Forums:
Random

Boycott Petrol

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
newlander On February 05, 2011

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:09:43
I recieved this via Email, do you think its possible?

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying ?1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading! and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.
boycott BP and Esso
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#2New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:14:04
oh god not this again.

it doesnt work, if you wanted results like this you would need to boycott petrol for alot longer time than just one day.

even if people did do it, the companies would just get the money they lost on that day, on the day after when more people fill there cars up because they didnt do it the day before
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#3New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:16:24
Best thing is all the delivery drivers go on strike like last time.. bring the country to its knees again.
newlander On February 05, 2011

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:18:50
It sounds a wee bit suspect to me as well. I buy my petrol from Tesco coz its handy, but they probably get their petrol from the same place as BP ESSO etc anyway so it wont make any difference.
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#5New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:23:42
@pete Said
oh god not this again.

it doesnt work, if you wanted results like this you would need to boycott petrol for alot longer time than just one day.

even if people did do it, the companies would just get the money they lost on that day, on the day after when more people fill there cars up because they didnt do it the day before

i just relised its a differant one. its still spam, i dont see how boycotting 2 brands of petrol will bring prices down
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#6New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:25:45
Might want to forget about petrol and boycott your automobiles in favor of mass transit.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#7New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:35:26
People are frigging lazy in essence hence why the petrol price is so high... plus us brits are bloody s*** at complaining.. Petrol or oil prices have been controlled for too long in this country. We need to start complaining in mass. f*** emails.. get them government debates going agian.. like the road pricing effort we did.. it worked...
turner69er On May 29, 2008

bradford, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:49:47
its a good plan but thers better (supermarket fuel is from esso) markfox is rite complaining to the government is the only way 60% of the fuel price is tax so that meens 40p a litre we get it sold it from esso the rest is tax.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#9New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:55:29
silly, theres alot of other factors contributing to the high cost of petrol.
not just petrol companies being mean.
boycotting the two biggest ones will do nothing to lower the price.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs