Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 12:34:31
Health BNP stance:

Replace 100,000 NHS "bureaucrats" with doctors, nurses and dentists; committed to a free, fully funded NHS "for all British citizens"; bring hospital cleaning back in-house; increase pay for NHS staff to boost recruitment and retention; bar foreigners from using the NHS.

1. Replace 100,000 NHS "bureaucrats" with doctors, nurses and dentists - who is going to identify the bureacrats and how much will this cost? Where will you recruit the doctors, nurses and dentists from?

2. committed to a free, fully funded NHS "for all British citizens" - this is currently the case and always has been, why is this a policy at all?

3. bring hospital cleaning back in-house - what about the porters, catering, security? Are you going to cease all contracts and hire from scratch with advertising, interviews, reference taking and training as well as disciplinary matters and how is this going to improve the services already in place?

4. increase pay for NHS staff to boost recruitment and retention - where is the budget for this coming from?

5. bar foreigners from using the NHS - this would cancel all agreements with other countries for basic care covered under the E11 agreement with the EU. This would also leave holiday makers to die should they be involved in an accident and they have no insurance. This would also encourage british nationals to claim extra prescription medication to cover relatives who are visiting the UK.

Education - Allow schools to use corporal punishment; force pupils to wear uniforms; reintroduce grammar schools, with entrance exams at 11 and 13; reverse policy to teach special needs pupils in regular schools by re-opening special needs schools; force schools to hold daily Christian assemblies; focus curriculum on British history, "old-fashioned" literacy skills and "more practical" maths skills; abolish university tuition fees and restore grants for students; introduce tax breaks for home-schooling parents; set up a compulsory military or community service scheme for school-leavers.

1. Allow schools to use corporal punishment - a system that never worked in the first place.

2. force pupils to wear uniforms - this is a matter for the school not the government.

3. reintroduce grammar schools - there are still grammar schools?

4. reverse policy to teach special needs pupils in regular schools by re-opening special needs schools - why?

5. force schools to hold daily Christian assemblies - this is entirely a school matter, not government.

6. focus curriculum on British history, "old-fashioned" literacy skills and "more practical" maths skills - so world history is irrelevant? what is "more practical" maths skills? A child can manage money at the age of 7. What then?

7. abolish university tuition fees and restore grants for students - how will you fund this?

Family - Reintroduce the married couples allowance, to be paid to men; make joint custody of children the norm in divorce cases.

1. Reintroduce the married couples allowance, to be paid to men -

2. make joint custody of children the norm in divorce cases - even if they dont want joint custody?

and this gem on environment - blame environmental problems on overpopulation caused by immigration.

sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 12:37:08
With the whole tuition fees even the Lib Dems have taken back their pledge to cut them, simply as it's not realistic economically speaking at the moment. It's all well and good putting policies out there but if it's not feasible then there's no point.
HINCKLEYLADisback On May 03, 2010

Leicester, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 12:43:04
@sister_of_mercy Said

With the whole tuition fees even the Lib Dems have taken back their pledge to cut them, simply as it's not realistic economically speaking at the moment. It's all well and good putting policies out there but if it's not feasible then there's no point.

but other regions within the uk can?

similar with prescription charges, in so many areas the english people are dealt a raw deal compared to other countries within the union.

is this fair?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 12:47:19
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

similar with prescription charges, in so many areas the english people are dealt a raw deal compared to other countries within the union.

is this fair?

No it's not fair. I don't know about the technicalities of it I admit, but to roll it out for the entire country just wouldn't be good for the economy when it's just started to get back on its feet.

I would say it should either be an all or nothing situation so it's completely fair, but if it helps anyone at all then that's good in my books.
HINCKLEYLADisback On May 03, 2010

Leicester, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 12:58:46
On the issue of health (not my speciality), i would like to raise awareness of the vast numbers of british trained nurses and doctors we are losing in this country, some dropping out of the profession others going overseas for better working conditions.

The nhs is top heavy with managers and consultants who hinder the administering of a good health service as they are binded by targets,and bureacratic red tape, costing the service millions each year.

The money could be better spent on frontline services and the recruitment and retention of our own trained nurses and doctors, instead of importing labour into this sector from other parts of the world.

How can we justify taking nurses from african nations, who themselves are in dire need of such professionals and are dependent on foriegn aid programmes, where is the logic in this?

Many recent instances have also come to light of foreign trained healthworkers not being able to communicate, have sub-standard training, which puts each of us who may need these services one day at risk, is this right?

who would trust an african doctor over one from the uk?
honestly?
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#21New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 13:02:22
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

i would like to raise awareness of the vast numbers of british trained nurses and doctors we are losing in this country.

How can we justify taking nurses from african nations

Are the british trained nurses going to africa?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 13:09:13
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

On the issue of health (not my speciality), i would like to raise awareness of the vast numbers of british trained nurses and doctors we are losing in this country, some dropping out of the profession others going overseas for better working conditions.

got any statistics on this?

Quote:
The nhs is top heavy with managers and consultants who hinder the administering of a good health service as they are binded by targets,and bureacratic red tape, costing the service millions each year.

agreed about the managers, this is because of the standards introduced by the government and the EU. Consultants are paid vast amounts but do bear in mind there are merely a handful covering hundreds of thousands of people.

Quote:
The money could be better spent on frontline services and the recruitment and retention of our own trained nurses and doctors, instead of importing labour into this sector from other parts of the world.

Our own trained doctors are usually UK citizens of Asian and African origin because it is those families who have a strong education ethic. It is only a small margin of white middle class families who actually go into medicine these days.

Quote:
How can we justify taking nurses from african nations, who themselves are in dire need of such professionals and are dependent on foriegn aid programmes, where is the logic in this?

More Africans train as nurses.

Quote:
Many recent instances have also come to light of foreign trained healthworkers not being able to communicate, have sub-standard training, which puts each of us who may need these services one day at risk, is this right?

The GMC and NICE are already working on policy to ensure Doctors from overseas are actually competent following the case of the morphine overdose administered by a German Locum Doctor. This is a matter for the GMC and NICE to resolve. Please show me statistics that indicate this sort of thing is happening more frequently and it is entirely because the Doctor is not British?

Quote:
honestly?

Apart from accent, how would you know?
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 13:16:31
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

honestly?

I know some English medical students, and they are wasters (as in constantly drunk and stoned, hardly do any work etc) So, over them, yes I would trust an African (Or Polish, or Chinese, or Australian...whatever nationality) Doctor if I felt they were competent.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 14:07:36
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

is this fair?

I actually agree with you on this one. It's not at all fair how we up here get our tuition fees paid for but people down south don't.

Like one of my best mates came here from England, same uni, same course, same everything except he didn't spend five years in the Scottish educational system so he has to pay s*** loads more to do it. Even though we are from the same country (The UK).

On the other hand it is unfeasable for the rest of the UK to do it without taking the money from somewhere else, which at this time is unwise. Essentially the choice is between getting rid of it in Scotland or keeping it unfair for the time being.

Course in Scotland it is an internal matter and has f*** all to do with the English parliament. Unfortunately.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#25New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 14:34:09
Here ya go Treebee,print this up and use it.I've been using it for years and it works well
Pussy_Kat On November 24, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 14:49:28
I'm gonna vote Champagne Party. Just as well I'm not old enough to vote!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs