The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Art & Literature:
Crafts

X-Stitch fans - any feedback would be appreciated.....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
cuddlyme On April 30, 2008

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Apr 19, 2008 @ 22:07:54
As mentioned in an earlier post I've become addicted to cross stitch virtual style. My newest challenge is to complete a set of 4 pieces depicting the Four Elements - fire, water, earth and wood.

To give those interested a better idea as to how it all works, maybe posting a few wip's (work in progress ) pics. might help.
I started with 'fire' and will explain the meaning of the symbols when a little more progress is made.

Pic 1 - having chosen the colours, one then makes/paints the equivalent of a stitch in the chosen size. ie. 3x3 pixels in this case.
Pic 2 - gives the overall wip - will post more as the piece takes shape
pic 3 - a zoomed sample to illustrate how it all hangs together.
Basically, the pattern takes shape by placing the stitches together, etc, etc as you can see. It takes lots of patience and good eyesight. I usually work at 800% zoom when working on the piece, which makes things a little easier. The pixel drawing tools I use are those contained in photoimpact (pc software program). eg. colour pallete, paint brush, grid to be able to count stitches, etc, etc...

Further updates to be posted soon. However, just holla if ya wanna ask any questions.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Apr 21, 2008 @ 04:38:14
Wow, that is amazing!

I've used paint to test out quilt patterns...but it's nothing like this...those are truly beautiful!
lilacs1966 On June 27, 2008

Port Angeles, Washington
#3New Post! Apr 21, 2008 @ 16:13:40
I thought the 4 elements were fire, water, earth and air.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Apr 21, 2008 @ 16:17:15
damn,
i thought x-stitching would be like some extreme sport version of sewing.
like mending your jeans on a bmx while going down a mountain.

looks nice though.
thomas1979 On June 15, 2008

Melbourne, Australia
#5New Post! Jun 15, 2008 @ 02:28:12
Lol! Nah, cross stitch is kinda like tapestries, only made up of lots of crosses instead of little diagonal lines. The completed work looks kind of similar, only cross stitch has other elements like backstitch and half stitches and stuff.

Currently I am doing one of a young wiccan girl, when completed it will be made up of one million stitches!!!! I expect it to take me at least five years, maybe more.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs