Politics

Pay raise for judges tucked into bailout plan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#1New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 10:06:27
I just don't understand why these F**KERS think we Americans are just to stupid or blind to see what they are rubbing in our faces like a handful of cat s**t. There are people in every state ,everyday losing their homes , losing jobs, losing hope. and them asses in Washington just keep on keeping on with the same ole s***.
And the really SAD part is We Americans will read this , b**** ,some will just nod "like yeah and?" some will bury their heads in the sand. some will put all their hopes into the new admin and NOTHING will get done ,well except them folks in Washington well get a cost of living adjustment at the cost of many more Americans life blood.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- If the $14 billion bailout plan for U.S. automakers passes, it will help more than just Ford, Chrysler and General Motors. Federal judges would get a pay raise, as well.
The raise -- labeled a cost of living adjustment -- would bring U.S. District court judges up to par with members of Congress, who will receive an almost $5,000 boost on Jan. 1. District judges and lawmakers now earn $169,300 a year but are expected to be awarded a 2.8 percent raise next year, said d*** Carelli, a spokesman for the Administrative Office of the United States Courts.

https://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081210/judicial_pay_raise.html?.v=1
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 10:10:39
Here's how it works.

Senator says "well you know I'm against this bill. But my friend Joe is a judge and wants a raise, so maybe I'll be for this bill if Joe gets a raise, even though that has nothing to do with the bill. Joe's a cool guy."

As a politician, it pays to oppose everything, then you can get random crap put into bills to make them to your liking. The ones that are effective at doing this and getting all kinds of crap fro their constituents are re-elected time and time again.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#3New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 10:10:44
Figures

Yeah, their Frappucinos are more expensive so they need the extra $5000 monthly
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#4New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 10:32:44
I modified the words a bit added the link aand sent this post to the Nevada sentor just now asking him when was he gonna insists tha the people that gave him that job and pays his wages gets a cost of living adjustment.
I went to his web site and sent it thoughhis 'email me 'link
and am going to do the same with my own senetor . I'm not so backwards that I don't know I'm suppose to write "my voice in washington" with my issuses questions etc...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs