Friendships

A bit delicate, but the curiosity is killing me

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
IndieMonet727 On October 23, 2016

, Texas
#1New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 05:52:07
How can you ask an online friend, in a none accusing way if their pictures are fake?

I've known this person since I was 16, and he's a really cool guy, and I enjoy our conversations immensely, but I just can not believe the pictures (which I've only seen about 3) is really him. It just doesn't match up.

Some friends of mine are throwing me a going away party next saturday, and he said he MIGHT come. I don't understand why there might be a MIGHT in there, but whatever.

This has been gnawing at me for the past 5 years. It doesn't matter, but then it does because....we're supposed to be uber close and at this point all of our pretenses should be laid aside.

Antywayz.
How can I approach him about this in a gentle, none-judgemental way?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 06:36:19
ask if it is reallly a picture of him, or his dogs ass?
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 06:54:49
Feds have software that can trace photos around the webs for other occurrences, why this hasn't been released to the public I don't know.

You can either ask directly or visit one of several large Royalty Free Image sites digging through their collections for a couple of hours.

Also, for laughs, check out Mingleville.com. No one there is that feckin' pretty but you can't blame any of them because real photos have been made a must to post in their forums.
FinchMeister On December 08, 2018
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#4New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 07:34:45
I don't really care since I roleplay characters.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 08:37:58
What makes you say they do not match up and might not be him?

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 09:05:24
As usual, I'm quite candidly open with my nuttery but I've noticed a lot more oddity taking place in this particular forum (and a few in the past) than just old friends hiding behind masks.

, Texas
#7New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 21:50:03
@Electric_Banana Said

Feds have software that can trace photos around the webs for other occurrences, why this hasn't been released to the public I don't know.

You can either ask directly or visit one of several large Royalty Free Image sites digging through their collections for a couple of hours.

Also, for laughs, check out Mingleville.com. No one there is that feckin' pretty but you can't blame any of them because real photos have been made a must to post in their forums.

What do the admins do, google search every photo thats posted? That just seems a bit unnecessary. People are going to dupe you any way that they can.

, Texas
#8New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 21:52:18
@Sparklegirl Said

What makes you say they do not match up and might not be him?

He's a massive dork. (Like me!)
The guy in the picture looks like he spends half his day on his appearance.
Super douche. My friend, is not a douche.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 21:54:09
@IndieMonet727 Said

What do the admins do, google search every photo thats posted? That just seems a bit unnecessary. People are going to dupe you any way that they can.

I wouldn't suspect most profiles are bothered with unless there's reasonable suspicion to bother with them.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 21:59:34
you could search the photos on tineye? see if they come up on other sites.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 22:00:31
@Electric_Banana Said

That software is called "Tineye" and "Google Image Search" and has been available to all of us for years.

OP: Did you run his pictures against those services?
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 22:01:35
@IndieMonet727 Said

He's a massive dork. (Like me!)
The guy in the picture looks like he spends half his day on his appearance.
Super douche. My friend, is not a douche.

Have you ever commented to him that he looks like he really looks after himself? He might just be fit but still a geek
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#13New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 22:05:49
Well you could ask to talk on skype. or take a silly picture with bread on your head, or some other theme.

Though if it's been years, there might not be a subtle way to do it. And there are people out there that have started using pictures that are not them, and will just avoid things.

, New Zealand
#14New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 22:07:39
@jonnythan Said

That software is called "Tineye" and "Google Image Search" and has been available to all of us for years.

OP: Did you run his pictures against those services?

Hmm...I'll have to check TinEye. I have a feeling it isn't going to be sophisticated enough to track some images.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#15New Post! Jan 10, 2013 @ 23:24:26
After 5 years you still haven't met him yet he talks as though it's easy enough for him to meet with you if he 'wanted' to?

I would set a date with him; insist you meet and if he can't, or cancels out too many times I'd consider myself duped; something is wrong if they're avoiding meeting you when they can...
You do talk like you two live near enough to one another where this would be easy enough for him...after 5 years I find it very strange you haven't met face to face yet.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs