Forums:
Random

she told me she was Biaexual

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#16New Post! May 06, 2018 @ 15:25:37
Unless its pertinent to a conversation or a relationship personally I do not want to know what someones sexual orientation is, its not my concern. if someone were to make a move on me that's another matter but I think that there are some things that should be kept quiet about. my former supervisor one was telling me about what he & his s/o did last night! TMI!!! I do not want to know about his sexual activities or anyone else's, that should remain silent. I say nothing about that part of my life to everyone except the other person involved. Its private & should remain so!!
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#17New Post! May 06, 2018 @ 17:48:11
Yeah seriously, who gives a s*** whose with who and what turns them on. We the people (the majority) won't end up in the bedroom with them anyway, yanno?
It comes off to me more and more that with said types, it's their way of trying to force one's acceptance of 'who they are'. Get into your comfort zone, even.

I'm just going to be Me, as I always have. Treat people accordingly. As I always have. And if anyone feels the need to try and control what comes out of my mouth, referring a she as a he, for example, well, they've got a very long wait ahead of them. Why should I have to forfeit my comfort to make someone else comfortable?
I'm all for fair treatment, mind you; don't mistake what I'm saying.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#18New Post! May 06, 2018 @ 18:00:24
See people define themselves by labels first rather than just being comfortable and happy they are decent humans. I too don't give a hoot if they are white/black/him/her/they/bi/gay/whatever. I try to just see people as people. Maybe they are trying to hard to gain social acceptance or to fit into a bracket. A need to belong to a section of society

#19New Post! May 06, 2018 @ 18:50:47
@cole Said

See people define themselves by labels first rather than just being comfortable and happy they are decent humans. I too don't give a hoot if they are white/black/him/her/they/bi/gay/whatever. I try to just see people as people. Maybe they are trying to hard to gain social acceptance or to fit into a bracket. A need to belong to a section of society

Unfortunately society likes to "label" people into social groups I do not know why!! I am my social group you either like me or not!! I do not consider myself to be any social group, I am what I am. My only issue would be if someone way trying to turn me into something I am not!
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#20New Post! May 12, 2018 @ 08:13:02
the young woman I mentioned in the original post, is currently experiencing soaring anxiety levels because she wants to tell her mum that she is bisexual. and i'm sayng to her...'do you really need to tell her, why not just experience being in a bi relationship and when you're feeling more self assured tell your mum?' really stressing herself.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#21New Post! May 12, 2018 @ 09:47:18
@offbeat Said

the young woman I mentioned in the original post, is currently experiencing soaring anxiety levels because she wants to tell her mum that she is bisexual. and i'm sayng to her...'do you really need to tell her, why not just experience being in a bi relationship and when you're feeling more self assured tell your mum?' really stressing herself.
Do people really need to make a conscious decision to tell people? As you said she should just live her life, if she finds herself a nice person to take along to meet mum then have a conversation about it then and answer questions. Beforehand I don't really see the need to have a sit down and a "mum i have something to tell you" type convo. When there might not actually be anything to tell, afterall she may meet a male type person and go on to have a lifelong relationship with.

I think if she just took a partner along and made it feel like the natural, normal thing to do then it would get more well received.

london, United Kingdom
#22New Post! May 12, 2018 @ 13:52:05
@cole Said

Do people really need to make a conscious decision to tell people? As you said she should just live her life, if she finds herself a nice person to take along to meet mum then have a conversation about it then and answer questions. Beforehand I don't really see the need to have a sit down and a "mum i have something to tell you" type convo. When there might not actually be anything to tell, afterall she may meet a male type person and go on to have a lifelong relationship with.

I think if she just took a partner along and made it feel like the natural, normal thing to do then it would get more well received.

yeah, mind you, I get the impression that her mum is a bit overbearing. apparently she has taken top parental position and seems quite happy to undermine her husband by criticizing him to her kids. she's one of those women that wants everyone to know that she as a person is defined by being a 'feminist!'
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#23New Post! May 12, 2018 @ 14:49:36
@offbeat Said

yeah, mind you, I get the impression that her mum is a bit overbearing. apparently she has taken top parental position and seems quite happy to undermine her husband by criticizing him to her kids. she's one of those women that wants everyone to know that she as a person is defined by being a 'feminist!'
Overbearing mother would be the perfect person to do what i've said with. What's she going to say? Probably far less if you have that conversation with prior to introducing someone. Again unless they are a close family she could probably get away with never having that conversation at all.

I just don't see the need to have a sit down with someone to discuss my sexual preferences with unless it was a person i was attracted to. Perhaps it's because my parents are/were quite liberal. All my parents would say was something along the lines of "as long as your happy, we're happy"

london, United Kingdom
#24New Post! May 12, 2018 @ 16:05:30
@cole Said

Overbearing mother would be the perfect person to do what i've said with. What's she going to say? Probably far less if you have that conversation with prior to introducing someone. Again unless they are a close family she could probably get away with never having that conversation at all.

I just don't see the need to have a sit down with someone to discuss my sexual preferences with unless it was a person i was attracted to. Perhaps it's because my parents are/were quite liberal. All my parents would say was something along the lines of "as long as your happy, we're happy"

yeah, I agree, these days it's no big deal being gay or bi. hardly needs mentioning.... just found out that my area is holding it's first gay pride march this summer ... yet another opportunity for them to get some much needed attention.

#25New Post! May 12, 2018 @ 18:46:19
I think that its no-ones business if someone is gay etc, I for one do not want to know!!! The only time that it would bother me if someone tried to make a move on me!! There is to much information out there nowadays. I do not want to know about 'others" orientation unless it was someone I was attracted to. that includes those of a hetrosexual nature. What you did last night etc is of no concern of mine & I much prefer NOT to hear about it whatever it may be. As far as I am concerned what goes on behind close doors should stay just there, behind the doors.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#26New Post! May 12, 2018 @ 19:04:18
@Komentenmelodie Said

I think that its no-ones business if someone is gay etc, I for one do not want to know!!! The only time that it would bother me if someone tried to make a move on me!! There is to much information out there nowadays. I do not want to know about 'others" orientation unless it was someone I was attracted to. that includes those of a hetrosexual nature. What you did last night etc is of no concern of mine & I much prefer NOT to hear about it whatever it may be. As far as I am concerned what goes on behind close doors should stay just there, behind the doors.

Yep, i'm the same. I don't even like public displays of romance from any sexual orientation, except perhaps a bit of hand holding. They really should stop banging on about their need to be different but accepted as not different and just be happy and enjoy life.

london, United Kingdom
#27New Post! May 13, 2018 @ 09:44:50
@cole Said

Yep, i'm the same. I don't even like public displays of romance from any sexual orientation, except perhaps a bit of hand holding. They really should stop banging on about their need to be different but accepted as not different and just be happy and enjoy life.

I wonder what the reaction would be if 'straight pride' marches started popping up all over the place.i'm suspecting that there would be protests.

#28New Post! May 14, 2018 @ 02:04:10
@offbeat Said

I wonder what the reaction would be if 'straight pride' marches started popping up all over the place.i'm suspecting that there would be protests.

I had though exactly the same thing as I was writing my last reply. Very sadly now there is way to much "pc" thing that things that are "normal" are no longer seen as so. I feel that the "pendulem" have swung far to much the other way now so what was the accepted "norm" cannot stand on its own legs anymore without seeing as being discriminatory which is all wrong! Case in point there is a show on tv here that by the name of it is clearly aimed at a certain demographic. Personally I am offended that the tv company calls it by this name because if it was a different dempgraphic I feel very sure that the original one would accuse the new name of the same!! I do not feel that you can have your cake & eat it!!
txsome On May 14, 2018

#29New Post! May 14, 2018 @ 05:22:20
Personally, it isn't so much of 'broadcasting' in my opinion but sometimes a testing of the water to see how the people around them would receive such preferences. Bear in mind that the LGBT community is still one that many people don't accept and certain people with closed minds would treat them differently if they ever found out. I suppose that she was getting close to you and thus would want to see how you'd take to it in case down the road you decide to shun her.

london, United Kingdom
#30New Post! May 14, 2018 @ 08:37:05
@txsome Said

Personally, it isn't so much of 'broadcasting' in my opinion but sometimes a testing of the water to see how the people around them would receive such preferences. Bear in mind that the LGBT community is still one that many people don't accept and certain people with closed minds would treat them differently if they ever found out. I suppose that she was getting close to you and thus would want to see how you'd take to it in case down the road you decide to shun her.

well, she felt the unstoppable urge to tell me because I said that being pansexual meant shagging anything with a pulse. her sense of justice ( she's a Libran apparently ) forced her to explain my error, and to fully back up her view she felt compelled to confess to once being a pansexual. and then she went on to say that she has now scaled back to being bisexual. this is all well and good but will count for little if she doesn't give me a blow by blow account of her first session of girl on girl action ... that's if it ever happens of course.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs