The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Q & A

would you like to have the president election and general election on separate dates?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Sep 08, 2016 @ 00:15:51
last week, I was approached by one of the petitioner in the city of st. louis and he ask me this question above.

I told him that not a bad idea, he told me the petition make to general election next year. to have the president election on November 8 1916, and have the general election like governor, mayor, and other local authorities next year.

also, the law does help if one party's president candidate wins, all the local authorities that in the same party would win, too.

I didn't sign the petition, because I thought not a bad idea. no judge would change it, because it is a law.

I google up the information, it is a law. I thought interesting, the most reason is that the fact, there would be a low turnout for the election. I think more true than anything in general election.

I don't if this law was written in the constitution and I think the supreme count could only change it.

election college is really charge of the law how it works.

I read that congress would have vote on this if the proposition became national.

but I am not sure about everything, what I reading about it. it kept repeating things over and over, in general.

what are your feelings, if the government change this law. so you can vote for your president candidate on one day, and other next day, you can vote your local candidates.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Sep 08, 2016 @ 00:18:50
Voting is already such a hassle, (long lines, having to take off work) making it more days will only make it worse.

I'd rather it all be together. One and done.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Sep 08, 2016 @ 00:43:46
@DiscordTiger Said

Voting is already such a hassle, (long lines, having to take off work) making it more days will only make it worse.

I'd rather it all be together. One and done.

that how I felt about it. most of local candidates are very questionable and hardly you really don't anything about them.

the bombardment of commercials turn me off soo much, that I don't vote them at all.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Sep 08, 2016 @ 00:51:06
I know that that people would go vote for the president, maybe a proposal or two.

I think they like me, have no clue who these people are. like two vice president candidates, you have a little knowledge of them. even in the debates, they are going to repeat the same thing what Hillary or trump going to said in their debates.

in four years later, when they in office, you still don't know them.

who really watches the local debates on tv?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Sep 08, 2016 @ 00:59:09
I've heard on and off talk about making election day a national holiday so people don't have to take off work to vote.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Sep 08, 2016 @ 01:12:13
@mrmhead Said

I've heard on and off talk about making election day a national holiday so people don't have to take off work to vote.

doesn't the other countries do that, I am not sure think uk might do that??

it was 10 or 20 years, that I heard this off and on about a national day, too.

it probably was turn town by congress, or this law is designed that is must be at the beginning of month.

Election Day in the United States is the day set by law for the general elections of public officials. It occurs on the Tuesday immediately after the first Monday in November[1] (this does not necessarily mean the "first Tuesday" in a month because the first day of a month can be a Tuesday). The earliest possible date is November 2, and the latest possible date is November 8 (as it will be for the 2016 election).
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Sep 08, 2016 @ 01:17:47
@mrmhead Said

It would only work if the stores closed.
Other wise it just be a sale day and retail workers still be screwed.

That will never happen. They don't even close for thanksgiving and Christmas any more.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Sep 09, 2016 @ 03:27:50
Presidential Election on a specific day separate from any and all other elections...preferably once every 6 years...

Chaski votes "Yes".

Also...

> Reduce the campaign period to 6 months.

> Debates held between candidates from all political parties that are registered in all 50 states regardless of what % of the vote that BS media run "polls' say.

> Also meaningful campaign reform...and on that topic, I would allow any human being who is a citizen of the USA to PUBLICALLY donate as much money to any candidate that they wanted to, but forbid any Corporation from donating a single penny...etc.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs