Work over your leave period. Would you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:33:51
My colleague at work has been told he must take 2 weeks leave (paid), he's taken it but has been coming in every day!

The world will not end if this bloke doesn't come in as there are others to cover him.

I certainly wouldn't come in to work when on leave (unless I was desperately needed)
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:34:57
usually a sign of someone on the take.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:41:07
I wouldn't come in
RIP Boobie

#4New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:56:17
@treebee Said

usually a sign of someone on the take.

Really?!

Our theory is that he has problems at home as he seems to spend as much time away as possible.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:57:21
@Silver_Lining Said

Really?!

Our theory is that he has problems at home as he seems to spend as much time away as possible.

I did that when I was still married..worked 10-12 hour days to get fundages to get away AND not have to be at home
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:58:17
@Silver_Lining Said

Really?!

could be, i remember when my marraige was dying i hated to go home. The only place where people would talk to me was at work.

Although yeah someone who comes in despite being on holiday is usually terrified that they will be found out having done something bad that they shouldnt. Like embezzle profits or steal PCs.
RIP Boobie

#7New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 13:01:41
@treebee Said

could be, i remember when my marraige was dying i hated to go home. The only place where people would talk to me was at work.

Although yeah someone who comes in despite being on holiday is usually terrified that they will be found out having done something bad that they shouldnt. Like embezzle profits or steal PCs.

Hmmm... It wouldn't actually surprise me, there's been other things that could indicate that..
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 13:03:15
@Silver_Lining Said

Hmmm... It wouldn't actually surprise me, there's been other things that could indicate that..

Hmmmm interesting.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 13:08:24
When I got divorced years ago I through all my efforts into my job,I couldn't go home and see my kids anymore and had nothing else to do with my time,so I can see this persons point of view,That's if that's the case.

Others are just plain workaholics and can't help them selves.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#10New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 14:46:22
I've had to work on leave before, but only like an on call status. Like is something went wrong and they needed my authorization on something. Was never more than an hour.

Though I think your coworker is either up to something or has no life outside his job and wouldn't know what to do with himself.
azurah22 On March 26, 2010

Iloilo City, Philippines
#11New Post! Mar 01, 2010 @ 09:09:11
maybe he has some reasons why. it's a great opportunity to rest with pay.

Right Here, Not There,
#12New Post! Mar 01, 2010 @ 09:16:21
I remember one time a few years ago, my work called me wanting me to come in on a holiday... I did. A woman I really liked was back from vacation that day. lol
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 04, 2010 @ 15:08:51
Sounds a bit dubious to me! Imagine being told to take two week paid leave there is so much you could do with your time, why would you want to go into work unless they were short staffed or there was some sort of emergency? It just doesn't feel right does it really?

I agree that either he is upto something or his job is all he has - stranger things have happened?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#14New Post! Mar 08, 2010 @ 01:16:13
salinaa: 'normal' people (whoever they are, lol) would behave the way you're saying. But workholics don't care about any of that - they only care about doing 150% at work. If they are not workholics, then more then likely there are personal reasons why they don't want to be at home. They chooose to 'get lost' in their work, rather then being social, rather then playing/vactioning, rather then being couch potatoes of any kind of home. Every one choose their own ways to handle their own demons, some are more normal then others. It could be they are up to something shady, but believe that would be least likely.
imho
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Mar 08, 2010 @ 15:23:19
@DuLu Said

salinaa: 'normal' people (whoever they are, lol) would behave the way you're saying. But workholics don't care about any of that - they only care about doing 150% at work. If they are not workholics, then more then likely there are personal reasons why they don't want to be at home. They chooose to 'get lost' in their work, rather then being social, rather then playing/vactioning, rather then being couch potatoes of any kind of home. Every one choose their own ways to handle their own demons, some are more normal then others. It could be they are up to something shady, but believe that would be least likely.
imho

Dulu i think you may be right here! I totally see where your coming from with it all! I just think of people I know and compare it to them! Even the most workaholics out of them still take time out to sort out stuff and take vacations - although one friend took her laptop on holiday with her, to another country, so that she could make sure nothing was missed and keep up with work as desired etc... hehe!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs