The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

CV Piss taking in a Recruiter magazine...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 09:40:12
If you found out that your Resume or CV was being used in a magazine as a ?point and laugh? piece because your hobbies and skills or your work back ground.. or just generally what would you do?

I have a magazine called the recruiter https://www.recruiter.co.uk/Home/Default.aspx, and at the back of it there is a piece call ?Small talk? in this slither of words it contains a quote from some persons CV, it says..

No time for work to busy playing..
Recruiters continue to send in amusing CVs. This candidate hasn?t worked for a while,- we don?t thing he has the time! Check out his busy extra curricular activities.
?Hobbies and interest:- Music:Playing Musical instruments ? Guitar, bass guitar, harmonica, keyboards drums. Art and Crafts ? drawing, painting. I am also interested in astronomy, photography films and reading. I enjoy outdoor pursuits such as cycling, skateboarding and surfing. I make boomerangs too.

Keep sending them in!!

WTF! Is wrong with this CV?? My hobbies are not too disimular to that, I read a lot of book, mostly comedy, and I love going out with my mates. That?s on my CV. Any how, I read this and got a little bit pissed with what was put. So I have written a letter? and sending it to the editor today via email. I will keep you posted if they reply..

But whats your thoughts on this?? is it ok to do such a thing is a professional magazine?
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#2New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 09:49:07
I don't see what's so funny about it.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 10:02:19
I put tapdancing on my CV once and i was employed because of it. They asked if i could really tap dance and i said no, i just put it there because it looked good and they was all ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

thats my funny CV story.
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 10:25:13
It's better than these..

Funny CVs
collection of funny quotes from real CVs
CV Quotes These are taken from real CVs and cover letters and were printed in the July 21,1997 issue of Fortune Magazine

"I demand a salary commiserate with my extensive experience."

"I have lurnt Word Perfect 6.0 computor and spreasheet progroms."

"Received a plague for Salesperson of the Year."

"Wholly responsible for two (2) failed financial institutions."

"Reason for leaving last job: maturity leave."

"Failed bar exam with relatively high grades."

"It's best for employers that I not work with people."

"Let's meet , so you can 'ooh' and 'aah' over my experience."

"You will want me to be Head Honcho in no time."

"Am a perfectionist and rarely if if ever forget details."

"I was working for my mom until she decided to move."

"Marital status: single. Unmarried. Unengaged. Uninvolved. No commitments."

"I have an excellent track record, although I am not a horse."

"I am loyal to my employer at all costs...Please feel free to respond to my resume on my office voice mail."

"I have become completely paranoid, trusting completely no one and absolutely nothing."

"My goal is to be a meterologist. But since I possess no training in meteorology, I suppose I should try stock brokerage."

"I procrastinate, especially when the task is unpleasant."

"Personal interests: donating blood. Fourteen gallons so far."

"As indicted, I have over five years of analyzing investments."

"Instrumental in ruining entire operation for a Midwest chain store."

"Note: Please don't misconstrue my 14 jobs as 'job-hopping'. I have never quit a job."

"Marital status: often. Children: various."

"Reason for leaving last job: They insisted that all employees get to work by 8:45 am every morning. I couldn't work under those conditions."

"The company made me a scapegoat, just like my three previous employers."

"Finished eighth in my class of ten."

"References: none. I've left a path of destruction behind me."
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#5New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 10:35:05
Write your letter mark and make sure its a bloody good one, how f***ing rude that these people think it's acceptable to piss take someones hobbies and CV.

The people that send these CV's in probably have hobbies like w**king, talking s*** and biscuit eating!
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 10:36:28
@hallucinogenic_lipstick Said
Write your letter mark and make sure its a bloody good one, how f***ing rude that these people think it's acceptable to piss take someones hobbies and CV.

The people that send these CV's in probably have hobbies like w**king, talking s*** and biscuit eating!

there's nothing wrong with biscuit eating!
Cocksocket.

#7New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 10:39:02
No there isnt babe but employers of that nature probably take it to the extreme and class it as a hobby.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 10:39:40
No there isnt babe but employers of that nature probably take it to the extreme and class it as a hobby.

Employers on the whole are t***s though.
innit!

#9New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 10:40:31
@angelcake Said
Employers on the whole are t***s though.

Agreed..
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#10New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 11:24:26

I have just added those three hobbies to my CV

Cocksocket.

#11New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:00:48
@bob_the_fisherman Said
I have just added those three hobbies to my CV

Nice one!

Ya know what i'm gonna add them to mine as well!
innit!

#12New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:04:02
I think we all should..
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#13New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:07:14
Your CVs sound interesting. We don't add anything to do with marital status or kids (in fact it's against the law to ask a potential employee those questions) and we dont' put hobbies on our resumes either. They may come up in interviews though.
gatechsteph On December 21, 2008

Stockbridge, Georgia
#14New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:17:14
@markfox01 Said
If you found out that your Resume or CV was being used in a magazine as a ?point and laugh? piece because your hobbies and skills or your work back ground.. or just generally what would you do?

I have a magazine called the recruiter https://www.recruiter.co.uk/Home/Default.aspx, and at the back of it there is a piece call ?Small talk? in this slither of words it contains a quote from some persons CV, it says..

No time for work to busy playing..
Recruiters continue to send in amusing CVs. This candidate hasn?t worked for a while,- we don?t thing he has the time! Check out his busy extra curricular activities.
?Hobbies and interest:- Music:Playing Musical instruments ? Guitar, bass guitar, harmonica, keyboards drums. Art and Crafts ? drawing, painting. I am also interested in astronomy, photography films and reading. I enjoy outdoor pursuits such as cycling, skateboarding and surfing. I make boomerangs too.

Keep sending them in!!

WTF! Is wrong with this CV?? My hobbies are not too disimular to that, I read a lot of book, mostly comedy, and I love going out with my mates. That?s on my CV. Any how, I read this and got a little bit pissed with what was put. So I have written a letter? and sending it to the editor today via email. I will keep you posted if they reply..

But whats your thoughts on this?? is it ok to do such a thing is a professional magazine?

I dont think its that funny but I dont see anything wrong in putting them in the magazine. I mean there is no way to link it back to a particular person. But quick question what does cv mean, I get that its like a resume but what does it stand for??
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs