Proven Strategies for Beating Stress

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#16New Post! May 11, 2009 @ 06:23:24
Couldn't agree more with most of those ideas - the exercise one is particularly important.

Octavarium, your avatar is

sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#17New Post! May 11, 2009 @ 08:42:06
@readsalot Said

Most of us know these but as we begin a new week I thought that I'd list them/ they really do make life better.
~Socialize, see friends, relatives, go to club meetings. Stay connected, this is paramount.
~Talk, cry, laugh, get angry. Let it out.
~Exercise regularly; it reduces anxiety, releases tension and spurs the brain to pump more endorphins.
~Eat a healthy well balanced diet.
~Block stress by losing yourself in activities you enjoy. Add them to your schedule and do the consistently.
~Get perspective. Remember past hardships you've overcome.This gives you a sense of, "Yes I can!" That always helps.
~Live in the moment through activities you enjoy; small escapes like tv or movies.
~Practice slow deep breaths. Shallow fearful breathing sends stress signals to the brain.
~Try yoga or meditation. If you don't like them don't force yourself, try something else.

These may sound like things to do if you're older, but if you do them your entire life, they enrich and possibly prolong it.

These are things that I'm doing to get through a long recovery, I notice little by llttle an everyday improvement.

GREAT advice we could all benefit from following.
I think the only one thats missing is being kind to yourself! losing 'I should" and "I must" out of our vocabs is the best gift most of us could give ourselves. The 2:1 rule is one of the best things I ever learned - for every time you tell yourself something negative, you must tell yourself 2 things about yourself that are great.
Kudos readsalot. So glad to see you back.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs