Gay Marriage & Religion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
jistolme On May 31, 2010

nowhere land, New York
#46New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 11:59:36
@rockdave Said
alright let me give you a choice, either of the two above and dont be a bloody soppy student about it and wiggle ya way out of it by saying summat like the above statement... kapiche?

first of all, I am not a "bloody soppy student", I am a grown Mother of two, one almost your age! Second, I am not wiggling my way out of it, I gave you my answer. And what in the hell does "summat" mean. Never learned that one in school. But, then again I'm not a wet behind the ears kid either. Your not getting a fight out of me.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 12:25:43
summat is slang for something. alot of northerners say it and it kinda caught on in text form and you wiggled your way out of it by not giving me an answer from the two options i gave trying to prove my point. and its just the kinda thing a student would do to get out of it! other than that how are ya my love, hope ya well
jistolme On May 31, 2010

nowhere land, New York
#48New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 13:11:29
I am fine, thank you.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#49New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 18:02:26
@darkshine Said
I know it's dragging it all off-topic...

But how you can you not agree with a sexuality? Hypothetically, I'd like to join your logic, but towards straight people. Show me how

I never said I didn't agree with sexuality..that's not what I said...I DO NOT AGREE WITH SAME SEX MARRIAGE....Two people of the same sex...IMO, should NOT be married!!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#50New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 18:52:12
@spinkiegirl Said
I never said I didn't agree with sexuality..that's not what I said...I DO NOT AGREE WITH SAME SEX MARRIAGE....Two people of the same sex...IMO, should NOT be married!!

Why?
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 18:54:23
Is it just me who thinks religious leaders (who usually are not allowed to marry), shouldn't dictate who we marry?
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#52New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 20:49:14
@spinkiegirl Said

Well, you did actually, but I'll just take it as mixed-up wording.

There's just no justification behind not allowing the law to recognise the love of two healthy minded individuals who wish to share their love and assets with each other.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#53New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 21:24:29
@spinkiegirl Said

Why?

If you don't practice something yourself, why do you think you should have a say in what someone else practices.

What gives you the right to have even an opinion on what your neighbors do behind closed doors?

How does it effect you in your day to day life if 2 men are married and have the same rights and services as a man and a woman would recieve?

If you are not gay this subject doesn't have a impact on your day to day life what so ever.

Chicago, Illinois
#54New Post! Sep 18, 2008 @ 20:14:11
@Lili Said
Why?

Well, because i'am a Christian....not a perfect Christian mind you....lol however, i've never read anything in the Holy Bible that supports two people of the same sex entering into a union (marriage)but at the same time...I DO NOT think that our govt. should have a say in this matter....each and every american should be aloud to marry who they want....IMO!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#55New Post! Sep 18, 2008 @ 20:28:49
@doubtingthomas Said
Why?

If you don't practice something yourself, why do you think you should have a say in what someone else practices.

What gives you the right to have even an opinion on what your neighbors do behind closed doors?

How does it effect you in your day to day life if 2 men are married and have the same rights and services as a man and a woman would recieve?

If you are not gay this subject doesn't have a impact on your day to day life what so ever.

First of all...I NEVER said I had any right to what ANYBODY does...did I? I gave my opinion....that's all....what I said was....our govt. SHOULDN'T have the RIGHT to tell americans who they can or can't marry...what gay people do in their day to day life..in NO way effects me, unless they do it in my home....don't put words in my mouth!!! I don't have to be a gay person to have an opinion about them, do I? Also....i'am an american...born in this country, just as my parents were....in case you didn't know....that gives ME, the God given RIGHT to have a say about ANY and EVERYTHING!!!! And el_tino said in his OP to discuss...and so that is what i'am doing...

Chicago, Illinois
#56New Post! Sep 18, 2008 @ 20:34:15
@Darkshine Said

There's just no justification behind not allowing the law to recognise the love of two healthy minded individuals who wish to share their love and assets with each other.

NO, I didn't.....you must have misunderstood my words....I DO NOT THINK THAT THE u.s. govt. SHOULD HAVE A RIGHT TO TELL ANY AMERICAN...WHO THEY CAN OR CAN'T MARRY!!!! I simply feel that it is up to any american to marry WHOEVER they choose to marry....get it?
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#57New Post! Sep 18, 2008 @ 21:23:59
@Spinkiegirl Said
I don't believe in abortion and I don't believe in gay marriage...however, I don't think that our govt. should have a right to tell americans who they can and can't marry....same with abortion...the govt. should have NO say in what a woman does with her body...I just don't agree with abortion or gays!!

if you dont blieve in gay marriage and abortion, you are voting for the wrong candidate. and i am all for gay 'civil' unions, but not on a federal level. and our government is in evrybody's business when they shouldn't be.

@Spinkiegirl Said

agree, but give them the opportunity for a civil marriage and to share in their partners assets.

@Darkshine Said

isn't civil unions of same sex couples recognized already in certain states? i do know it is in california.

@doubtingthomas Said
Why?

it is her opinion. she can have plenty of say. she is not even bringing up what they do behind closed doors. wtf cares, i don't.
according to the law, they do not have the same rights as a man/woman would married. do i care? no. i have no dog in that fight, so why should i vote for such a thing if given the opportunity?
it has alot to do with our beliefs. we do not believe a man/man or woman/woman should be married. i ain't gonna fight about it, it is what it is.

@Spinkiegirl Said
NO, I didn't.....you must have misunderstood my words....I DO NOT THINK THAT THE u.s. govt. SHOULD HAVE A RIGHT TO TELL ANY AMERICAN...WHO THEY CAN OR CAN'T MARRY!!!! I simply feel that it is up to any american to marry WHOEVER they choose to marry....get it?

President Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act (Public Law 104-199) at 12:50 A.M. on 21 September 1996. It permitted any state to refuse recognition to any same-sex marriage performed in any other state. It also defined "marriage" as exclusively the union of one man and one woman for all purposes under federal law.
https://www.answers.com/topic/defense-of-marriage-act
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs