AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#46New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 00:30:09
@angelcake Said
see i think if it makes someones standards of living higher then it shouldbe done but i'm in such 2 minds about it.

I can understand those that feel like that. But I don't agree with it. I don't feel that that should be the justification for such a radical procedure as this..in this case anyway.

Once the child does start going through menstruation, her pain and cramps and everything that comes along with it are all able to be managed. There should be adequate facilities provided and adequate support which should allow these factors to be managed and it shouldn't impact on the child, but instead allow them to lead their life as normally as it can be led.
clurrby On June 06, 2008

Liverpool, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 00:31:33
@angelcake Said
i wasnt saying it was, i was saying if it did...but i duno

I dont know either, i think it should only be done for the reason i said before
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 00:31:55
@garfunkel Said
I can understand those that feel like that. But I don't agree with it. I don't feel that that should be the justification for such a radical procedure as this..in this case anyway.

Once the child does start going through menstruation, her pain and cramps and everything that comes along with it are all able to be managed. There should be adequate facilities provided and adequate support which should allow these factors to be managed and it shouldn't impact on the child, but instead allow them to lead their life as normally as it can be led.

yeah and i can completely see the point about not doing it, i'm just stuck in the middle...if theres an option so that it wouldn't have to be managed etc for the rest of her reproductive life then it should go ahead, causing less disruption etc etc but then again it's her reproductive organs!
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#49New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 00:33:25
@angelcake Said
yeah and i can completely see the point about not doing it, i'm just stuck in the middle...if theres an option so that it wouldn't have to be managed etc for the rest of her reproductive life then it should go ahead, causing less disruption etc etc but then again it's her reproductive organs!

haha stuck in the middle much?
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#50New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 00:33:45
@garfunkel Said
haha stuck in the middle much?

not at all lol
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#51New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 00:56:26
i'm against it.
its an extreme answer to a problem that doesn't merit it.
lets_see On May 17, 2009

Deleted

Alabama,
#52New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 02:41:25
It depends on how disabled the girl is. If she is not able to make decisions on her own, then I agree. It would be the healthiest and safest for the child.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#53New Post! Oct 08, 2007 @ 08:50:53
Thank goodness you need permission from the court for these kind of things.

At first i was horrified, patients in comas and other severely mentally and physically disabled people have periods, why is this girl an exception?

However, actually tending to them during thier period is difficult, especially if they have severe learning disabilities. What we must remember is that carers are not actually trained professionals, they are unpaid members of family who basically do as best a job they can with what they have.

If the Gynaecologist is happy to do the proceedure, then i feel we must have faith that he/she has deliberated the matter and we must have faith that the court will make whatever decision is best for the girl in the long run.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs