The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

Your views of news today: Prince Harry making racist remarks?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:10:17
What are your views on this news that Prince Harry made racist remarks to army colleagues while being filmed?
woozie On February 17, 2012

, Australia
#2New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:16:59
It happened, its done, nobody's hurt, end of...
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:20:03
Well I'm not suprised, he did go to a fancy dress party dressed as a nazi
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:26:40
@woozie Said

Nobodys hurt? End of? Should he not take responsibility for his actions? After all he is SUPPOSED to be a professional,responsible member of our royal family! if anyone else made those remarks they could be prosecuted so why shouldnt he? If nobody would be hurt by such remarks we would not have laws laws forbidding such things...Why should certain laws only apply to the poorer people in society?
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#5New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:31:07
It was on a video from 3 years ago... who knows how he's matured and changed since then
Say whaaa

#6New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:34:50
Plus there's the whole army life style in which this is the norm really.
imhotep On November 18, 2009

St Dogmaels, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:42:37
the royal family seem to be in the news a lot recently
Edward hitting his dog Zaras bf being fined for something or the other. Ban the lot and be rid of this hypocrisy or just ignore them like i didnt on this occasion.
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:48:48
@woozie Said

@angelcake Said

Plus there's the whole army life style in which this is the norm really.
So..the army spend millions going round the country, advertising, visiting towns and schools trying to recruit/encourage young black or minorites into the army, to a place where they will be fighting for our country only be suffer being racially abused in the process? Surely theres something very wrong here. Why is it aceptable for Harry to racially abuse people but not for others? He is in a professional role, would it be aceptable for another professional eg; a headmaster, teacher? Because of Harrys position he could also be putting OUR safety at risk too by being so irresponsible.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#9New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:03:55
@sarky Said

What are your views on this news that Prince Harry made racist remarks to army colleagues while being filmed?

Do you have a link? What did he say? This is the first i've heard of it!
imhotep On November 18, 2009

St Dogmaels, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:05:43
he called someone a paki and another a raghead.
someone said he might grow up I doubt it being molly coddled by the government and the conservative establishment dont help oh and his grandfather was an out and out racist. Tossers
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#11New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:11:06
@sarky Said

@imhotep Said

he called someone a paki and another a raghead.
someone said he might grow up I doubt it being molly coddled by the government and the conservative establishment dont help oh and his grandfather was an out and out racist. Tossers

Well what's paki? Is it a Indian? If so...then I don't think his mother would have approved!!
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:12:16
@Spinkiegirl Said

Do you have a link? What did he say? This is the first i've heard of it!
www.newsoftheworld.co.uk Prince Harry video
Say whaaa

#13New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:13:48
@sarky Said

So..the army spend millions going round the country, advertising, visiting towns and schools trying to recruit/encourage young black or minorites into the army, to a place where they will be fighting for our country only be suffer being racially abused in the process? Surely theres something very wrong here. Why is it aceptable for Harry to racially abuse people but not for others? He is in a professional role, would it be aceptable for another professional eg; a headmaster, teacher? Because of Harrys position he could also be putting OUR safety at risk too by being so irresponsible.

It said in the article it was a nickname, and if a consented nickname then I don't see the problem. And raghead is a term I've personally heard used loads with the armed forces as a description of arab enemies.
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:49:48
thought the timing of this story being released was a little supect, especially as there were running riots in london yesterday by hundreds of angry muslims,harry was young, naive when film was made, his remarks were probably only in keeping with those around him, and not saying a person of his position should speak in that way, seems he takes after his grandad for his gaffes and silly public outbursts.
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:56:50
@angelcake Said

It said in the article it was a nickname, and if a consented nickname then I don't see the problem. And raghead is a term I've personally heard used loads with the armed forces as a description of arab enemies.
Could you honestly say that Paki is a nickname, i wish people would stop making excuses for people who should very well know better. If no one was actually offended by this, the video wouldnt have came out anyway. If iwas to tell the police i used this nickname im quite sure they would be telling me that i would be having to explain that to the courts. There cannot be one law for Harry and another for the rest of society.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs