typical white person? i guess we all think and act alike... But is it the same for black people too? I don't think so, Grow some balls Hussein Obama and say i should have not said that. But no, its that double standard race card. i dont play that way anything i say about BLACK people around WHITES, I'll say to any of their faces, because I am not a racist at all..

anyone care to help me understand why the stuff Barrack Hussein Osama said was ok?
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#2New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 16:21:03
who said it was ok?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 16:28:02
Mcain isn't half black, Obama is half white.

Thats like I'd be able to say my mums a steriotypical Scot in a negative way, but an English person in my position wouldn't be allowed to say the same.
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#4New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 16:37:50
well, it is ok for a black person to say 'typical white person'.
it is not ok for a white person to say 'typical black man'.
c'mon, everyone knows why.
double standard.
the white folk do not wanna step on toes of the black folk.
the black folk dont care whose toes they step on, and they get away with such flagrant racism everyday.
most white folk do it behind closed doors, whilst most black folk do it out in open, because they want the confrontation and they want to start a race roit.
i was raised in the city, and made many black friends. i have been caled whitey, white girl, cracker you name it.
do i tolerate it? hell no! i aint no chicken s***!
but most of the white folk would just cower because they are afraid.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#5New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 16:52:05
@scoobiedoolala Said
well, it is ok for a black person to say 'typical white person'.
it is not ok for a white person to say 'typical black man'.
c'mon, everyone knows why.
double standard.
the white folk do not wanna step on toes of the black folk.
the black folk dont care whose toes they step on, and they get away with such flagrant racism everyday.
most white folk do it behind closed doors, whilst most black folk do it out in open, because they want the confrontation and they want to start a race roit.
i was raised in the city, and made many black friends. i have been caled whitey, white girl, cracker you name it.
do i tolerate it? hell no! i aint no chicken s***!
but most of the white folk would just cower because they are afraid.

What Mr.Barack Obama said was WRONG in my eyes...very wrong, however..can't you find a way to forgive him for the mistake and let that be it??? I don't think he is a racist because he made one stupid comment...read your own post...you said "black folks do it in the open, because they want a confrontation and they want to start a race roit." Where did you get that from...and are you speaking on behalf of ALL black folks? That's just crazy to think blacks are like that...you are doing the same thing that Mr.Barack Obama did...and it said he was sorry....you say alot of crazy stuff in your post about white folks and such...speak for yourself...i'am sure you don't speak for the entire race of white folks...the man made a mistake...forgive him and get on with it....stop speaking your views as if they were everyone's.... oh and just for the record..this country has had a few racist presidents...
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 16:52:39
source please, otherwise I take the OP as not happening.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#7New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 16:55:13
@spinkiegirl Said
oops..sorry
scgiantfan On July 31, 2008

, South Carolina
#8New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:16:01
@spinkiegirl Said
What Mr.Barack Obama said was WRONG in my eyes...very wrong, however..can't you find a way to forgive him for the mistake and let that be it??? I don't think he is a racist because he made one stupid comment...read your own post...you said "black folks do it in the open, because they want a confrontation and they want to start a race roit." Where did you get that from...and are you speaking on behalf of ALL black folks? That's just crazy to think blacks are like that...you are doing the same thing that Mr.Barack Obama did...and it said he was sorry....you say alot of crazy stuff in your post about white folks and such...speak for yourself...i'am sure you don't speak for the entire race of white folks...the man made a mistake...forgive him and get on with it....stop speaking your views as if they were everyone's.... oh and just for the record..this country has had a few racist presidents...

Good I'm glad someone sees this comment in BLACK AND WHITE!! Do you really think if McCain said that , you'd be like, " Hmmm. cant we all just forgive him, he made a mistake." Bull, You be on here calling for him to pull out of the race, " HE's a racist!!" you know it... I have no prob. with his typical white person comment, I know he a double talking politician, just like all the rest of THEM. I have a prob. with this country going to the slaughterhouse like sheep fighting for a president with not 1, not 2, but three freakin MUSLIM names. No american flag pin, oh but now he says he wears it, political gain reasons... SURE. It has nothing to do with the fact that he's black. I'd vote for condi rice over the past 6 elections.
ftw0890 On November 20, 2009

, Texas
#9New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:20:17
i'm sick of hearing about obama being racist. or muslim. or any of that petty bulls*** that people are inventing to make him look bad. there are plenty things wrong with him as a presidential candidate, but these are not any of them. stop picking at his every word to make him look bad. if your words were under as much scrutiny as his, you could be made out to look like anything people wanted too.

if you are going to hate on obama, please at least have a legitimate reason.
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#10New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:22:58
I have a legitimate reason. I jsut don't like the guy. he seems very shady and so far hasn't shown support for the troops. he talks the talk but still has not proven himself and walked the walk.

, Texas
#11New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:23:13
Quote:
I have a prob. with this country going to the slaughterhouse like sheep fighting for a president with not 1, not 2, but three freakin MUSLIM names. No american flag pin, oh but now he says he wears it, political gain reasons... SURE. It has nothing to do with the fact that he's black. I'd vote for condi rice over the past 6 elections.

1) he didn't pick his names. i could call my kids that too if i wanted, wouldn't make them muslim. many people have names from cultures other than their own.

2) why should he HAVE to wear an american pin? personally i think it's a stupid tradition anyway, and i wouldn't do it either. i'm sure the only reason he wears one now is to shut everybody up because he was sick of heaing their s***.

, Texas
#12New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:24:18
Quote:
I have a legitimate reason. I jsut don't like the guy. he seems very shady and so far hasn't shown support for the troops. he talks the talk but still has not proven himself and walked the walk.

and that i agree with. i feel the exact same way. but i just hate when people hate him for being racist or muslim because clearly he is neither.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#13New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:25:05
The only way you could compare it is if McCain was also half black and said that. Then how would you feel about it? I agree though that it's offensive to describe anyone as a "typical *blank* person". I think Obama meant it differently than how it came out though.
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#14New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:27:10
It's no different than commedians...black commedians make fun of white people all the time and it perfectly ok...but a white commedian making fun of black peopl is an outrage...

It's rediculous but that's how it is...I like Carlos Mencia...he makes fun of everyone regardless...black, white, mexican, whoever...
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#15New Post! Jul 29, 2008 @ 17:27:23
true, true, I'm not like most people. I really give a rats a** what religion or color he is.
But the way I see it we really got the shaft with these two jack asses. so either way.. sucks for me
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs