The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Animal Rights

You think dairy consumption is good for you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 13:16:00
This may be a surprise if you do...

rogY
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 13:16:50
Yes, because of the natural calcium.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 13:18:56
@Leon Said

Yes, because of the natural calcium.

Exactly why you should watch the video.

rogY
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 13:20:53
@rogy Said

Exactly why you should watch the video.

rogY

Ah, so it was posted for me? How special.

I'll watch it later, as I cannot right now.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 14:12:27
@Leon Said

Ah, so it was posted for me? How special.

I'll watch it later, as I cannot right now.

Good stuff.

rogY
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 18:50:23
The high amount of calcium in milk more than makes up for the loss of calcium that comes from the protien in it.

You experience a much greater loss of calcium, to the point that it is a danger to bone density, only if you consume large amounts of protien via meat products, that don't contain as much calcium as milk, AND don't drink tons of milk to make up for it, which most adults here in the US do not. Heck, kids don't even drink milk as much anymore.

Yes, you can also avoid consuming both altogether by eating tons and tons of vegetables as well, but the amount needed to make up for the lack of calcium ingestion that you would gain from a simple two glasses of milk is astronomical in comparision, which most, if any Americans, do not either, at least on a daily basis, unless they do actually eat 40 servings of broccoli or 250 oranges every day. Especially kids, where calcium is most important to their growing bones.

Besides, the person who made the video doesn't consider any other factors as well that would be in play for the fact that different ethnicities have different prevalence rates of osteoporosis, especially ones that line up the differences better, only jumping on the chance to use it as to proof that consumption of dairy products is not beneficial to its prevention.

I saw studies that found out that asians have almost the same rates as caucasians and that blacks and hispanics are much further below, which DOESN'T line up nicely with video's theory of animal diet being the primary cause of higher rates, does it?

I saw some studies pointed out to the prevalence of smaller bone structure in certain races as one factor.

I saw others that point out to obesity and its toll on bones, others to a specific combination of certain bone structure mass and body weight.

And almost all studies that tested a lack of calcium in diets came away with conclusions supporting its intake, especially in childhood, when bones are still growing.

Those that have done comprehensive peer-reviews of these studies have concluded that it is bone genetics that is the primary factor, followed by a lack of calcium in childhood, followed by a lack of calcium in adulthood.
cvchic13 On November 12, 2020
(s)AINT

Desolation Row, United States
#7New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 18:53:35
Some stuff isn't good for you. Like butter fat in ice cream.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 19:04:20
Why is it in all these Animal Rights videos posted the person or persons on the video look malnourished?
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 19:11:34
Look you enjoy your veg and us carnivores will enjoy our meat, I can't stand people who preach to others, everyone should live their lives the way they choose to without bring preached to by others who choose to live differently. I am not against people expressing their opinions but bombarding people with all these threads basically all saying the same thing is a bit much and you won't change anyones opinions that way, the same way people's replies probably won't change your stand. I am sorry but I just can't be doing with people who preach...
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#10New Post! Aug 05, 2011 @ 19:17:52
I agree, milk is not good for us. Most advertising and studies done on milk and its benefits were paid for by the dairy industry. Milk makes us fat, like it's supposed to. However, that doesn't mean people should stop consuming it, we eat, drink, and do lots of things that are bad for us. Milk in moderation isn't going to hurt anyone unless they are lactose intolerant.
Fritzy On April 15, 2013

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#11New Post! Aug 12, 2011 @ 07:59:12
@boobear Said

Look you enjoy your veg and us carnivores will enjoy our meat, I can't stand people who preach to others, everyone should live their lives the way they choose to without bring preached to by others who choose to live differently. I am not against people expressing their opinions but bombarding people with all these threads basically all saying the same thing is a bit much and you won't change anyones opinions that way, the same way people's replies probably won't change your stand. I am sorry but I just can't be doing with people who preach...

Block the Animal Rights forum. I blocked it 2 weeks ago and my homepage has been very peaceful.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:46:26
@boobear Said

This is the animal rights thread, right - so it is inevitable that people talk about issues relevant to animal rights.

What else do you expect to find on the animal rights thread apart from talk about animal rights issues? What you describe as preaching is people advocating for animal rights on - wowie - the animal rights thread.

You write, "everyone should live their lives the way they choose to without bring preached to by others who choose to live differently" but you do not really believe that, do you?

Do you really think that everyone can live exactly as they want to, no matter what the consequences are?

rogY
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#13New Post! Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:56:34
Do you really think people want to be told what to eat by single minded people?
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#14New Post! Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:57:58
@cvchic13 Said

Some stuff isn't good for you. Like butter fat in ice cream.

Awwwwwwwwwww.....party pooper!!!
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#15New Post! Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:59:01
@Fritzy Said

Block the Animal Rights forum. I blocked it 2 weeks ago and my homepage has been very peaceful.

Here, Fritzy. I made you breakfast....see you in the cardiac ICU!!

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs