Music

Live Albums vs Studio Albums

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 03, 2011 @ 15:04:05
Which do you prefer?

Obviously both have their good and bad points, but thinking about I prefer the more polished studio albums rather than live ones. Although there are some truly fantastic live albums about, I think I'd prefer to actually *be* there, rather than listen to someone else's experience so to speak. I think the little quirks and sharp notes, etc are all well and good if you're seeing it live, but if I'm listening to it I want it to sound perfect.

What do you think?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 03, 2011 @ 15:13:24
yes, studio albums.

I enjoy listening to live performances but I am not interested in hearing the crowd sing along or cheer and applaud.

Live acoustic sessions can sometimes be better though.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#3New Post! Sep 12, 2012 @ 05:06:08
Very few live renditions live up to their studio versions, in my opinion, but there have been exceptions.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 12, 2012 @ 06:32:27
@sister_of_mercy Said

Which do you prefer?

Obviously both have their good and bad points, but thinking about I prefer the more polished studio albums rather than live ones. Although there are some truly fantastic live albums about, I think I'd prefer to actually *be* there, rather than listen to someone else's experience so to speak. I think the little quirks and sharp notes, etc are all well and good if you're seeing it live, but if I'm listening to it I want it to sound perfect.

What do you think?

I think hearing a band live is probably more about the experience and the atmosphere of actually seeing the band performing right there in front of you then just having to listen to them live, its similar to watching your favorite sports team play, id much rather be at the stadium watching them then watching on TV or listening to them live on radio.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:30:17
@treebee Said

yes, studio albums.

I enjoy listening to live performances but I am not interested in hearing the crowd sing along or cheer and applaud.

Live acoustic sessions can sometimes be better though.

I like it sometimes as getting huge bursts of applause every now and then makes you feel quite accomplished when you're tidying up around the house or whatever
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:34:54
@sister_of_mercy Said

I like it sometimes as getting huge bursts of applause every now and then makes you feel quite accomplished when you're tidying up around the house or whatever

You could always do the ironing as an encore
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 12, 2012 @ 14:32:03
@sister_of_mercy Said

Which do you prefer?

What do you think?

I would have to say studio albums. Live albums are good, but it mainly depends on the artist. Sometimes when artists sing in live albums and the crowd screams, it's difficult to hear the lyrics.
Neighsayer On September 21, 2012

Deleted

La Follette, Tennessee
#8New Post! Sep 14, 2012 @ 05:07:19
Studio albums. If I want to hear the band live, I'll go to their show for the full experience.
CXI On February 05, 2013

, Australia
#9New Post! Sep 14, 2012 @ 05:12:52
I perfer studio. I like hearing everything. I love going to shows and comparing the vocals and music to what I'm use to hearing but for some reason with live albums I get annoyed hearing the crowd screaming and singing along lol.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs