Mandatory health insurance?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#76New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 14:08:18
But you are not the issue here, not trying to be a butt.

Make some phone calls and get the needed forms, fill them out and send them in. There are other avenues you can explore, do some homework.

You said that they both are "chronically ill" get their doctor to say so and go for any government run program.
bettyboo On November 19, 2010

, Australia
#77New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 14:12:46
@mzdaizy Said
I'm not sure exactly where I stand on this, but my father has a problem. Insurance is now mandatory in MA, and he's worked at the same garage for 20-odd years, without coverage-it's not that they don't offer, but he can't afford it, since he and my mom are both chronically ill. Because he works, he's not eligible for state-funded insurance, but since he doesn't get paid enough, he can't afford it - a vicious cycle if you ask me. Of course now, because it's past the deadline to get insurance and he has to file for taxes, the gov. will be charging a fine for not having it, which he won't be able to afford either. What's a family of low-income but NOT living off the state supposed to do????

sorry to hear that babe that sucks if your working here but have a low income you can get a health care card that helps with drs visits and medicines some costs of your utility bills ect and half price fees at some places like the speedway about that one hope their health improves
mzdaizy On February 07, 2013

Moose Country, Massachusetts
#78New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 14:14:39
According to the mandate, the state is supposed to help those who are poor or low-income to get lower premiums if they are unable to afford the insurance themselves. In my dad's case, his job already offers the insurance at a low cost-but still not low enough for him. My parents do not squander money-they live on the bare minimum of necessaties as it is, yet my mother is in and out of the hospital and my father does not even buy the meds that he needs so that she may have hers. There's something wrong there, IMO.
mzdaizy On February 07, 2013

Moose Country, Massachusetts
#79New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 14:16:43
@treetopflyer Said
But you are not the issue here, not trying to be a butt.

Make some phone calls and get the needed forms, fill them out and send them in. There are other avenues you can explore, do some homework.

You said that they both are "chronically ill" get their doctor to say so and go for any government run program.

Sorry, thought this might be the right thread for this. Just trying to form an opinion on the issue.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#80New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 14:19:58
@mzdaizy Said
Sorry, thought this might be the right thread for this. Just trying to form an opinion on the issue.

Okay my opinion, get your parents started in the right direction in getting them some help with this very important issue.

Get others involved who can help, get the needed forms filled out and sent to the proper places, and see where it leads.

Wouldn't they help you if you needed help?
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#81New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 17:33:30
@el_tino Said
To the people who are saying they don't want to pay for other people's health care:

YOU ALREADY ARE!

1) Through higher premiums from lack of competition
2) Through increased costs due to hospitals writing off nonpayers
3) Through taxes that already go to pay for other people's health care.
4) Through people who can't pay waiting until a problem gets much worse, therefore costing you more to fix.

so your solution is to throw more money at the problem but not really fix the problem?
why not address the some of the real problems first

1) the homeless don't work or pay taxes how are they going to pay for insurance?

2) the 5 to 12 million illegals that are here they are here working for 20 cents on the dollar under the table and don't want to pay taxes but still use the emergency rooms

these are two of the main reasons our health care is in such a bad state and until we deal with these mandated insurance will do nothing but cause more hardship for those the can barely afford it now
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#82New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 17:36:51
@el_tino Said
To the people who are saying they don't want to pay for other people's health care:

YOU ALREADY ARE!

1) Through higher premiums from lack of competition
2) Through increased costs due to hospitals writing off nonpayers
3) Through taxes that already go to pay for other people's health care.
4) Through people who can't pay waiting until a problem gets much worse, therefore costing you more to fix.

My point was that you'll continue to be paying for someone else's health care even with mandatory insurance in place. Not to mention the cost of governing and enforcing the system, and prosecuting those without health insurance.

My point was not that it would cause more costs, just that it continue to cost everyone, just in different ways. It's obfuscation, not solution.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#83New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 22:12:43
@raditz8526 Said
Ok, how do you propose the government take over a 2 trillion dollar industry? How much do you think that will kill the economy?

I don't propose that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs