Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#16New Post! Jun 20, 2008 @ 14:52:05
It definitely is NOT easy living or knowing a Hypochondriac, but rest assured they are not having an easy time of it either because for them all these diseases are very real to them.

It is a disorder which happens to many people and I've been told by doctor's and by students studying psychology that they go through the Hypochondriac Stage for months and sometimes years as they are studying and can understand how people can become this way.

Yes!! They do need help, but to say they can stop it is far from the truth. Loving someone or just knowing someone with it can get very irritating and nerve racking, just like crying wolf. But writing them off is not a good idea because one day they will be telling the truth and if you write them off and they do die after telling you, how will it make you feel.

And it is a good thing to keep any books and materials that contain diseases away from them as much as possible, for their sake because living like that must be a living death for these people literally......

A full assessment from a Mental Health Professional is definitely a must for these people for proper treatment so they can learn to live productive lives without constant fears in my opinion....

"My Uncle committed Suicide with this disease because he couldn't handle the fear of thinking he had all these disease and I guess in his mind he thought killing himself was the only way to get away from the diseases, real or not and the fears of said diseases, so aggressive help is really needed in these situations and a lot of patience......."
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#17New Post! Jun 20, 2008 @ 15:04:39
One day I was watching (why, I don't know) Dr. Phil. There was a woman on with her enormous 3 year old daughter. This poor child was nearly the weight of an adult. She wanted Phil to help her figure out what was wrong with the child. WHen he tried to explaine she ate too much and needed more activity, the mom didn't want to hear it. In her mind, it HAD to be a condition or a disease. It was so stupid I had to turn it off. People are ridicuous.
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#18New Post! Jun 20, 2008 @ 16:14:55
@wingsy Said
I really don't

For example...I work with a woman who has been to SEVEN different chiropractors. Why? Because she wants them to do something that none of them feel that she NEEDS and they won't do. I'm sorry, but if SEVEN doctors are telling you that you don't need it, you probably don't need it

I know people who go to doctors and demand medication that they don't need and get pissed when the doctors won't give it to them. Sorry, but I don't want to be taking medication that I don't need

And my favorite was the random guy on the train this morning trying to explain to me how if ALL narcotics are legalized (cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.) there will be no more DUI offenses I couldn't get him to understand that people still get DUIs and DWIs for alcohol even though it's legal to drink

People amuse me

I love people like that. I like to help them by telling them that they are doomed because it must be too serious for any type of medical help. J/k!

I know what you mean. I have an aunt and uncle who rush to the doctor for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. If one of them get so much as a splinter, they swear that they have caught some type of illness or have some disease. Or any time that they see a new health problem advertised on TV, they rush to the doctor. It's unreal what some people will do, just because they think that there is something wrong with them when there really isn't.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#19New Post! Jun 20, 2008 @ 16:17:40
Hypochondriacs, they are the worst. Yeah if you have 7 opinions and all of them agreeing, that usually means they are right.!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs