Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#16New Post! Sep 24, 2013 @ 16:56:13
@sister_of_mercy Said

I'm never sure whether to call my boyfriend's mother by her name or not.

Isn't that a bit awkward?

When my husband introduced me to his parents for the first time, he said "Mom and Dad, this is Her." He probably told me their names, too but I've called them Mom and Dad since the day I met them.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Sep 24, 2013 @ 17:41:35
@someone_else_again Said

Isn't that a bit awkward?

When my husband introduced me to his parents for the first time, he said "Mom and Dad, this is Her." He probably told me their names, too but I've called them Mom and Dad since the day I met them.

Not as much as I thought it would be, if you're careful with how you talk you never have to use their name. I know that I probably can just call her by her given name, I'm just still a bit socially difficult.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#18New Post! Sep 24, 2013 @ 17:47:36
@sister_of_mercy Said

Not as much as I thought it would be, if you're careful with how you talk you never have to use their name. I know that I probably can just call her by her given name, I'm just still a bit socially difficult.

Yeah, that's usually how I end up doing it. I'm not exactly the most socially comfortable person in the world either. Plus...well actually, you might remember this...I screw up people's names with other similar names. I have a friend - an actual friend - whose name is Melissa. It took me three months to stop calling her Michelle.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Sep 24, 2013 @ 20:26:42
@sister_of_mercy Said

I'm never sure whether to call my boyfriend's mother by her name or not. Calling her Dr. (lastname) seems too formal but I've never really called relatives of my friends anything but MR/s (lastname) or (my friend's name)'s mum/dad.

I still call my uncle uncle whatever just because it's how I've always done so, he doesn't seem to mind.

"And so there I was with Uncle Wut-eeeevAH and he started cracking farts when we saw this guy I like at the mall and I was all like WUT-EVAH!"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs