News & Current Events

$500,000 to fix great "green" idea

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#1New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 06:09:49
Another great liberal "go green" idea.

Students at a high school in Boca Raton, Florida, must step over rivers of urine and endure the stench of rancid waste after a plan to bring 'green' waterless urinals into bathrooms backfired.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093979/Students-step-rivers-urine-green-bathrooms-plan-turns-high-school-yellow--cost-500-000-fix.html#ixzz1l0rvJxxN
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 11:20:34
'The girls had to step over a river of urine. I could smell it as soon as I walked into the hallway' <<< snipped from article.

What were the girls doing in the boys toilets, I wonder..?

Actually, I'm being mischievous, there. It's probable that the urine was present in other areas although it's source was the urinals in the boys toilets, but I couldn't help myself.

Good ol' Daily Mail, eh..? Always right up there when it comes to negative reporting of anything that isn't righteous, God fearin' and acceptably right wing.

From the article, it reads more to me like a case of faulty installation than an inherent problem with waterless urinals. We've had waterless urinals in places like pubs, factories and office buildings here in the UK for many years and they've worked perfectly...... but you wouldn't expect the Daily Mail to report that.

No, they prefer to report "Rivers" of urine. Wow.... the boys in that school must have incredible bladders to produce a RIVER of the stuff. 'twas probably more like a puddle, but again, you wouldn't expect the Daily Mail to report that, either. Never let balanced, responsible reporting to get in the way of a good slag-off of environmental issues, eh..?

I'm sure the problem will soon be sorted and all the little boys will be able to point porky at the porcelain again without having to worry about drowning in their own body waste.

As for the Daily Mail's reporting.... Pinch of salt time, methinks. Again.

Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:06:26
I'm serious about this posting.

Well done that school, nice try, shame about the results but we can't win them all.
Bravo. *Applauds*

That's one system we can scratch from the options list and forget about. Now let's look for others.

Practical experimentation at it's finest.

The money? Who gives a f**k! take it of the donations to some presidential wannabe.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#4New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:06:30
I wonder if the inventor got the idea from that Classic Book?

A Little Yellow Stream, By I.P. Daily

But in all seriousness,sometimes things that on paper look like a good idea,generally fail with the help of some Government official who hasn't read the thing properly.
They say it'll cost the school $500,000 to fix but who will actually be footing the bill will be the Parents in School Fees.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#5New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 13:08:32
@Demented Said

I wonder if the inventor got the idea from that Classic Book?

A Little Yellow Stream, By I.P. Daily

But in all seriousness,sometimes things that on paper look like a good idea,generally fail with the help of some Government official who hasn't read the thing properly.
They say it'll cost the school $500,000 to fix but who will actually be footing the bill will be the Parents in School Fees.

Demented, I thought I.P. Freely wrote that book!
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#6New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 13:21:22
@Jennifer1984 Said

'The girls had to step over a river of urine. I could smell it as soon as I walked into the hallway' <<< snipped from article.

What were the girls doing in the boys toilets, I wonder..?

Actually, I'm being mischievous, there. It's probable that the urine was present in other areas although it's source was the urinals in the boys toilets, but I couldn't help myself.

Good ol' Daily Mail, eh..? Always right up there when it comes to negative reporting of anything that isn't righteous, God fearin' and acceptably right wing.

From the article, it reads more to me like a case of faulty installation than an inherent problem with waterless urinals. We've had waterless urinals in places like pubs, factories and office buildings here in the UK for many years and they've worked perfectly...... but you wouldn't expect the Daily Mail to report that.

No, they prefer to report "Rivers" of urine. Wow.... the boys in that school must have incredible bladders to produce a RIVER of the stuff. 'twas probably more like a puddle, but again, you wouldn't expect the Daily Mail to report that, either. Never let balanced, responsible reporting to get in the way of a good slag-off of environmental issues, eh..?

I'm sure the problem will soon be sorted and all the little boys will be able to point porky at the porcelain again without having to worry about drowning in their own body waste.

As for the Daily Mail's reporting.... Pinch of salt time, methinks. Again.

well, we had those toilets that use less water crammed on us. Much of the time you have to flush them twice to get rid of the s***, using more water than the old ones.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#7New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 13:30:42
@hoppy Said

well, we had those toilets that use less water crammed on us. Much of the time you have to flush them twice to get rid of the s***, using more water than the old ones.

So let's just not try!
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#8New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 14:21:31
@hoppy Said

Students at a high school in Boca Raton, Florida, must step over rivers of urine and endure the stench of rancid waste after a plan to bring 'green' waterless urinals into bathrooms backfired.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093979/Students-step-rivers-urine-green-bathrooms-plan-turns-high-school-yellow--cost-500-000-fix.html#ixzz1l0rvJxxN

Ohio is installing these toilets in all of our road side rest areas and they are working just fine no reports of any problems.

Hell if the school was letting students walk through urine. They could have a huge problem on there hands.

My people have to have heb b shots and wear water proof suits along with full face respirators to even walk and work in this.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#9New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 14:30:35
@restoreone Said

Ohio is installing these toilets in all of our road side rest areas and they are working just fine no reports of any problems.

Hell if the school was letting students walk through urine. They could have a huge problem on there hands.

My people have to have heb b shots and wear water proof suits along with full face respirators to even walk and work in this.

They must have improved the hell outta them.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#10New Post! Jan 31, 2012 @ 21:38:36
@Forumless Said

Demented, I thought I.P. Freely wrote that book!

Nahh,that was his Cousin,he edited it for I.P.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 05:16:29
Flushing good down with the bad apparently. What idiots. First they do the right thing by going green but did not replace the plumbing. Cost? Green toilets then cleanup of a problem that should have been foreseen.

Now they state they they are going to buy water flushing toilets. Cost? New water using toilets, scrapping of good new green toilets, ........ and still replacing the plumbing.

Idiots!
Just keep the green toilets and replace the plumbing! jeeeeesh!
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#12New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 12:06:20
@hoppy Said

Going green now means spending the green.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 13:07:30
@Cinnamon Said

Going green now means spending the green.

Yeah, like staying with polluting is always free!
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 13:29:17
How do you f*** up waterless urinals that badly?

I've seen waterless urinals in various places, even very high-volume places like ski resorts. If they're even remotely well maintained, they're not bad. The only bad part is the urine residue left on the inside of the porcelain that doesn't get washed away.

Where are the "rivers of urine" coming from? Can't be the waterless urinals unless someone clogged them up and the boys are just peeing on the floor instead.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 13:31:49
Oh, I finished reading the article. The problem is that they didn't retrofit the actual pipes and stayed with copper, which is know to corrode with waterless installations.

It has nothing to do with the waterless urinals, but rather improper installation and possibly maintenance.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs