AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#31New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 15:32:29
@USAFPSPRET Said

Here's a link to the Romney's just released tax and charitable contributions information. They'll also be releasing information back to 1999. https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/romneys-release-taxes_652850.html They show quite a bit more class in their charitable givings than many other notables.

But getting the government to force others to pay taxes for entitlements IS their charity. They file it on their Democrat Form 1040 under Good Intentions. Ergo, rich Democrats don't pay; "poor" "less fortunate" Democrats suck it up as entitlements; and the Democrat middle-class (what there is of it) continues to be clueless.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#32New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 15:40:01
@ThePainefulTruth Said

But getting the government to force others to pay taxes for entitlements IS their charity. They file it on their Democrat Form 1040 under Good Intentions. Ergo, rich Democrats don't pay; "poor" "less fortunate" Democrats suck it up as entitlements; and the Democrat middle-class (what there is of it) continues to be clueless.

The IRS was created under Republican President Abraham Lincoln.

More recently, as in 1980s, there was a reorganization of the IRS.... while being a bipartisan commission, it was during the Republican presidential administrations of Reagan and Bush.

So,the 1040 form would actually be more like a Republican form.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#33New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 15:54:51
@USAFPSPRET Said

Here's a link to the Romney's just released tax and charitable contributions information. They'll also be releasing information back to 1999. https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/romneys-release-taxes_652850.html They show quite a bit more class in their charitable givings than many other notables.

Yup.. an average of 4 million per year in charitable donations.. 75% of which went to the Mormon church.

So, over the last 10 years, they've given 30 million dollars to an institution that still will not allow black clergy, and what they gave was almost exactly what the Mormon church pumped into the Prop 8 campaign against marriage equality in California.. (through a super pac of course, because we all know that churches can't get involved in politics without losing their non profit status :roll..

Yup.. even more reasons not to vote for him.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#34New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 16:36:38
@chaski Said

The IRS was created under Republican President Abraham Lincoln.

Not that Lincoln was perfect, but that's irrelevant. There needs to be an IRS of some form whatever kind of taxes we use. The problem came with the income tax, which the Republicans did support, in a sycophantic play for the press which backfired since they thought it would never pass as a constitutional amendment. They still haven't learned.

Quote:
More recently, as in 1980s, there was a reorganization of the IRS.... while being a bipartisan commission, it was during the Republican presidential administrations of Reagan and Bush.

So. While Reagan did cut taxes significantly, which raised revenues, he also signed a lot of spending bills. And of course Bush I (one of those establishment, Ivy League Republicans I was talking about) raised taxes after telling us to read his lips.

Quote:
So,the 1040 form would actually be more like a Republican form.

Huh? My Democrat Form 1040 was a satirical illustration of liberal power to distribute "charity" through the power of collecting taxes. Or are you still out there in left field chasing another grounder to the wall...or something.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#35New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 16:51:14
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Huh? My Democrat Form 1040 was a satirical illustration of liberal power to distribute "charity" through the power of collecting taxes. Or are you still out there in left field chasing another grounder to the wall...or something.

And if it was accurate, it would have been a satire on the Reps'... since they created it in the 1st place.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#36New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 18:23:30
@white_swan53 Said

This sort of image has been needed for the past 5 or so years ,when some Obama supporters have demanded that nothing but 'sugar coated positive and supportive and nice and sweet nothings type things can be allowed to be spoken about Mr. and Mrs. Obama.

Since the mirror was directed at me, I'll ask you point blank to pull up examples when I said that Obama should not be criticized or that there was nothing to criticize him for. I may not agree with what some criticize him for but it doesn't mean I don't have my own issues with the man and/or his presidency.

ETA...

I've got another thought to add to the above. What I would LOVE to see from the Obama detractors is to not believe every negative thing they hear/read about the man. If we were to believe everything the Obama detractors say/believe/post on here, it would not be unfair to assume Obama is evil incarnate.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#37New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 19:49:03
@LuckyCharms Said

Since the mirror was directed at me, I'll ask you point blank to pull up examples when I said that Obama should not be criticized or that there was nothing to criticize him for. I may not agree with what some criticize him for but it doesn't mean I don't have my own issues with the man and/or his presidency.

ETA...

I've got another thought to add to the above. What I would LOVE to see from the Obama detractors is to not believe every negative thing they hear/read about the man. If we were to believe everything the Obama detractors say/believe/post on here, it would not be unfair to assume Obama is evil incarnate.

I purposely pointed it else where ( in the general direction of those so deep into his camp( not the democrat camp) that they haven't seen daylight since Jan. 2009) when I mentioned the past 5 years and some of his supporters.
It is the responsibility and duty of the American voters to question our elected officials and expect them to be accountable for what goes on in the office they were elected to, but, since Jan. 2009 some in his camp makes out that to question him is called being racist and hate mongering / nitpicking to expect an accounting from him for his actions and policies.
Magically Delicious

#38New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 19:55:52
@white_swan53 Said

I purposely pointed it else where ( in the general direction of those so deep into his camp( not the democrat camp) that they haven't seen daylight since Jan. 2009) when I mentioned the past 5 years and some of his supporters.
It is the responsibility and duty of the American voters to question our elected officials and expect them to be accountable for what goes on in the office they were elected to, but, since Jan. 2009 some in his camp makes out that to question him is called being racist and hate mongering / nitpicking to expect an accounting from him for his actions and policies.

Well when you are replying to something said to me it is not surprising that I think your words are also directed toward me.

Not everyone - not even most, as far as I've heard - say it's race based to argue with his policies. But that's really neither here nor there.

Right now I'm talking about this, oh let's reuse the name for what Palin detractors were called, "Obama derangement syndrome" where everything negative about the man is swallowed and parroted - without any real questioning.

If I actually saw the questions, asking if what was said was true, I'd think differently. Instead it's a big hate fest.

No one or no thing is entirely good or entirely evil. But you'd be hard pressed to convince me of that from what I read here. That is if I didn't think critically about it.

n/a, New Mexico
#39New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 20:43:32
@LuckyCharms Said

Well when you are replying to something said to me it is not surprising that I think your words are also directed toward me.

Not everyone - not even most, as far as I've heard - say it's race based to argue with his policies. But that's really neither here nor there.

Right now I'm talking about this, oh let's reuse the name for what Palin detractors were called, "Obama derangement syndrome" where everything negative about the man is swallowed and parroted - without any real questioning.

If I actually saw the questions, asking if what was said was true, I'd think differently. Instead it's a big hate fest.

No one or no thing is entirely good or entirely evil. But you'd be hard pressed to convince me of that from what I read here. That is if I didn't think critically about it.

I thought about going back over the past 5 years and hunting up a few examples of the accusations of 'racist' when someone tried questioning something Obama had said or done , when what was being questioned was totally unrelated to anything about race. but with my slow computer it would sometime early next week that I would be replying .
I have said many times IMO he is no better or no worse then a lot of politicians when it comes to politicians and their B.S. smack talk while they are asking voters for support.
As to my 'replying' to something said to you ,, all this time I been thinking that it was when a person is directly quoted in a post ,that meant it was about them.
I have never seen anything in your posts that would lead me to think of you as one of those Obama supporters that hasn't seen 'daylight in 5 or so years.' so it came as a surprise to read that you seem think my post was directed towards you personally. The was not my intention, my apologies for any offense or insult.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#40New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 20:52:12
@white_swan53 Said

Generally that is just a cover for those who would attack the president because of his race.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#41New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 20:57:20
@LuckyCharms Said

Agreed. It is sometimes an issue with race for some- and since the president IS mixed race it is bound to come out at times. Something that would never really able to have happened previously. There are some too touchy people that too quickly use the race card but I would think that number to be less than the actual racists who are attacking the president and hiding behind others ideas because of his race. Remember racism is still with us and though it is going away slowly there are too many old school racists still alive being only 50 years past the civil rights era. That coupled with newly created racists and we are bound to see it played out in politics.
Magically Delicious

#42New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 20:58:23
@white_swan53 Said

I thought about going back over the past 5 years and hunting up a few examples of the accusations of 'racist' when someone tried questioning something Obama had said or done , when what was being questioned was totally unrelated to anything about race. but with my slow computer it would sometime early next week that I would be replying .
I have said many times IMO he is no better or no worse then a lot of politicians when it comes to politicians and their B.S. smack talk while they are asking voters for support.
As to my 'replying' to something said to you ,, all this time I been thinking that it was when a person is directly quoted in a post ,that meant it was about them.
I have never seen anything in your posts that would lead me to think of you as one of those Obama supporters that hasn't seen 'daylight in 5 or so years.' so it came as a surprise to read that you seem think my post was directed towards you personally. The was not my intention, my apologies for any offense or insult.

Apology accepted. No worries.

The thing is though there may have been a comment or two directed toward a person or two. But the reality is that most people who have issues with his policies or presidency are not racist and are not treated as such. To take a few incidences and treat them as the norm is my issue. Reality simply doesn't support that perspective.

There's always a few. So what? I can tell you I was called sexist several times for raising any issues with Palin. Do I take it personally or did I think it was the norm? No. I recognize and recognized that there's always a few that go there. C'est la vie. It's not worth the time getting bent out shape for it.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#43New Post! Sep 22, 2012 @ 21:01:48
@white_swan53 Said

There is some of that of course. But the racism of today is subvert and not overt like it use to be.
Arguing points and facts will help dispel some of that, but the sheer amount of personal attacks about being a citizen, his religion, being lazy, etc etc are often based on hate stemming from prejudice.
Those here that argue facts & and issues are not likely to be labeled (correctly or incorrectly) as racist.
IMHO!

n/a, New Mexico
#44New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 01:12:18
@LuckyCharms Said

Apology accepted. No worries.

The thing is though there may have been a comment or two directed toward a person or two. But the reality is that most people who have issues with his policies or presidency are not racist and are not treated as such. To take a few incidences and treat them as the norm is my issue. Reality simply doesn't support that perspective.

There's always a few. So what? I can tell you I was called sexist several times for raising any issues with Palin. Do I take it personally or did I think it was the norm? No. I recognize and recognized that there's always a few that go there. C'est la vie. It's not worth the time getting bent out shape for it.

It was down right annoying at times ,during the first couple years of Obama's taking over the reins to be constantly hearing accusations of 'racist or hating on him ' when anyone dared to question or take issue on some thing he had done. Now it is at times wearisome and at other times pretty entertaining or even amazing to watch those people mother hen Obama while hating on Romney.
Magically Delicious

#45New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 02:05:34
@white_swan53 Said

It was down right annoying at times ,during the first couple years of Obama's taking over the reins to be constantly hearing accusations of 'racist or hating on him ' when anyone dared to question or take issue on some thing he had done. Now it is at times wearisome and at other times pretty entertaining or even amazing to watch those people mother hen Obama while hating on Romney.

Eh, bound to happen with the first black (half black? whatever) president. That's just realism.

But now, several years in, it's not the norm. So, frankly, it's nothing to get excited about.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs