The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

would you let your white daughter date a black guy while she lives at your house?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
mrmentalist On February 22, 2006

Deleted

#61New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 19:57:49
does this mean i can give lil kim a white baby ? yay
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#62New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 19:59:25
@stumblinthrulife Said
So why wasn't this thread entitled, "Would you allow your daughter to date an urban philosopher?"?

So my post before this was out of point??
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#64New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:00:24
@babyrs Said
I think love transcends all race, colour or religion. If they are happy together... and she 'claims' to be in love, (we can be unforgiving sceptics!) I think as a parent, I would give her my support. After all - one cannot choose whom one falls in love with.

I'd rather that, than fall out with my daughter. At least as such, I would know what is going on! We can be fools when we are in love... and I doubt anyone is an exception to that. My daughter will have the benefit of the doubt. Racial differences and stigma wise - I'm sure they would be able to handle it. I will not be too worried personally about what people may think... it is her life and her happiness, and she has no one to answer to for what she chooses to do but herself.

Assuming the relationship breaks down - at least she still has her parents to fall back on. I might think to myself - "I could've told you so"... but sometimes we need to find out for ourselves the consequences of our actions even if many were to have advised us otherwise.

This is my personal opinion, please don't take offence - but as parents, sometimes when it comes to issues of the heart... the worst thing to do in many instances is to object. Of course, not being a parent myself, I am not qualified to dish this out... but I have known how it's like to face objection. Enough pain and hurt to tell myself - never will I subject any of my kids to that.

Very nicely said.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:01:15
@stefficles Said
WHY oh why does everyone seem to think that "kids" can't fall in love?? Since you are talking about "kids" living together I'm going to guess you are talking about someone who is, at a minimum, 17 years old. So, you're talking about a daughter who is 17+. Firstly, she's old enough to know what she's doing. If she is in love with someone then no one has a right to tell her not to love him due to racial differences. A 17 year old girl is old enough to know if she's in love or not. In fact, a 15 year old girl is old enough to know if she's in love or not! My friend fell in love with her boyfriend about 4 years ago. That would make her 15 years old. They only broke up recently due to long distance, but they're still friends and anyone who looks at them can see they're meant for each other.

See I think teenage love is far more intense. The first heartbreak is the worst because they have no idea that they WILL get over it.

When you fall in love for the first time it is so intensely strong, people say that kids have no idea about love and in my opinion that is a pile of horse s***, it is stronger, harder and faster.
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#66New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:02:22
@chocolate_new_orleans Said
they were in "infactuation" They don't know what love is though until they have grown up some.

infatuation and how do you know this..are you them?
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#67New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:03:28
@treebee Said
See I think teenage love is far more intense. The first heartbreak is the worst because they have no idea that they WILL get over it.

When you fall in love for the first time it is so intensely strong, people say that kids have no idea about love and in my opinion that is a pile of horse s***, it is stronger, harder and faster.

Good point! I never thought of it that way.
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:07:08
they were in "infactuation" They don't know what love is though until they have grown up some.

So are you trying to tell me that i'm infatuated with my boyfriend?? You have no idea how other people feel about each other. It may only be "puppy love" if you can't call it real love then at least call it something remotely like love.

By your statement, you are telling me that I have not experienced love and that I am only infatuated with my boyfriend? I'd like to tell you that you are mightily wrong and you have no way of knowing how much I love him and how much I care for him. People fall in love at young ages and stay in love and together for the rest of their lives. Older people fall in love and stay together. Older people fall in love and drift apart. Age doesn't come into it. The point is whether you love someone or not, and only you can make that decision. I can't tell if one person loves another, I can tell if they seem like their in love, but I have no access to their deepest feelinsg (unless they tell me)
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#70New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:08:56
kids in general are immature. Therefore, don't know what true love is, yet. They will, but highschool dating isn't about love, it's about seeing what you like, and figuring out what you "love"

define love and true love please?
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#71New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:10:22

Whilst I agree with you to a certain extent... are we able to say that they are NOT in love?

I think love happens as and when we allow ourselves to. Age has no bearing on it. With maturity, we are more 'aware' of what loving and being in love entails... but can anyone safely say when we are then qualified to know love and truly be in love? To me, love means a relationship that is life-giving - one of mutuality: mutual trust, mutual giving, and mutual receiving. When I say "I love you"... what I mean is: I want to give myself to you -- my time, my patience, my listening ear, my forgiveness, all of me... and that I graciously accept your person, who and what you are; and that I trust in the selflessness of the agape that you offer me. What if they felt all that, despite their (I'm assuming here) young age?

No one owns us - so we have nothing to lose. Only we can give away or surrender all that we hold to the challenges within our lives. Within the midst of our suffering there is always something to be learnt. With every obstacle overcome, we will become stronger... and wiser in the ways of life.

As Carl Jung once commented:

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside dreams.
He who looks inside, awakens.

I think she deserves a chance to find herself.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#72New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:11:14
I know when I was 18 and first started dating chris I fell madly in love with him. I still have love for him today and I always will until the day I die.

#73New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:12:27
W00T! babyrs; you have such a way with words! What she said is what I was trying to say!!! she rocks...

#74New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:13:35
@reiko Said
I know when I was 18 and first started dating chris I fell madly in love with him. I still have love for him today and I always will until the day I die.

I know that, whatever the future holds for Max and myself as a couple, i will always love him. He will always have a place in y heart because I love him so so so much and there is no way I could ever completely stop lovin him!
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#75New Post! Feb 14, 2006 @ 20:13:51
kids in general are immature. Therefore, don't know what true love is, yet. They will, but highschool dating isn't about love, it's about seeing what you like, and figuring out what you "love"

I think you are generalising here, Is that mature?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs