Forums:
Relationships

commitment

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
fidget On March 04, 2008

, South Africa
#1New Post! Nov 06, 2006 @ 17:19:08
may be it's just me but i find it hard that you can say at the age of 13 that you are comitted to one person for the rest of your life... yes i am a critic yes you need us pests in the world other wise there is no fun... and maybe it'sbecause my parents are devorced that this is my mind set but people live long so you cannot say i am gonna be with this person for the rest of your life... i'd go as far as to say you might be 90 but you still have that 0.00000001% chance of a devorce break up what ever....

or maybe i'm just throwing a hissie fit
sean3h On March 29, 2016

#2New Post! Nov 06, 2006 @ 17:22:16
You're right as you never know what tomorrow will bring. People fall out of love, they change as people etc. Personally if I was with a girl that I could see myself spending the rest of my life with I wouldn't actually say that and just take each day as it comes.

Maybe that's why I don't actually have a girl...
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#3New Post! Nov 06, 2006 @ 17:30:49
I agree with you. You can't say at a young age that you are going to spend the rest of your life with one certain person. Why would you want to?? Teens have so much to experience...don't devote yourself to one person forever. Now, I'm not saying be with all the girls/guys you meet, but enjoy life, don't worry about who you are going to date. You have years to think about that.

And besides, most people at 25 still can't commit to one person! The older you get, the better most people are at finding The One.....well some people are anyways LOL
But don't be with someone to make yourself happy. Be happy with yourself fisrt, THEN find someone.

But a life long commitment(marriage) is not for everyone. And that should be talked about between the couple, and understood if that is the thinking of one of the people in the relationship.

The biggest mistake people make is that they think marriage is a simple thing. Not so. If you want something to last, you have to work at it. The first few years are the easiest...sometimes, but then people begin to think about the rest of their lives with one person. True love takes commitment, sharing, eqaulity, respect, time alone, understanding, communication.

I was a teen once , that's the last thing a teen needs. It's not love, it's lust....hormones are driving everything

All the best to everyone and their b/f, g/f, spouse!!
fidget On March 04, 2008

, South Africa
#4New Post! Nov 06, 2006 @ 17:31:27
same
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs