Politics

"I am 76 and I am tired. By Bill Crosby

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Sep 19, 2011 @ 20:41:42
This is what happens when you gain your 'wisdom' from emails.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/Bill-Cosby-Im-Tired.htm
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 19, 2011 @ 20:45:52
oh, now i remember why i had this guy blocked.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#4New Post! Sep 19, 2011 @ 20:48:29
@patriotic Said

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia, New Zealand, UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance..

Despite this being a fake...this point almost made me laugh. Stripping this sentence almost to it's necessary parts it reads "I'm tired of being told that we must let Arab countries to use our oil money to ...etc, etc, etc." I stopped there because this is the crux of the matter.

We have to let them use our money to... WTH? Exactly what do we pay for that we get to decide where the money goes after the sale? When I shop at my local grocery store, do I have a right to be upset that they spent my hard earned money to repaint their store sign?

Once I pay them, the money is theirs. I have no right to dictate what they do with it. So...if this is an issue, we have two choices - either stop buying oil from them or shut up about what they do with the money that is now theirs. Could you imagine us giving them an ultimatum? "we're not going to buy your oil unless..." and at that point, they'd stop listening because some other country will buy it if we don't.

/rant

@LuckyCharms Said

This is what happens when you gain your 'wisdom' from emails.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/Bill-Cosby-Im-Tired.htm

Thank you, dear. I thought this title sounded vaguely familiar.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#5New Post! Sep 19, 2011 @ 20:49:21
@someone_else Said

Thank you, dear. I thought this title sounded vaguely familiar.

Any time.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 01:09:33
Adverse effects of Jello fifty years down the road?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 02:39:45
glad this is fake. i like bill
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 02:46:26
You really think that Bill Cosby, of all people, would write some sort of open letter full of bulls*** right-wing extremist ranting? You think Cosby would hate on Muslims, deny global warming, and b**** about tattoos?

Tattoos!

Whoever actually did write it should have ended it with "And get off my lawn, you f***ing young people! All this CHANGE is bulls***! Everything should be the same as it was when I was 20 years old, and I will blame everyone and everything that is different!"
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#10New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 02:48:45
Not Bill Cosby, people. Bill Crosby.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#11New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 02:50:52
Bill Cosby sings the Beatles
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#12New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 03:48:53
@jonnythan Said

You really think that Bill Cosby, of all people, would write some sort of open letter full of bulls*** right-wing extremist ranting? You think Cosby would hate on Muslims, deny global warming, and b**** about tattoos?

Tattoos!

Whoever actually did write it should have ended it with "And get off my lawn, you f***ing young people! All this CHANGE is bulls***! Everything should be the same as it was when I was 20 years old, and I will blame everyone and everything that is different!"

I wonder if one of the reasons why Bill Cosby of all people got attached to this, is because a he's old, respected, and he had a rant a few years back, where he mentioned stuff about: God, race, personal responsibility, some criticism of celebrities, and mentioned something about Muslims.

Like its something that might be kinda familiar so it tricks people into think it might be true. That it could of happened, so they pass it on like other urban legends without even thinking to verify it, after all, they heard it from the very reliable friend of a friend who asked them to pass it on to make a difference.

And if someone agrees with the anti-Islam message in this, they just pass it on, without even really questioning it, just continuing to perpetrate those ideas and misconceptions.

but even the tattoo thing is made up and the bits about anti-islam and global warming are picked out of the original rant by the guy that did write it.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#13New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 04:38:13
Can't we change the title to "I'm old, stupid and crabby, because I havn't had a decent poo in 2 weeks"..

And then change the OP to "And I hate everyone".

It would certainly save time.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#14New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 14:35:46
@Leon Said

Not Bill Cosby, people. Bill Crosby.

No no Leon, it's Bing Crosby.

Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 15:14:58
Well tell bill to have a coke a smile and shut the f***? up.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs